Pre-Season 2021

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Hi...just wondering if anyone has an inkling of the side that might turn out against MK (appreciate a crystal ball may be required). I understand the likes of Kane, Hojbjerg, Lloris, Lo Celso, Rodon, Alderweireld etc won't be involved - do you think Alli, Ndombele, Winks, Dier, Moura, Lamela will play? Taking my boy to the game, so hoping it won't be unknowns...?!

It's a first team friendly so I would expect everyone available to be in the squad - so yes it'll probably exclude those from the Euros and Copa but those you mention secondly should be there and I'd expect them to play a half at minimum.

It's a first team friendly so I would expect everyone available to be in the squad - so yes it'll probably exclude those from the Euros and Copa but those you mention secondly should be there and I'd expect them to play a half at minimum.
Thanks, mate - that's pretty much what I thought. Probably the players that are back in training now then, I guess. My boy is a Spurs fan, but I support Chesterfield so our pre-season line ups tend to feature several players referred to as 'Trialist' and the occasional first teamer who has enjoyed the 'all inclusive' a little too much over the Summer!

Thanks, mate - that's pretty much what I thought. Probably the players that are back in training now then, I guess. My boy is a Spurs fan, but I support Chesterfield so our pre-season line ups tend to feature several players referred to as 'Trialist' and the occasional first teamer who has enjoyed the 'all inclusive' a little too much over the Summer!
Went to a Stevenage friendly last week that had a bit of that Trialist A, Trialist B, Trialist C - I get that they don't have professional contracts but not sure why they can't use their actual names tbh!!

Troy Parrott and Maksim Paskotsi seen for the first time today training with first team

Other youngsters seen include Alfie Whiteman, Nile John, Dane Scarlett, Harvey White, Kion Etete, Japhet Tanganga, Jack Clarke, Cameron Carter-Vickers , TJ Eyoma, and Oliver Skipp.

Be interesting to see whether all of these make the squad for the first pre-season match v Orient when traditionally most players only get about 45 mins playing time - still a few youngsters who haven't been reported as training with first team who might have expected to be included including Alfie Devine, Marcel Lavenier and Dennis Cirkin ..... and there's probably another half dozen who could make a case to be included.

First half: (4-2-3-1) Hart; Doherty, Carter-Vickers, Dier, Reguilon; Ndombele, White; Lamela, Alli, Clarke; Lucas.

Second half: (4-2-3-1) Whiteman; Eyoma, Tanganga, Dier, Sessegnon; Winks, Skipp; Bergwijn, Alli, Son; Scarlett.

First half: (4-2-3-1) Hart; Doherty, Carter-Vickers, Dier, Reguilon; Ndombele, White; Lamela, Alli, Clarke; Lucas.

Second half: (4-2-3-1) Whiteman; Eyoma, Tanganga, Dier, Sessegnon; Winks, Skipp; Bergwijn, Alli, Son; Scarlett.

Lots of first team players still on 3 week break after Euros and Copa Americam but a wide range of youngsters able to step up - and as Orient are a League 2 side these days even many of the youngsters have played at a higher level so the game should be within their capability.

I've not seen Son back yet in training pictures, if he's back beforee weekend I'd probably rest him - either Parrott or Etete could step up .

Not sure why Dier would play a full 90 minutes - as CCV has played over 100 games in Championship I'd have him play with Tanganga and a less experienced player such as Okedina (who played half a season on loan at League 2 Cambridge last season and did well - Cambridge were promoted.

I'd guess there will be a few other youngsters on the bench who might play or not depending upon the players in the teams above feel on the day - a bit of experience for them even if they don't play.

Went to a Stevenage friendly last week that had a bit of that Trialist A, Trialist B, Trialist C - I get that they don't have professional contracts but not sure why they can't use their actual names tbh!!
Bit like in criminal cases, names can't be disclosed.
It's a Stevenage thing.
You didn't see me, right.
:levyeyes::mourglasses:

Lots of first team players still on 3 week break after Euros and Copa Americam but a wide range of youngsters able to step up - and as Orient are a League 2 side these days even many of the youngsters have played at a higher level so the game should be within their capability.

I've not seen Son back yet in training pictures, if he's back beforee weekend I'd probably rest him - either Parrott or Etete could step up .

Not sure why Dier would play a full 90 minutes - as CCV has played over 100 games in Championship I'd have him play with Tanganga and a less experienced player such as Okedina (who played half a season on loan at League 2 Cambridge last season and did well - Cambridge were promoted.

I'd guess there will be a few other youngsters on the bench who might play or not depending upon the players in the teams above feel on the day - a bit of experience for them even if they don't play.
I read Son and Aurier return to training this week.

Back
Top Bottom