Poch sacked

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Better to have a tragic end than to have a tragedy without an end I guess.. I think it's sad to have him sacked. After all he went through with us, I would have preferred to have him leave on his own in a common agreement. Nevertheless I think, as good as the time with him has been, you could feel over the last couple of months that the work with Poch comes to an end. It's sad news but a chance for a refreshment and kind of just the way things work in football. We all should be super grateful for what he has achieved with this club, things no one would've even thought were possible only a few years ago. The bad start to this season certainly cannot overshadow this for me. Thank you for everything Poch and all the best for the future! 🙏

Far from a failure, but certainly a tragedy in equal measure of success.

Mauricio Pochettino's Tottenham did not win a single trophy. That is now a true statement. It beggars belief.
The last 5 years haven’t been a tragedy. That’s so crazily over the top. I’ve really enjoyed the last 5 years. I’m sorry if you haven’t, but, as an American, why the fuck did you pick Spurs to follow? Presumably you did some research? You can’t just roll up and demand trophies. You chose to support a club that is famous for its inability to win trophies. Stick with it or go elsewhere. I can’t say I’m too bothered which.

Disingenuous argument here my man. Every PL club has risen in value similarly over that period. That's not because of Levy that is a PL thing. That's not to knock his business acumen, such as it is. Compare the bankrupt Liverpool to their situation now under the Americans. Whose done better? yes, Levy's built a stadium but Pool's put that money into their team and without all the advantages of London. I bet they would have similar selling prices.

Serioulsy?

The EPL has seen club values rise by an average of 400m in the last twenty years - we've risen by nearly 1,700 million in that same time period ... you think that's "similar value"?

You think Liverpool and Spurs numbers are the same? in the last seven years Liverpool have pulled in 500m more than Spurs, they spend 100m a year more on wages than we do, that's why they are ahead. It's all about the money.

Liverpool-Revenue-2018.png

Tottenham-FC-2018-Revenue.png

how deluded you are if you criticise Ben... which wombat couldn't list half a dozen "bigger and better" clubs/jobs/activities....

go and look at revenue streams and then try again

My guy, this is not rocket science. TV money, sponsorship money, matchday income. The first two are scaled at top 4, Champions League levels at present, and the matchday income boom from the stadium gets a lot tougher when you can't fill your stadium with your 9th place laughingstock, especially at the prices we're charging.

No one's going bankrupt here, but a continuation of the enormous revenue growth we've seen in the past decade? Not a snowball's chance in hell if we're not even a Europa League side. The clubs that do get those spots will whiz by us so fast it will make your head spin, making the exact same sort of investments we've made, and not being fucking idiots about it when success arrives.

The last 5 years haven’t been a tragedy. That’s so crazily over the top. I’ve really enjoyed the last 5 years. I’m sorry if you haven’t, but, as an American, why the fuck did you pick Spurs to follow? Presumably you did some research? You can’t just roll up and demand trophies. You chose to support a club that is famous for its inability to win trophies. Stick with it or go elsewhere. I can’t say I’m too bothered which.

My god the last 5 years have been one of the greatest experiences of my life as a sports fan. Bar the breaking of the curse by the Cubs probably the single greatest.

The tragedy is that such an amazing ride was not rewarded by silverware.

My guy, this is not rocket science. TV money, sponsorship money, matchday income. The first two are scaled at top 4, Champions League levels at present, and the matchday income boom from the stadium gets a lot tougher when you can't fill your stadium with your 9th place laughingstock, especially at the prices we're charging.

No one's going bankrupt here, but a continuation of the enormous revenue growth we've seen in the past decade? Not a snowball's chance in hell if we're not even a Europa League side. The clubs that do get those spots will whiz by us so fast it will make your head spin, making the exact same sort of investments we've made, and not being fucking idiots about it when success arrives.
So you admit that top 4 is more important than trophies? I can’t keep up.

Back
Top Bottom