Poll: Who do you want most as our next manager?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Who would be your first choice?

• Graham Potter

• Scott Parker

• Ten Hag

• Rafa Benitez

• None of the above - comment below

• *Marcelo Bielsa

• *Ralf Rangnick

• *Ralph Hasenhüttl

• *Steven Gerrard

• *Julen Lopetegui

• *Christophe Galtier

• *Marcelo Gallardo

• *Oliver Glasner

• *Ryan Mason

• *Maurizio Sarri

• *Gian Piero Gasperini

• *Mauricio Pochettino

• *Antonio Conte

• *Eddie Howe

• *Gareth Southgate

• *Nuno Espirito Santo

• *Paulo Fonseca

• *Gennaro Gattuso

• *Ernesto Valverde

Results are only viewable after voting.
If Sancho had signed a contract he would have probably gone on loan
conjecture with no supporting evidence...especially since we are comparing him to an equally talented player that didn't, in fact, go on loan. Pretty big assertion in this context.
, like many other ManC youth players have. Again, the point.
But those players weren't good enough and eventually sold.
I think he lost sight of this core value. I think he became so obsessed with us not being Liverpool or Chelsea, he forgot what a core necessity of his ethos was, and IMO ignored the possibility of maintaining some energy, dynamism and aggression when it was dropping off.
How do you know it's his 'core value'? And the players, by reports, were rebelling against the work and showing clear signs or mailing it in during leagues games and busting their asses during CL.
He may or may not have chosen all the lazy, lethargic and/or stupid wankers we bought, but he kept fucking picking them, instead of going back to his roots and doing what brought him success, putting less experienced, in some cases less talented even, but hungrier, more dynamic and aggressive players in there.
Good point but unlike the time he did it in 2015ish there just weren't enough players to do that with. And he still had top 4 to get. Had DL bitten the bullet and said "Poch, we are going nowhere this season and evidence shows you were right about the painful rebuild (and I don't want to be in this same fucking place 2 seasons from now!!!!) so forget about top 4 this season and focus on building for the future and we will revamp next summer. You've earned it and I now see the error of my parsimonious and ****y ways" then perhaps he would have done this. Decisions in the fog of war are rarely optimal. But you seem hellbent on faulting him for it. I bet you can see how much easier it would have been for him to make that decision had he had support at the time in the manner I jsut laid out.

Capture.png

:baletroll:

Looks like Robs biting

‘’Haha. When TFC have a thread dedicated to bashing A&C that's a bit rich. Likewise when they screenshot everything Herc says to have a go at him, again, a bit rich calling us "obsessed".

As for Windy, aside from knowing he was the guy who watched the kids and then had to come up with something else (i.e. pretending he had some stupid opinions) to maintain his fame over lockdown, I don't really know enough about him to be obsessed.’’

They really hate Windy for whatever reason.

Last edited:
I've never advocated anything different. Are you now agreeing with me?

I have never ever advocated keeping shit academy players any more than keeping shit bought players. But there are some that you need to see play a bunch proper games to figure out exactly how viable or cashable they are, and if you aren't going to let them play games for you, it's in everyone's interest to get them games elsewhere before keeping or cashing in.
Fast and loose. Your point about "proper games" has been shown to be very fucking elastic with you. And you being a youth watcher it has often been beyond that necessary. But that's just MHO.

The overwhelming vast majority of academy products I've not wanted to see anywhere near our first team. Many that I have seen I've wanted gone.
But the ones you do think have it you propound for in your inimitable BC fashion. Can you tell us the names of those you have wanted to see in the first team? Just a few quick names so we can do a where are they now.

One of those is not like the others.
Hold it! So Five isn't a ****? That's news to me, most on this board, and his wife (merciful soul that she is).

Anyone else think this is just Sky getting more and more to bet on random names? They don’t know; we don’t know; Levy probably doesn’t know. If everyone bets lemming-like on the next name then Sky win.

However, I didn’t know I wanted it to be Poch again until today’s ‘news’. I have, also, conveniently forgotten everything between January 2019 and Mason’s Mates’ win over Leicester on Sunday.

SC ‘ITK’ becoming a bit laughable now. This guy has ‘his man’ who has the inside track on Levy, Poch AND Conte. He also posted that ‘his man’ told him Kane will be sold for £90m. The shit people believe on there. But this latest ITK guy really is laughable and ruins any credibility the others might have had.

Allegri to Juve.

Pirlo is getting sacked.

Can we add Pirlo to the list? I am hearing from others that there are rumors we might consider evaluating potentially bringing Pirlo to Spurs

Let's be clear, whoever we appoint it will be a gamble. The first stinker we have, people will be jumping in with "Potter/Ten Haag/Pochettino/Rodgers/Conte/Rangnick/Nuno/Galtier/Lopetegui/A.N. Other wouldn't have picked that team, Potter/Ten Haag/Pochettino/Rodgers/Conte/Rangnick/Nuno/Galtier/Lopetegui/A.N. Other would have won that. Potter/Ten Haag/Pochettino/Rodgers/Conte/Rangnick/Nuno/Galtier/Lopetegui/A.N. Other OUT."

Back
Top Bottom