Poll: Who do you want most as our next manager?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Who would be your first choice?

• Graham Potter

• Scott Parker

• Ten Hag

• Rafa Benitez

• None of the above - comment below

• *Marcelo Bielsa

• *Ralf Rangnick

• *Ralph Hasenhüttl

• *Steven Gerrard

• *Julen Lopetegui

• *Christophe Galtier

• *Marcelo Gallardo

• *Oliver Glasner

• *Ryan Mason

• *Maurizio Sarri

• *Gian Piero Gasperini

• *Mauricio Pochettino

• *Antonio Conte

• *Eddie Howe

• *Gareth Southgate

• *Nuno Espirito Santo

• *Paulo Fonseca

• *Gennaro Gattuso

• *Ernesto Valverde

Results are only viewable after voting.
He is not my first choice and I think there is a massive risk with him for sure. I just think that at this point I would rather go with a risk in him that has a high upside over many of the other guys that have zero upside.

I would have him behind Ten Hag and Rangnick as DOF with who ever he wants as DOF, but outside of that I don't see a better fit.

Potter is much more appealing than guys like Martinez, Southgate, Benitez, Sarri, Inzaghi, Nuno, Bielsa, Glasner, Lopetegui that have been mentioned, sorry if I am missing someone.

If I were United looking to move on from Ole or Chelsea moving on from Tuchel I probably don't go down the Potter path, but with us (and honestly Woolwich as well) having dropped off so much I think the risk is certainly worth it.

It has a lot to do with me thinking his style should certainly work for us and the other options not being very good as well.

Edit:

I missed a few others that have been mentioned that I think Potter would be better than- Parker, Hassenhuttl, Farke, Gerrard.
Did you watch Leeds on Saturday? Bielsa would be perfect for us imo.

Potter’s Brighton have beaten us twice in recent seasons and outplayed us easily both times. The matches they didn’t win they still made it very difficult for us.

For me Ten Hag is incredibly dubious just based on the semi in the CL. His team kept on attacking in the dying minutes despite being ahead, they refused to take the ball into the corner and lost. Really childish way to lose a semi.
Blimey! Keep yer stripes on......

Dragon:

regarding poch we have interest but its complex

firstly he is at Paris , secondly Daniel let him down multiple times on transfers so the concern is whether posh can trust Daniel

The board know they have a serious issue with season ticket renewals , the amount of people who have notified the club that they are not renewing is staggering

Bale does not want to come back currently and we all know the issues with H

The person we have spoken to most interested in coming is Rangnick , we have been rejected by multiple domestic coaches

the other problem is the mood of the club and Levys public image they are looking at big names now to try and turn things around , potter and the Ajax coach are both great coaches who we like but are they going to change the mood around the place in the next two weeks and keep Kane?

we are monitoring conte situation at Inter .

the other issue is we are skint , the moura leak to Alistair Gold this morning will be the first of many regarding current players , the plan is for a big clear out and then gets the new coach what he wants
Guy called Harry "H" so we know he's legit.

This is just Mason's burner.

Dragon:

firstly he is at Paris , secondly Daniel let him down multiple times on transfers so the concern is whether posh can trust Daniel

The board know they have a serious issue with season ticket renewals , the amount of people who have notified the club that they are not renewing is staggering

The person we have spoken to most interested in coming is Rangnick , we have been rejected by multiple domestic coaches

the other problem is the mood of the club and Levys public image they are looking at big names now to try and turn things around , potter and the Ajax coach are both great coaches who we like but are they going to change the mood around the place in the next two weeks and keep Kane?

the other issue is we are skint , the moura leak to Alistair Gold this morning will be the first of many regarding current players , the plan is for a big clear out and then gets the new coach what he wants
Yeah, right!

What an absolute load of shit. Worse attention seeking than Hercules. No way would any actual itk (if they exist) leak all that in one go for a start 😂
Remember Lion from 2-3 years ago?

It. Was. Devastating.

He broke my heart, and I promised myself never to trust an ITK again.

giphy.gif

Did you watch Leeds on Saturday? Bielsa would be perfect for us imo.

I did not but Bielsa would be a disaster for us.

He can’t work for owners under the best of times, him and Levy would be a disaster.

His style is fun to watch but terrible for top teams. He drops way too many points with his style. It’s much better suited for an underdog team like Leeds than a team wanting to mount a top 4 challenge.

Our team would need an even bigger overhaul than we already need under Bielsa.

He can’t work for owners under the best of times, him and Levy would be a disaster.

His style is fun to watch but terrible for top teams. He drops way too many points with his style. It’s much better suited for an underdog team like Leeds than a team wanting to mount a top 4 challenge.

Relax,

So with a vastly inferior squad of players that's just been promoted they finished 3 points behind us.. yet he would be a 'disaster'?

He's up there in the top 3 managers in the league for me the job he's done at Leeds. I for one would LOVE to see a spurs team play with the kind of intensity and aggression that Bielsa's Leeds team have.

As for 'fun to watch', perish the thought! It's never going to happen anyway so it's a moot point but there isn't a chance that a Bielsa spurs team wouldn't have turned in a better season than the one we just had.

Dragon:

Jesus, I could have written something much better.

I'm guessing/hoping it's Potter.

Young - ✅
Modern attacking football - ✅
Premier League experience - ✅
Can work on a tight budget - ✅

The first 3 have all been mentioned as 'desirables' in our managerial search. The last is an unspoken reality.

Basically I think Levy wants a Poch mk 2. If the club get good feedback that Potter could be that kind of manager. And if he has impressed in interviews, convinced in his vision for how he'll improve us, he seems the best fit for where we are now.

I am not as concerned about the player because a lot of them should be moved on anyways. I think most, if not all, of the trouble makers would be gone. I do not love the idea of the fan base and their reaction as there are so many Poch haters, watching them trying to spin every little thing into his fault would be disgusting to see.

:mourglasses:

I'm guessing/hoping it's Potter.

Young - ✅
Modern attacking football - ✅
Premier League experience - ✅
Can work on a tight budget - ✅

The first 3 have all been mentioned as 'desirables' in our managerial search. The last is an unspoken reality.

Basically I think Levy wants a Poch mk 2. If the club get good feedback that Potter could be that kind of manager. And if he has impressed in interviews, convinced in his vision for how he'll improve us, he seems the best fit for where we are now.
Huge club ✅
Massive fan base✅
Multi Billionaire owner✅
One of the richest clubs in Europe✅
Graham Fuckin Potter :wall:

It's like accepting we're shit and lowering our standards accordingly. We'd be nothing more than a development academy for more ambitious clubs .

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom