Poll: Who do you want most as our next manager?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Who would be your first choice?

• Graham Potter

• Scott Parker

• Ten Hag

• Rafa Benitez

• None of the above - comment below

• *Marcelo Bielsa

• *Ralf Rangnick

• *Ralph Hasenhüttl

• *Steven Gerrard

• *Julen Lopetegui

• *Christophe Galtier

• *Marcelo Gallardo

• *Oliver Glasner

• *Ryan Mason

• *Maurizio Sarri

• *Gian Piero Gasperini

• *Mauricio Pochettino

• *Antonio Conte

• *Eddie Howe

• *Gareth Southgate

• *Nuno Espirito Santo

• *Paulo Fonseca

• *Gennaro Gattuso

• *Ernesto Valverde

Results are only viewable after voting.
So over a month since Nuno left Wolves, and after Everton have said Nah. We are going to appoint him…

so what was the point of the month’s wait and why do these fucking idiots not realise the damage they are doing to the brand value in behaving like this ?
Utterly depressing football club. Don’t know who is worse PRATici or Levy.
Yep. We were so keen we were happy letting him go to Palace less than 2 weeks ago.

Maybe the haters need to start a Twitter campaign.....NotoNuno
They already have and it is trending at number 3 in the UK.

Absolutely embarrassing from the fanbase. Acting like spoiled children. Gattuso's comments were one thing but with Nuno it is literally just that he doesn't play the football that fans want.

The fanbase is doing just as much to embarrass themselves as the club right now.

It’s a preposterous idea , if he were to succeed, which I very much doubt , he’d be gone in a flash to the dippers
Lol the ITK saying we are after Gerrard

I would be done with football for a while if we wanted to become Liverpool's feeder club
I doubt I’d be done with footie , I’d watch our games but it would probably make me be a bit more distant than I’ve already become .

Absolutely embarrassing from the fanbase. Acting like spoiled children. Gattuso's comments were one thing but with Nuno it is literally just that he doesn't play the football that fans want.

The fanbase is doing just as much to embarrass themselves as the club right now.
The club have driven the fans to this, that's the problem.

Oh fuck off.

The Chairman of the club came out and said we got away from the DNA of our club and they were going to appoint a progressive, attack minded manager.

After like 12 weeks of being dicked around and linked with every available manager in Europe, we're now linked with a guy whose brand of football is the exact opposite brand of football that the Chairman said we'd be watching next season.

You want fans to be happy with the club being embarrassed for over a month by the media only to wind up with a guy who is the exact opposite of what THEY said we'd be getting?

I don't have a Twitter or anything either, but blaming fans for being upset the club is being run like a clownshow is rich.

Yeah, I really don't understand how and why that fell apart for good.

I think he's a pretty pedestrian manager all things considered, but he synthesized Paratici and Levy/Hitchen's desires for this appointment quite well.
Fonseca is the type that either you close your eyes and go through it. Once you open your eye, there is no going back. He's worse coach in comparison to Gattuso. You turned down Gattuso because he is a horrible character, but doesn't mean you would now come back to Fonseca because he's a nice guy with mythical attacking football.

Oh fuck off.

The Chairman of the club came out and said we got away from the DNA of our club and they were going to appoint a progressive, attack minded manager.

After like 12 weeks of being dicked around and linked with every available manager in Europe, we're now linked with a guy whose brand of football is the exact opposite brand of football that the Chairman said we'd be watching next season.

You want fans to be happy with the club being embarrassed for over a month by the media only to wind up with a guy who is the exact opposite of what THEY said we'd be getting?

I don't have a Twitter or anything either, but blaming fans for being upset the club is being run like a clownshow is rich.
There's a difference between starting a campaign against a manager because of things he's aid about social issues and starting one over the style of football played.

We haven't exactly been able to attract a manager that plays free flowing attacking football. Pre season starts in a few weeks. I am not Nuno's biggest fan but if he is willing to take the job then we should not be driving him away in the position that we are in right now. We've moved past the point of holding off on signing someone because of wanting a more attractive option.

It is on the club that we are in the position that we are in. But Nuno does not deserve this type of slander from the fanbase for being willing to manage us.

Take it out on ENIC. Not on Nuno.

I mean, he's not the worst possible candidate since the likes of Southgate and Klinsmann are still out there, but he's a pretty bad candidate for sure.

His football is defense first and counter attacking (Wolves never finished in the top half of team possession under him) and he's even more tied in with Mendes than Jose was.

I'd frankly rather have someone like Fonseca.
He's better than Mourinho just because he's not a toxic asshole. And he's better than objectively shit club managers. But that's about it

He'd secure Top 6, probably, but that should be a given with the size and scope of Spurs budget and turnover. Maybe focus all his efforts on the cups. Who knows.

Pass.

Back
Top Bottom