Poll: Who do you want most as our next manager?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Who would be your first choice?

• Graham Potter

• Scott Parker

• Ten Hag

• Rafa Benitez

• None of the above - comment below

• *Marcelo Bielsa

• *Ralf Rangnick

• *Ralph Hasenhüttl

• *Steven Gerrard

• *Julen Lopetegui

• *Christophe Galtier

• *Marcelo Gallardo

• *Oliver Glasner

• *Ryan Mason

• *Maurizio Sarri

• *Gian Piero Gasperini

• *Mauricio Pochettino

• *Antonio Conte

• *Eddie Howe

• *Gareth Southgate

• *Nuno Espirito Santo

• *Paulo Fonseca

• *Gennaro Gattuso

• *Ernesto Valverde

Results are only viewable after voting.
At this stage, it can only be redeemed by a European Championship manager being already appointed otherwise how can this situation be justified?

in 20 years how many pre seasons have not been cocked about by Levy ? When will he learn ?

Consider the squads of Belgium and England, then compare those squads to the football they play. Noone should need any other argument than that as to why Southgate and Martinez can fuck off from the famous list of potential managers. Would be seriously depressing stuff getting one of those in.

Couldn't agree more Belgium with DeBryune and hazard in their side had one shot on goal and zero corners.

And don't get me started on that useless cunt Southgate.

So where’s this manager then or are we just going to fold the club at this point?

imagine being a spurs player playing at the Euros and your domestic club doesn’t even have a fucking manager

At this stage, it can only be redeemed by a European Championship manager being already appointed otherwise how can this situation be justified?

in 20 years how many pre seasons have not been cocked about by Levy ? When will he learn ?
I don't see many Managers at the tournament that would redeem this.

It may provide an excuse, but few of them are good enough to justify it (Martinez, Southgate etc) and those that are there is no chance of happening (Mancini, and even he would've been a meh choice at the beginning of this farce imo).

Our manager is coming from the Euros. Just waiting to hear who. Only real objection I have is to Southgate. The rest I have reached a point, I just want to get over it. We clearly won't be making huge transfers in or out, so any manager coming in will have to get the buy in of 'The Boys Club' first.

It may provide an excuse, but few of them are good enough to justify it (Martinez, Southgate etc) and those that are there is no chance of happening (Mancini, and even he would've been a meh choice at the beginning of this farce imo).
Completely agree. The potential from the stock at the Euros is chilling. Martinez I don’t see how it’s him when he just extended his contract to 2022. Southgate is simply not what we need. Mankini is a shrug. Desperate days.

That's Levy's genius in play, getting us to accept mediocrity because the alternatives were worse.

Like a leper offering you a fuck, then realising that they are the last person available so you say "why not".

I think the most alarming thing to me is that the candidates we are talking to all have very different styles of play. We've talked with Ten Haag and Conte, both who play very different styles of football. Then we had Fonseca and Gattuso, again, very different styles. Now we are on to Nuno who is different than the likes of Ten Haag and Fonseca.

To me it shows that we don't have an identity as a club, which you need when you're in the middle of the summer transfer window.

I understand going for Conte even though he went against what we heard they were looking for because he is the level of manager that you change your approach to get, but outside of that it makes no sense to flip and flop so much between the types of managers we have been linked to.

Not that we had much hope for transfers but this to me signals that once again we are likely to make deals based on the individual deal rather than with an overall view of building a team that works together or makes sense for what the manager spent.

We can argue about the quality of Tanguy, GLC and Sess but what is not debatable was how bad a fit they were for Jose who we brought in 2 months later. I don't see the point of targeting players now if we are willing to go from ETH to Conte to Fonseca to Gattuso to Nuno. We are not targeting the level of player that works in any system. Bringing in Aarons for a 3 at the back WB system is dumb, likewise bringing in Lamptey to play in a back 4 make no sense.

I know people want us to wait for a manager before making transfers but if we have an idea of the style we want to play at least we can start targeting players to fit that style. What we are doing now will get us mediocre players in bad fits which we have already seen does not work.

Even if we get Mancini, who is the only quality manager from the Euros, I don't think it redeems anything because it will clearly have been a reactionary move done to try and salvage something but still a move made too late and with no thinking to how it fits with the overall plan of the club.

If it isn't Mancini then it is likely a shit hire as there is nobody else worth hiring from the Euros.

Even if we get Mancini, who is the only quality manager from the Euros, I don't think it redeems anything because it will clearly have been a reactionary move done to try and salvage something but still a move made too late and with no thinking to how it fits with the overall plan of the club.

If it isn't Mancini then it is likely a shit hire as there is nobody else worth hiring from the Euros.
Agree. Could it be that one of the Euro managers is taking over another club and we are getting their manager ? Extreme example; Deschamps to PSG. Poch to Everton. Duncan Ferguson to us ? :tobyarm:

Listen, Levy/ENIC are a cancer to our club and need to leave, but can we get a little perspective about what it going on please...

The media get wind of contact and then run away with the story. If nothing happens for a few days (IE, they haven't heard anything) they move on to the line "The deal is imminent"
After a few more days they click the next copy/paste story "Move collapses"

We don't know if anyone has turned us down. We don't know if we had anyone chomping at the bit but knocked them back.
For all we know, we've asked 6 or 7 people if they want to talk. Maybe some said no. Maybe some said yes. Maybe that's all that has happened.

Maybe the above isn't acceptable either but I'd say it's more likely than the ott nonsense we're seeing.

Shamima Begum Rejects Spurs Manager Role

By Huw Jerkokinmaibum
Times Online
July 2026

Tottenham Hotspur’s search for a new manager following the sacking of Jose Mourinho more than 5 years’ ago has finally ended after literally the last person on Planet Earth asked to apply for the role, terrorist-loving Shamima Begum, confirmed to reporters: “nah mate you’re alright I’d rather stay in me camp innit”.

Although the role would have finally enabled the Bomber Bride to return to the UK it is believed that the prospect of working with Daniel Levy and captain Mousa Sissoko on Spurs’ League Two promotion charge was not enough to entice the Murderous Maid back from her living hell in a refugee camp in Syria.

“I may be surrounded by death, misery and the bleakness of my future, but the thought of having to have awkward breakfasts every morning with that bald twat eulogising over the supposed brilliance of Harry Winks is just too much to even consider.”

Daniel Levy insists that Tottenham will not be rushed into an appointment stating that the search so far “has only looked at candidates on Planet Earth” whilst also claiming that Spurs are “a club with galactic ambitions”.

Tottenham start their campaign away to Sutton United on Friday night, available on PPV for £49.99 on WanksportsHD.

Listen, Levy/ENIC are a cancer to our club and need to leave, but can we get a little perspective about what it going on please...

The media get wind of contact and then run away with the story. If nothing happens for a few days (IE, they haven't heard anything) they move on to the line "The deal is imminent"
After a few more days they click the next copy/paste story "Move collapses"

We don't know if anyone has turned us down. We don't know if we had anyone chomping at the bit but knocked them back.
For all we know, we've asked 6 or 7 people if they want to talk. Maybe some said no. Maybe some said yes. Maybe that's all that has happened.

Maybe the above isn't acceptable either but I'd say it's more likely than the ott nonsense we're seeing.

The reliable guys are not making stuff up, it makes no sense for them to do so they gain nothing and risk everything.

I don't get why there are so many people so desperate to make it as though reliable sources are lying and that Levy is handling this well, when every piece of evidence we have goes against that.

Back
Top Bottom