Poll: Who do you want most as our next manager?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Who would be your first choice?

• Graham Potter

• Scott Parker

• Ten Hag

• Rafa Benitez

• None of the above - comment below

• *Marcelo Bielsa

• *Ralf Rangnick

• *Ralph Hasenhüttl

• *Steven Gerrard

• *Julen Lopetegui

• *Christophe Galtier

• *Marcelo Gallardo

• *Oliver Glasner

• *Ryan Mason

• *Maurizio Sarri

• *Gian Piero Gasperini

• *Mauricio Pochettino

• *Antonio Conte

• *Eddie Howe

• *Gareth Southgate

• *Nuno Espirito Santo

• *Paulo Fonseca

• *Gennaro Gattuso

• *Ernesto Valverde

Results are only viewable after voting.
I remember when we had a United fan on this forum warning of the shit fest Jose would bring to the club and he got driven off the forum. We now have a Wolves fan on here, think we should probably listen. At least we will know what’s coming.

We shall focus on the recruitment of a new Head Coach. We are acutely aware of the need to select someone whose values reflect those of our great Club and return to playing football with the style for which we are known – free-flowing, attacking and entertaining – whilst continuing to embrace our desire to see young players flourish from our Academy alongside experienced talent.

This is not Nuno :parker:
Yet more Levy lies and spin. Can't wait for his statement when Nuno is appointed...blah blah best traditions of Tottenham....attacking football....utilise our great young players and training facilities.....something something stadium.

We shall focus on the recruitment of a new Head Coach. We are acutely aware of the need to select someone whose values reflect those of our great Club and return to playing football with the style for which we are known – free-flowing, attacking and entertaining – whilst continuing to embrace our desire to see young players flourish from our Academy alongside experienced talent.

This is not Nuno :parker:

But I said that before Paratici arrived :levylol:

I remember when we had a United fan on this forum warning of the shit fest Jose would bring to the club and he got driven off the forum. We now have a Wolves fan on here, think we should probably listen. At least we will know what’s coming.
If Jose had led United way above where they have been for years, decades, rather they were under performing compared to their norm.

I just can't figure why anyone would think Santo was bad for Wolves. They were competing with teams who had better players and stronger squads at the top end of the PL

If Jose had led United way above where they have been for years, decades, rather they were under performing as per their norm.

I just can't figure why anyone would think Santo was bad for Wolves. They were competing with teams who had much better players and stronger squads at the top end of the PL
No one is saying he did a bad job at Wolves. We are saying he plays boring football, is fairly limited, we know his level and is a Mendes pawn. Its just another bad fit and after 18 months of Mourinho football and a 9 week managerial search its an underwhelming, dull appointment that totally contradicts Levy's DNA statement.

Time and time again, you prove to be clueless when it come to talk of what it is to operate an academy/youth system at a club.

You must have this shit explained to you on a weekly basis but you continue to dismissively put your fingers in your ears and stomp your feet; making assanine comments about us only producing 3 world class players.
What worldclass players have come through our academy in the last 20 years? Other than Kane and possibly King..i cant think of a 3rd, cuntbell was before last 20 years.

And would you have been wrong had you done so?
I would have been correct with my statements, but then we were a better team under Poch for 3or 4 years than we had been for a very long time.

So without context I would be wrong to say Poch was shit because of XYZ, in reality we were all pretty happy with him most of the time.

We were operating in an elevated position. Some say we 'over performed'.

No one is saying he did a bad job at Wolves. We are saying he plays boring football, is fairly limited, we know his level and is a Mendes pawn. Its just another bad fit and after 18 months of Mourinho football and a 9 week managerial search its an underwhelming, dull appointment that totally contradicts Levy's DNA statement.
I agree with all of this, though I also think it’s important for Paratici to have his man if he’s going to be exercising a lot of control over our transfer business and the more I think about it the more convinced I am by Paratici’s reported conviction that playing a back 3 is right for our squad.

And there is some degree of comfort in a PL experienced manager who has pretty regularly been a thorn in the side of the biggest teams.

If it doesn’t work out, just sack him. It’s not like he’ll be signing some bumper six-year deal.

If Jose had led United way above where they have been for years, decades, rather they were under performing compared to their norm.

I just can't figure why anyone would think Santo was bad for Wolves. They were competing with teams who had better players and stronger squads at the top end of the PL

I'm saying he's reached his limit. He couldn't take us any further. He has shown no sign of being able to adapt or rebuild the squad, he plays defensive football and struggles to break down teams that sit behind the ball.

This fact has been repeated time and time again.
Valencia.
Porto.
Wolves.

He's not suddenly going to come to spurs and start playing attacking football. He could've done that at Porto where he had a massive squad advantage.

Yes we were competing with the stronger teams but that's because we would take 6 points off them by counter attacking, we were not competitive against Newcastle, Burnley, West Brom, Sheffield United, Bournemouth etc who spurs are expected to turn over.

In terms of him turning out fortunes around, we had a verbal agreement with Lopetegui (Sevilla) when the Chinese took over. He reneged when the Spanish FA showed interest. The season before was a last minute mad dash because of this. Lopetegui would have succeeded, as would anybody given the level of investment Nuno had.

Me.

Because it's not about management structures. That's just McKinsey management consultant bollocks.

It's about getting the best possible people in charge of coaching, scouting, recruiting.

If we have the best people, the structure is irrelevant.

If we have people who dance to the tune of super agents (Paratici), or people who constantly screw up deals (Levy), running things, then we're fucked.

:levywhoa:

I disagree to an extent, some structure is better than no structure and a good structure better than a bad one, but hiring bad or incompatible people is never going to help things.

From the get go the Paratici hire looked like a strange/illogical fit. Especially when there was a Rangnick option.

I would have been correct with my statements, but then we were a better team under Poch for 3or 4 years than we had been for a very long time.

So without context I would be wrong to say Poch was shit because of XYZ, in reality we were all pretty happy with him most of the time.

We were operating in an elevated position. Some say we 'over performed'.
And I'd agree with that, but ultimately everything you said in the other post was also correct.

But poor performances against bottom dwellers who sat back was a recurring theme.
It was also a recurring theme for him at Porto.

Are teams more likely to sit back Vs spurs or go at them?

It wasn't the fact that counter attack is boring, when executed well it isn't boring. It's the fact that defense was always number 1 priority. Adama had such a poor season stats wise, because every time we broke through defense, nobody was in the box.

E1hJZw7X0AA_G3x.jpeg
Adama is so fast, the rest cant keep up. Even our defenders have been left behind.

A Wolves fan comes on here to tell us we're making a mistake.

A Spurs fan argues with him (or her) they are wrong about Nuno.

I wonder which one of the two is best placed to evaluate Nuno?? The one who has watched him and his team or the one who just seems to like going against popular opinion.....hmm decisions
Imagine sammyspurs on psg forums saying poch is shite. Or a mancity fan who would want harry kane and sammy telling them hes useless and never been world class.

I will be fucking amazed if Levy sanctions this move for Nuno. It’s jumping out of one tactically negative, reactive, Mendes client frying pan into another.

Regardless of how it eventually pans out (even if it happens and actually works), this is wrong thing, wrong reason, (as opposed to making wrong choice for the right reason - like Paratici IMO) and there’s no excusing it on any kind of logical basis.

Sure but let me just add, it's Paratici who will be getting the players so who Santo's agent is doesn't matter. Yes he's boring. I think they'll be seeing if he can change his ways. ''talks focused on his tactics''

I'm still hoping it's going to be Valverde. If it ends up with Santo I'm not going to spend my time being critical of him, unless he makes blunders or we're in the bottom half.

If it is Santo, let's see what happens in the transfer market, I don't see any use in hounding the guy with hash tag fuck off Nuno or whatever.

if anything Kudos for getting involved with Levy. not many others have dared, he's in an awful position now and probably doesn't know about it.

If it's Nuno I'm going to support him., just as I would Potter from his lowly position.

Back
Top Bottom