Poch out?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Poch out?

• Yes

Votes: 161 36.9%
  • No

Votes: 275 63.1%

• Total voters
Who do they think we can realistically bring in that will deliver on the following:

1) Close the gap on the Dippers and Citeh. - Simeone.

2) Win at least one trophy EVERY season. - Impossible task.

3) Deliver exciting attacking football. - Ossie Ardiles (he did it before).

4) Get his tactics spot on EVERY single game. - Mourinho (he won't listen to anyone say different).

5) Give bland non-controversial press conferences. - Garth Crooks.

6) Be able to achieve all of this whilst working under Levy and the ownership of ENIC. - Ah I see, it's all Levy's fault.

Col_McCafferty Col_McCafferty I hope that helps!! :thumbup:

Right, time for the naysayers to put up or shut the fuck up.

Who do they think we can realistically bring in that will deliver on the following:

1) Close the gap on the Dippers and Citeh.

2) Win at least one trophy EVERY season.

3) Deliver exciting attacking football.

4) Get his tactics spot on EVERY single game.

5) Give bland non-controversial press conferences.

6) Be able to achieve all of this whilst working under Levy and the ownership of ENIC.

Go on then!
39icsz.jpg

6) Be able to achieve all of this whilst working under Levy and the ownership of ENIC.

Go on then!

Because that is what people are demanding right? What a warped world you live in.

If you’re asking who is a better manager well try Conte, Ancelotti, Allegri and possibly even Simeone who we could attract for a start.

But we are nothing without Poch right (careful what you wish for).

Because that is what people are demanding right? What a warped world you live in.

If you’re asking who is a better manager well try Conte, Ancelotti, Allegri and possibly even Simeone who we could attract for a start.

None of those managers would deliver attacking football though, Carlo once but not anymore.

Try again!

:sandro:

Do you seriously think any of those managers would come here given our recent transfer net spend history?

Honest question not even looking for a cunt off.

My thoughts on the matter are, Poch got us here. So he should be given at least another season or two to try and take us to the next level.

This is the first season in a while where it feels like we actually made high quality signings. None of them have bedded in (or even been fit for that matter). So he deserves respect and patience this season I think.

If it wasn’t for the Newcastle result none of this would even be given air time.

None of those managers would deliver attacking football though, Carlo once but not anymore.

Try again!

:sandro:

The style of play at Juve and Chelsea under Conte and Allegri was good .

The football Ancelotti had Chelsea and Real playing was very attractive.

So no I won’t ‘try again’.

But why do you care about attacking football all of a sudden when we haven’t played that for nearly 12 months? Care to point where you have criticised our current manager for this?

Do you seriously think any of those managers would come here given our recent transfer net spend history?

Honest question not even looking for a cunt off.

My thoughts on the matter are, Poch got us here. So he should be given at least another season or two to try and take us to the next level.

This is the first season in a while where it feels like we actually made high quality signings. None of them have bedded in (or even been fit for that matter). So he deserves respect and patience this season I think.

If it wasn’t for the Newcastle result none of this would even be given air time.

Yes - we were able to bring Ramos here when we 10th in the league and he was one of the hottest managerial properties around.

I would imagine all of those managers would kill to get access to the group of players we have.

The whole net argument is a fatuous one - most clubs operate a relatively low net spend. All of the Poch apologists go on about Liverpool’s spend and yet their average is lower than Evertons.

Conte is at Inter who don’t have our financial resources, Ancelloti even less so at Napoli, Allegri doesn’t have a job whilst Simeone has always had to sell his best players to finance his spend.

And given that we have just spent massively in the summer it’s also pointless to continue with this poverty narrative.

The style of play at Juve and Chelsea under Conte and Allegri was good .

The football Ancelotti had Chelsea and Real playing was very attractive.

So no I won’t ‘try again’.

But why do you care about attacking football all of a sudden when we haven’t played that for nearly 12 months? Care to point where you have criticised our current manager for this?

You've just got a hard on for Italian football mate but you know what, at least you answered the question so fair play.

The only one of those of want I is Simeone BUT it's obvious that he has zero interest in coming to the PL so that's a non-starter.

My list was based more on the all the complaints from fellow fans rather than my own personal views.

Carlo is way past his peak, Allegri is a cunt, Conte managed the Chavs and Diego doesn't want to manage in England.

I'll stick with Poch thank you very much, the man that is responsible for doing so well that he has turned elements of our fanbase into moaning self-entitled brats.

:pochsmirk:

Last edited:
You've just got a hard on for Italian football mate but you know what, at least you answered the question so fair play.

The only one of those of want is Simeone BUT it's obvious that he has zero interest in coming to the PL so that's a non-starter.

My list was based more on the all the complaints from fellow fans rather than my own personal views.

Carlo is way past his peak, Allegri is a cunt, Conte managed the Chavs and Diego doesn't want to manage in England.

I'll stick with Poch thank you very much, the man that is responsible for doing so well that he has turnedgelements of our fanbase into moaning self-entitled brats.

:pochsmirk:

It’s not based on their Italian achievements but their PL ones. A past his prime Ancelotti is still superior to Poch and I doubt anyone would care that he and Conte managed Chelsea previously especially given that latter has taken them to the high court. As for Allegri - perhapes we need that after the likes of Poch nice guy approach - most of the games elite managers are often nasty pieces of work. Simeone has been learning English and given that the PL is thee elite league and he just screams winner I would be amazed that he didn’t want to actually manage here.

Why do you think Levy hasn't sacked Poch and appointed one from your list?

And do you think he's failing in his job for not doing so?

This whole tiny Poch out movement is ridiculous.

If there's anyone to blame for lack of trophies in recent years, it's Levy.

Ffs

Totally agree. Poch wanted to start the rebuild last summer but Levy fucked around and couldn't even bring in one measly signing. Some fans on here are becoming quite toxic imo. It's one thing to criticise when things aren't going well but some have lost all sense of proportion.

We need to stick together, there are enough people outside the club wanting us to fail and criticise us at every turn we don't need some of our own fans to do the same.

Go on then!
Ralph Hasenhuttl

For me it's far too early to start talking about this becoming a real possibility but stranger things have happened.

One one hand he has secured us numerous, consecutive top 4s which has made our team far bigger in the eyes of a neutral but equally has that been enough? Personally I think it has up until this season but with Levy getting Poch 2x £50m players through the door the ball is back in Poch's court.

My biggest issue with him at the moment isn't necessarily the results, it's the noise coming from him about him maybe wanting to leave if we'd have won the final, the lack of ruling other things out, the way he's played his game with the media for whatever reason he has etc, he's made it out like it's been a real struggle managing the club because he wants us to conduct our business on the same level as Liverpool, Man U or Man City etc.

We're a top club to manage with excellent facilities, a stadium that looks the bollocks but Poch has become a bit of a moaner. Now he's blaming the end of the transfer window for him not being able to get the team settled which to me doesn't make sense. Everyone can see that Davinson Sanchez has a mistake in him & that Eriksen should be starting if he's available and for me if we were playing Liverpool yesterday both would have probably played. It's easy to pick the bones out of a loss afterwards but Lamela and Lucas are squad players, neither start in a strongest XI when all are on song and Pochettino's persistent selecting of foot soldiers instead of winners is my biggest concern.

I say we give him as much time as he deserves until the position becomes untenable. Pulling the trigger on him without letting him prove he can get the team finding a rhythm is lunacy in my opinion. Poch is being too loyal to a couple of under performers and he speaks of ruthlessness but we can all see Lamela should be one falling under his axe if he is to do what he preaches but he's still there doing his usual flattering to deceive.

I worry that Pochettino has been lured by the bright lights of star signings. He needs to not lose touch with the signings that don't come with a high price tag. Lo Celso could have been signed for £22m a year ago yet he now wants him at c£55m etc. He needs to stop chasing the glory too quickly, believe in the processes and just calm the team down so they can get back to basics.

It's a tough one as we have many talented players that are all a little too green for a top 4 team. KWP, Foyth, Sanchez, Sessegnon, Winks still need to add a fair bit to their games and with them not having the finishing touches our team has a bit of a brittle feel to it when the pressure is on.

Poch and the boys deserve more time, more than any other manager in my lifetime and I won't be calling for a change just yet. Let's see how the team settles down and see how the seasons looking 10 league games in before seeing if this is a real issue or just a spell where heads ain't as straight as they should be.
What age are you 10? So avb and sherwood didn't deserve more time?

It's simply not acceptable to put in such a limp performance against a team like Newcastle. Steve Bruce managed Newcastle. Mike Ashley owned Newcastle. No great players Newcastle. 2 shots on target! 2 shots! Three of the easiest points of the season flushed down the toilet.

Totally agree. Poch wanted to start the rebuild last summer but Levy fucked around and couldn't even bring in one measly signing. Some fans on here are becoming quite toxic imo. It's one thing to criticise when things aren't going well but some have lost all sense of proportion.

We need to stick together, there are enough people outside the club wanting us to fail and criticise us at every turn we don't need some of our own fans to do the same.

Poch "there wasn't (sic) any players available that we felt improved what we had" not sure what anyone could have done about that on our budget.

Unless he's been lying to make himself look bad and Levy look good, people are just making stuff up, I'm sure Poch wanted to sign a dozen players in 2018 but they weren't available at the fees, or the salaries, we could then afford .... Poch's words not mine and the reality which we lived in at the time.

Why still talk about 2018 when we've just had 2019? Poch now has pretty much the entire squad that made the CL Final (no Tripps or Llorente) plus three new quality signings .... we should be getting better

This year will be transitioning the old to the new ... fans of the "now, now, now" persuasion will post endlessly that's it's a disaster, Levy's a cunt, Poch needs sacking, all the players are shit, sadly we all know that's going to happen ... but fans who've seen it all before will accept that the new "five year plan" is designed to pay off in years four and five not in year one .... a bit of patience is required

That said with the massive squad we now have a domestic cup win must be a real possibility, Poch would be foolish not to give them some serious focus this year.

Back
Top Bottom