Poll: Who do you want most as our next manager?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Who would be your first choice?

• Graham Potter

• Scott Parker

• Ten Hag

• Rafa Benitez

• None of the above - comment below

• *Marcelo Bielsa

• *Ralf Rangnick

• *Ralph Hasenhüttl

• *Steven Gerrard

• *Julen Lopetegui

• *Christophe Galtier

• *Marcelo Gallardo

• *Oliver Glasner

• *Ryan Mason

• *Maurizio Sarri

• *Gian Piero Gasperini

• *Mauricio Pochettino

• *Antonio Conte

• *Eddie Howe

• *Gareth Southgate

• *Nuno Espirito Santo

• *Paulo Fonseca

• *Gennaro Gattuso

• *Ernesto Valverde

Results are only viewable after voting.

Season 4 Reaction GIF by The Office

Then get rid. Don't keep them. But don't keep them and do nothing with them, that helps no-one, you, them or the club.
Are you now advocating that which we have had many debates over? What about "they need time to develop" and all that? To which I countered that we can't wait forever and all that? Weird.

The last part is sound though. We are now in accord on something else. To my count that makes it about 5 things: Kids should be on a development timeline, Genesio is a god, **C are shit, GKs should do whatever Guido 🇺🇦 Guido 🇺🇦 says on pens, and Five is a ****. Good doing business with you BC.

Leprosy still a problem over in the 'old world' then? Get up with Zest Zest for some oxygenated berry juice or something to keep your dangling bits, dangling.

Nope, that point (by definition, 0 dimensional) seems to occupy a broad and moving area. The only difference is that one moved, both played but foden more carefully integrated. Don't really see much of a difference

That is the point. They both got to play football. If Sancho had signed a contract he would have probably gone on loan, like many other ManC youth players have. Again, the point.

and no one knows if Sancho would or would not have played for City that season. And there wasn't a loan involved. Think it's fair to say his prominence would not have been the same. But the suggestion has always been that the lack of loans is what is holding them back from discovering their world classiness. And it was used by certain folks to forward their agendas. Presumably, most play in the 23s when they aren't getting games int he first team.

But good on your for writing just enough to be able to say you addressed the Foden question. For the record I would have expected more.

Not what you were saying when you had your pitchfork and torch.

We know their cloggers when we recruit them from shittownFC. But again, not what you were suggesting previously when you were part of the mob. I say sell all the players all the time but sell the shit academy ones faster and actually buy some decent youts.

It is very much what I was saying, you just didn't listen or chose to straw man my argument with the mobs.

And here is an even bigger gripe specific to the context of Pochettino and young footballers for me. It wasn't just about the quality of youth player X Y Z. What I (many of us) liked about Pochettino was he had an ethos, and that ethos didn't just revolve - like say a Mourinho or a Harry Redknapp - around having billy big bollocks footballers, it revolved around energy, aggression and a collective methodology.

I think he lost sight of this core value. I think he became so obsessed with us not being Liverpool or Chelsea, he forgot what a core necessity of his ethos was, and IMO ignored the possibility of maintaining some energy, dynamism and aggression when it was dropping off.

Nagelsmann didn't humiliate Mourinho because he had a team of "better" quality or higher value footballers. This what I loved about Pochettino, I didn't care about us winning the FA Cup, I loved watching a team that was young, hungry, energetic and aggressive.

He may or may not have chosen all the lazy, lethargic and/or stupid wankers we bought, but he kept fucking picking them, instead of going back to his roots and doing what brought him success, putting less experienced, in some cases less talented even, but hungrier, more dynamic and aggressive players in there.

Are you now advocating that which we have had many debates over? What about "they need time to develop" and all that? To which I countered that we can't wait forever and all that? Weird.

I've never advocated anything different. Are you now agreeing with me?

I have never ever advocated keeping shit academy players any more than keeping shit bought players. But there are some that you need to see play a bunch proper games to figure out exactly how viable or cashable they are, and if you aren't going to let them play games for you, it's in everyone's interest to get them games elsewhere before keeping or cashing in.

The overwhelming vast majority of academy products I've not wanted to see anywhere near our first team. Many that I have seen I've wanted gone.

The last part is sound though. We are now in accord on something else. To my count that makes it about 5 things: Kids should be on a development timeline, Genesio is a god, **C are shit, GKs should do whatever Guido 🇺🇦 Guido 🇺🇦 says on pens, and Five is a ****. Good doing business with you BC.

One of those is not like the others.

Back
Top Bottom