Poll: Who do you want most as our next manager?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Who would be your first choice?

• Graham Potter

• Scott Parker

• Ten Hag

• Rafa Benitez

• None of the above - comment below

• *Marcelo Bielsa

• *Ralf Rangnick

• *Ralph Hasenhüttl

• *Steven Gerrard

• *Julen Lopetegui

• *Christophe Galtier

• *Marcelo Gallardo

• *Oliver Glasner

• *Ryan Mason

• *Maurizio Sarri

• *Gian Piero Gasperini

• *Mauricio Pochettino

• *Antonio Conte

• *Eddie Howe

• *Gareth Southgate

• *Nuno Espirito Santo

• *Paulo Fonseca

• *Gennaro Gattuso

• *Ernesto Valverde

Results are only viewable after voting.
I'd accept Fonseca, Favre but wouldn't hold much hope, just the football would be entertaining. (dear lord how far we've fallen).
Potter, Rodgers I'd support them.
Valverde, Poch, Conte would be the impossible dream.
How low must Fonseca's self esteem be to even pick up the phone to us? Even if he did he'd surely get an earful from the missus.

FWIW I think we need someone who is experienced, ruthless and cold and will make the right decisions and not care about trying to keep the various cliques in the team happy. We need someone to offload the players that disrupting the team and try build what we can with what's left. That's the painful rebuild Poch eluded to. I'm also guessing he was talking about the family jewels - Kane.

We've had this problem since Poch. We had him, Mourinho, Mason, Nuno, and none have managed to sort it. The only gettable who fits that model is perhaps Bielsa.

Failing that, give us someone we can enjoy watching while we lose.

Last edited:
The reason he took the job at Barca was because he was more than decent at Athletic no? Also, if Messi is publicly with you, alongside Pique and Busquets, that means that you're a good manager...
442, defense minded. We may as well keep Nuno. I'm not saying he is a bad manager, but the reason why we are on the verge of sacking Nuno is because the football is dire and he is uninspiring. The fans and players had enough of Joseball, enough of Nuno, the last thing we need is another defense minded manager in Valverde.

If we hire a manager who cannot coach modern attacking patterns, we will be in the same situation in a few months. If the board, Levy, Paratici don’t realise this they are fools.

I want someone who jumps up when we score, I want someone who shouts when we concede, I want someone who cheers the players on and off the pitch, I want someone who gives a shit about our club.
DB4-A4-B56-1-A36-4579-B787-79-D790306253.gif

I want Poch but that's probably emotion over reason. I would though seriously look at Brendon Rogers. I get the sense that he has taken Leicester City as far as he can and maybe this is a good opertunity to offer him a new project with a bigger canvas. There's not many other places he can go. Man u is out. Woolwich seem to be wedded to an improving arteta. Liverpool seem to be wrapped up under Kloop. Man city may become available but would they go for him?.

Offer him the rigt package and I think he may jump.

How about Levy go on his hands and knees to Paris and beg Poch to come back. Or were Champions League finals and top four finishes not as exciting as losing to fucking West Ham and Crystal Palace?

Lots of noise around Conte now - but 18 month deal? What is happening in 18 months? Why are they only looking for a short term tenure? Or is Levy try to save money every time he sacks a manager?

How about Levy go on his hands and knees to Paris and beg Poch to come back. Or were Champions League finals and top four finishes not as exciting as losing to fucking West Ham and Crystal Palace?
Poch cannot come back unless he can have a full rebuild or most of the squad has gone. He needs close to a fresh slate. 60% of these pricks downed tools for him.

The next manager needs to be a cunt. Fire a rocket up the players' arses. The tactics will sort themselves out. We've got enough quality at least in the first XI.

Back
Top Bottom