Poll: Who do you want most as our next manager?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Who would be your first choice?

• Graham Potter

• Scott Parker

• Ten Hag

• Rafa Benitez

• None of the above - comment below

• *Marcelo Bielsa

• *Ralf Rangnick

• *Ralph Hasenhüttl

• *Steven Gerrard

• *Julen Lopetegui

• *Christophe Galtier

• *Marcelo Gallardo

• *Oliver Glasner

• *Ryan Mason

• *Maurizio Sarri

• *Gian Piero Gasperini

• *Mauricio Pochettino

• *Antonio Conte

• *Eddie Howe

• *Gareth Southgate

• *Nuno Espirito Santo

• *Paulo Fonseca

• *Gennaro Gattuso

• *Ernesto Valverde

Results are only viewable after voting.
There's a difference between starting a campaign against a manager because of things he's aid about social issues and starting one over the style of football played.

We haven't exactly been able to attract a manager that plays free flowing attacking football. Pre season starts in a few weeks. I am not Nuno's biggest fan but if he is willing to take the job then we should not be driving him away in the position that we are in right now. We've moved past the point of holding off on signing someone because of wanting a more attractive option.

It is on the club that we are in the position that we are in. But Nuno does not deserve this type of slander from the fanbase for being willing to manage us.

Take it out on ENIC. Not on Nuno.
Nuno isn't even appointed and I doubt his feelings are hurt over some Twitter hashtag. The message IS clearly to ENIC. We're all supporters and people will give him a chance if/when he is appointed.

We don't have to like it though and voicing our opposition now is a message to ENIC, not Nuno.

Saying the fanbase is embarrassing itself is silly.

He's better than Mourinho just because he's not a toxic asshole. And he's better than objectively shit club managers. But that's about it

He'd secure Top 6, probably, but that should be a given with the size and scope of Spurs budget and turnover. Maybe focus all his efforts on the cups. Who knows.

Pass.
Look, say what you want about Jose and his personality, but in no universe is NUno a better manager than Jose.

Nuno wouldn’t have been in my top 3 but come on give him a chance ffs, Notonuno trending (whatever that is) is pathetic and isn’t going to help the team or us as fans, I get the anger towards levy and enic,but for Santo? Give your heads a fucking wobble.

I don't think the record bares that out at all.

Fonseca was really, really impressive at Pacos Ferreira, Braga, and Donetsk.
All that trophies with Shakhtar Donetsk counts for nothing. That club is as successful without Fonseca. But being shown out of depth at clubs and league where there is some expectation. Gattuso shows competent with Milan and Napoli gig (not successful).

Nuno failed to succeed with Porto but he's not total disaster like Fonseca. Nuno had Valencia qualified for CL once. Again shows his competence. He's PL proven. Not some genius, and sure success, but doesn't have that feeling that I had seen this before with Fonseca.

There are a host of manager who impressed at low level like Pacos Ferreira, Braga, doesn't mean they can make the step up. Fonseca seems to be one of them.

I honestly don't think Mourinho is better than Nuno in 2021.
Neither are what we should aspire. Nuno gets okaysh results but the football is dreadful. Wolves were shit against the bottom sides because they simple can’t assume the ball and play on the front foot. Tottenham should at least outplay 14 teams and go at them home or away

Look, say what you want about Jose and his personality, but in no universe is NUno a better manager than Jose.
In that case so is Conté, Pep, Neigelsmann, and few other top class managers. In the world where managers actually run the team, players listen to them and don't go on a go-slow whenever their feelings have been hurt. It's amazing how Drogba, Terry, Kane, Son, Hojberg, Kanye, Hazard, Ronaldo, Benzima, Ibrahimovic and a host of football greats consider Jose to be one of the best managers they players under. Yet most of our fans go on the likes of Dele Ali, Toby Alderweir, Gareth Bale (who seems to throw his toys out if he doesn't get his way with a manager), Harry Winks and a few others, get their feeling hurt.

I agree with you. Nunes and Jose can't be mentioned together, let alone be compared.

It‘s on the Guardian front page now so looks like Nuno is the one. At this point just get it over with and let’s start our work. We have urgent contract/transfer business to sort out that will have much more of an impact on next season than the choice between Nuno or Potter.

No no, no! Are the great Tottenham Hotspurs now to be reduced to a stepping stone team for ambitious young managers to learn what mistakes not to make?
It's an awful idea
But he could be our own stepping stone to a better, not Liverpool fan in a few years.
Mutual parasitic relationship of sorts.

Nuno wouldn’t have been in my top 3 but come on give him a chance ffs, Notonuno trending (whatever that is) is pathetic and isn’t going to help the team or us as fans, I get the anger towards levy and enic,but for Santo? Give your heads a fucking wobble.
He’s fucking shit, just lol if you lot got emotional over what some Twitter virgins got to say.

They are equally shit.
And Nuno not being an ass breaks the deadlock for me, so an upgrade!

As Nicholson (or Blanchflower) said:

"And we of Spurs have set our sights very meh, so meh in fact that even the new manager will have in him an echo of Mourinho.”

Inspiring, really.

I’ve only be gone a couple of days and I come back to talk of it being Nuno or Gerard?! What an absolute clusterfuck, Levy has completely lost it and he has no idea what he’s doing.

Back
Top Bottom