Poll: Who do you want most as our next manager?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Who would be your first choice?

• Graham Potter

• Scott Parker

• Ten Hag

• Rafa Benitez

• None of the above - comment below

• *Marcelo Bielsa

• *Ralf Rangnick

• *Ralph Hasenhüttl

• *Steven Gerrard

• *Julen Lopetegui

• *Christophe Galtier

• *Marcelo Gallardo

• *Oliver Glasner

• *Ryan Mason

• *Maurizio Sarri

• *Gian Piero Gasperini

• *Mauricio Pochettino

• *Antonio Conte

• *Eddie Howe

• *Gareth Southgate

• *Nuno Espirito Santo

• *Paulo Fonseca

• *Gennaro Gattuso

• *Ernesto Valverde

Results are only viewable after voting.
All this talk of managers only coming if they've got an open cheque book. I know our last manager was on his uppers, but it's what everyone said about him too. Would only accept the job if he had promises of big spending power from Levy. Looked how that turned out. PEH in a swap plus cash, Joe Rodon, Doherty. Hardly megabucks superstars was it?

All this talk of managers only coming if they've got an open cheque book. I know our last manager was on his uppers, but it's what everyone said about him too. Would only accept the job if he had promises of big spending power from Levy. Looked how that turned out. PEH in a swap plus cash, Joe Rodon, Doherty. Hardly megabucks superstars was it?

Well to be fair we spent £25m on Bergwijn in January and then the pandemic happened. We’ll never really know what we could have done for Mourinho with a non-pandemic budget.

Conte's record is great, but his man management of Costa was suicidal. It's literally the equivalent of Poch telling Kane to fuck off by text. Your key striker, almost irreplaceable.

I'd love him at WHL but his shopping list would rule out Levy taking him. Potter is the cheapo option, he'd probably commit to starting with a clean sheet for all, what's gone on before is irrelevant, you're all good players etc. There's good players in Aurier, Winks and Sanchez and I can get them good again. ("Sissoko, though, Mr. Levy, I'm not so sure there")

Yeah, I'm putting that on Costa though! vile individual.

One of the silver linings with conte is that he would only come if he was properly backed with like a 100M at least net spend. He won’t tell levy the squad is great like Mourinho the charlatan did

Jose is finished and now is like the Trump of the football world, spouting bollocks because his ego can’t deal with the fact he is done. Conte is more like Putin, he will get results but fuck it’s going to be brutal and god forbid Levy gets in his way.

Yep I thought like that but in hindsight Jose seemed nowhere near as demanding as we thought he would be. I don't think he cared that much about regaining his reputation as much as making a shed-load of money, I think Conte would genuinely be incredibly demanding about making big signings as he is a coach in his prime, it has been typical of his other reigns.

Yeah, but if his strength is man management in the modern era he should be able to handle odd balls like Costa, no?

Even Simeone couldn’t handle him when he rolled up after leaving Chelsea. Maybe if he’d scored a few goals he’d have been worth putting up with but a player who doesn’t produce on the pitch and has a shite attitude to go with it, is of no use to anyone.

Yeah, but if his strength is man management in the modern era he should be able to handle odd balls like Costa, no?
Good man management doesn't always mean handling odd balls or making everyone like you. It's knowing when to work on building a relationship or cutting someone loose. Difference with Mourinho, as far as I could see, was that he just cut everyone loose who he didn't fancy as a player. You need to pick your battles.

I have reservations of Conte’s appointment but he is a far superior manager to Jose.
I actually have Conte down as my choice but, like you, with reservations.

It feels like an appointment that will inevitably sour within 2 years or so, simply because of the personalities involved.

I actually think we’re better when we give an ‘up and comer’ a chance and build a team. I think we worry too much about acting like a ‘big club’, rather than a smart one.

Still, he’s a good manager. And his players love him.

I actually have Conte down as my choice but, like you, with reservations.

It feels like an appointment that will inevitably sour within 2 years or so, simply because of the personalities involved.

I actually think we’re better when we give an ‘up and comer’ a chance and build a team. I think we worry too much about acting like a ‘big club’, rather than a smart one.

Still, he’s a good manager. And his players love him.

A lot of fans seem to be obsessed with a big name even if that big name takes us down. Whether we like it or not we have Joe Lewis money limits and we have to employ based on that. Ten Hag is still my choice as I believe he is the least risk.

If this goes wrong it will go wrong in a big way.

Back
Top Bottom