Poll: Who do you want most as our next manager?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Who would be your first choice?

• Graham Potter

• Scott Parker

• Ten Hag

• Rafa Benitez

• None of the above - comment below

• *Marcelo Bielsa

• *Ralf Rangnick

• *Ralph Hasenhüttl

• *Steven Gerrard

• *Julen Lopetegui

• *Christophe Galtier

• *Marcelo Gallardo

• *Oliver Glasner

• *Ryan Mason

• *Maurizio Sarri

• *Gian Piero Gasperini

• *Mauricio Pochettino

• *Antonio Conte

• *Eddie Howe

• *Gareth Southgate

• *Nuno Espirito Santo

• *Paulo Fonseca

• *Gennaro Gattuso

• *Ernesto Valverde

Results are only viewable after voting.
I hope win the Euros, and I get proved wrong, but I agree, he is hopeless. I am writing this a few hours before the Germany game, but up to now I can't remember England winning a single competitive game against a top international side, under his management. All we do is beet teams we should beet. He is incapable of changing things, and simply has like for like player swaps, which rarely make a difference. I really don't want him at Spurs, and to be honest, I don't really want him as England boss either. Go on Southgate, prove me wrong, PLEASE
You should get a beeting for that mess of a post

Starting to wonder if Eddie Howe is the least worst remaining option too tbh.

Bleak.

Eddie Howe has a bit of a Moyes feel. A manager who did well for quite a while then it went bad (for different reasons) but would jump at the chance to do well again. Not a great option but it could work with his style of football, there would be a chance, I just don’t see Southgate, Nuno or Martinez making a success.

I wasn’t a big fan of Mancini during his City reign considering the players he had but he has done well for Italy. If it’s a Euro’s manager maybe he could do.

R8fcaadf0454c5b42cef8cde8a0a4729b

Right. But if Nuno did have a good shot at becoming manager, and they put him at 12/1, they would be the ones losing money.
They’ll get so much from all of the other 10/1 or whatever candidates that don’t get the job that any Nuno losses would be a drop in the ocean compared to all the other wins. How many candidates have there been that won’t get the job and were dead certs ffs? They’re probably still taking bets on most of them too.

I have full confidence that they know exactly what they are doing, don’t have any inside knowledge and have no better idea than any of us who will get the job. It’s a clusterfuck and they know it.

Right. But if Nuno did have a good shot at becoming manager, and they put him at 12/1, they would be the ones losing money.

If money goes on Nuno at 12/1 they bring the odds down on essentially a "just in case" basis.

It doesnt indicate Nuno has more or less chance of getting the job, its simply a reaction to money being placed. Self preservation, not inside knowledge.

That's how gambling works, yes.
I'm aware...

Instead of being unnecessarily patronising why don't you try and understand the point I'm trying to make.
The bookies are in it to make money.
If the odds have changed from 11/10 to 12/1, that is a good indication that Nuno is no longer the favourite, unless they've suddenly decided to act against their financial interests (unlikely).

Sean Dyche is extremely underrated and needs to take that’s step up in club level. Wish spurs would take a punt on him because I genuinely believe under the right circumstances, with a bigger transfer budget and better squad SD can do good things

If money goes on Nuno at 12/1 they bring the odds down on essentially a "just in case" basis.

It doesnt indicate Nuno has more or less chance of getting the job, its simply a reaction to money being placed. Self preservation, not inside knowledge.
I don't know if they have inside info, or if they can deduce what's going on by analysing any unusual betting patterns.
But if Nuno is the favourite for the job, and they put him at 12/1, that is NOT self preservation. If they kept giving 12/1 odds on events that are likely to happen, they would become financially bankrupt very quickly.
So I think it is a fair conclusion that Nuno is no longer favourite for the job, unlike BBC reported last week.

Betting odds for managers are sometimes useful and sometimes not.
It's certainly not useful when trying to ascertain who IS favourite for the position. For example, SkyBet could put Martinez at 1/5 now, and even if they are wrong about him being appointed, they would barely lose any money.

Sean Dyche is extremely underrated and needs to take that’s step up in club level. Wish spurs would take a punt on him because I genuinely believe under the right circumstances, with a bigger transfer budget and better squad SD can do good things

Turned into a bit of a Moyes for me.

Really liked him earlier in his career (and like him a lot just in general), but over the years I think he has stopped growing and just settled into his thing now.

I dont think he'll go to another club and suddenly play expansive, open football. How Burnley play is how he wants them too...

Samuel L Jackson Reaction GIF by Coming to America

Attacking football? Develops young players? Comfortable with a multi-cultural squad? Experience coaching in European tournaments?

Back
Top Bottom