Poll: Who do you want most as our next manager?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Who would be your first choice?

• Graham Potter

• Scott Parker

• Ten Hag

• Rafa Benitez

• None of the above - comment below

• *Marcelo Bielsa

• *Ralf Rangnick

• *Ralph Hasenhüttl

• *Steven Gerrard

• *Julen Lopetegui

• *Christophe Galtier

• *Marcelo Gallardo

• *Oliver Glasner

• *Ryan Mason

• *Maurizio Sarri

• *Gian Piero Gasperini

• *Mauricio Pochettino

• *Antonio Conte

• *Eddie Howe

• *Gareth Southgate

• *Nuno Espirito Santo

• *Paulo Fonseca

• *Gennaro Gattuso

• *Ernesto Valverde

Results are only viewable after voting.
Capture.png

:baletroll:
Spursdon1 insta-ban.

Running out of low hanging fruit? It's pretty much all there is, and what isn't hanging has dropped off.
Leprosy still a problem over in the 'old world' then? Get up with Zest Zest for some oxygenated berry juice or something to keep your dangling bits, dangling.

Foden's and Sancho's lovely. Two completely different scenarios though, yes? One left to play football, the other stayed and played football. That's the overriding point.
Nope, that point (by definition, 0 dimensional) seems to occupy a broad and moving area. The only difference is that one moved, both played but foden more carefully integrated. Don't really see much of a difference and no one knows if Sancho would or would not have played for City that season. And there wasn't a loan involved. Think it's fair to say his prominence would not have been the same. But the suggestion has always been that the lack of loans is what is holding them back from discovering their world classiness. And it was used by certain folks to forward their agendas. Presumably, most play in the 23s when they aren't getting games int he first team.

But good on your for writing just enough to be able to say you addressed the Foden question. For the record I would have expected more.

I don't care if it's stay and play, play reserve/U23, go out on loan, sell and buy back option.
Not what you were saying when you had your pitchfork and torch.

And if you already know they're cloggers, then why the fuck are you keeping them at all. Get rid, preferably for a few quid, or more quid of they have some miles on the clock, don't just keep them around playing no football, helps no-one, them, you (the manager) or the club.
We know their cloggers when we recruit them from shittownFC. But again, not what you were suggesting previously when you were part of the mob. I say sell all the players all the time but sell the shit academy ones faster and actually buy some decent youts.

I agree but looking at some of the other people we are interested in I'd take the risk and have Poch back ahead of them. Poch is third on my list behind Ten Hag and Potter
AGREED. Parker, Rodgers etc. If we have to go home grown. then potter has to be the obvious choice but clearly, (imo) conte and eth stand out as our 2 best and most realistic options.

See Skipp too.

Sat around with his thumb up his arse for a year under Poch, thankfully went on loan, now looks like a very useful player.
Question though, did the loan make him or the year with the thumb up his arse? Seems if memory serves he didn't take too long to settle at Norwich. And no one knows exactly how much he would have played had Poch not been fired. It's possible that there was ever intention to play him but the season started on fire and decisions had to be made... You're falling into post hoc ergo propter hoc (after this therefore because of this) thinking. It's not necessarily true. Who is to say that had Poch stayed and Skipp sat another year with the odd game he wouldn't be in Phil foden's situation now taking a peak at the Euros?

He did a rather ruthless cull when he joined, then fell into the trap of not maintaining that ruthless streak and working only with his favourites.

I think he excluded a lot of good/promising players without ever really giving them a chance, and ultimately left behind a squad very much like the one he inherited.
I just don't see him getting rid of Sissoko, Winks dier etc.

Back
Top Bottom