Pre-Season 24/25 including Asia Tour

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Really?
About the same population as Romania and I should think most of the one’s interested in football follow teams in the Balkans.

Australia are a far wealthier nation than Romania.

Was dating an Aussie and couldn't believe she was earning around 3x what the same job would have paid in the UK.
Also blue collar workers are incredibly well paid there whilst also being massive sports fans.

Should be doing India and trying every fucking thing possible to get an Indian footballer. It’s a shame Markanday never made it, be great if we were able to get a British Asian player.

Or a Chinese dude. There must be a Chinese Manor Solomon, who can come here and do nothing while we use his image to flog shirts.

Such a sad state of affairs that clubs have to do this nonsense.
Increased injuries and fatigue for a few quid. Pathetic.

At least all the big clubs are at it, so we'll all have the same problems.

I see the PFA have kicked off about the Spurs and Newcastle squads flying to OZ for a game three days after the season ends, especially after all the fuss about too many games, fatigue, injuries, etc. And just before the Euros too.

I can see their point.

I see the PFA have kicked off about the Spurs and Newcastle squads flying to OZ for a game three days after the season ends, especially after all the fuss about too many games, fatigue, injuries, etc. And just before the Euros too.

I can see their point.
Whats the reason, might interupt their post season piss ups?
Golden opportunity to build on the fan base down here and facilities are second to none!

Whats the reason, might interupt their post season piss ups?
Golden opportunity to build on the fan base down here and facilities are second to none!
Lack of time off after the season ends and before the Euros I think.

Oh and apparently “there’s also a major conflict of interests with the Premier League’s new Environmental Sustainability Commitment, which was only announced last month and introduced a minimum standard of action on environmental issues across the clubs and the league”.

We’ll probably get a points deduction if it goes ahead.

Last edited:

Oh and apparently “there’s also a major conflict of interests with the Premier League’s new Environmental Sustainability Commitment, which was only announced last month and introduced a minimum standard of action on environmental issues across the clubs and the league”.

Season end mid May, call up for 2 weeks training for Euros start of June, Euros begin mid June.

So a month between end of season and start of Euros. So definitely not a 'lack of time after season ends and before euros'

But after Euros there is a mandatory player holiday break of 3 weeks meaning players report back to clubs about 2 weeks before PL season starts, so minimal pre-season meaning unfit players start season which destroys enjoyment of PL and more likely to result in injured players. The reason for minimal preseason is euros have grown to 24 teams ...... despite qualifying rounds held in international breaks during PL.

Time for uefa/fifa to either make qualification in international breaks reduce the teams to say 16 thereby taking a week or so off length of tournament ...... or do away with a couple of international breaks allowing PL to start a week later or end a week earlier.

Environmental standard being agreed before end of 2024/25 season........

Good idea in principal.

Will uefa/fifa introduce similar to cut down international travel by reducing no of teams travelling to international football tournaments - remind me why the Nations League was started ?

Will we see PL teams go to some matches by train - 19 opportunities to do that each season ? Plus of course domestic cup matches

Season end mid May, call up for 2 weeks training for Euros start of June, Euros begin mid June.

So a month between end of season and start of Euros. So definitely not a 'lack of time after season ends and before euros'

But after Euros there is a mandatory player holiday break of 3 weeks meaning players report back to clubs about 2 weeks before PL season starts, so minimal pre-season meaning unfit players start season which destroys enjoyment of PL and more likely to result in injured players. The reason for minimal preseason is euros have grown to 24 teams ...... despite qualifying rounds held in international breaks during PL.

Time for uefa/fifa to either make qualification in international breaks reduce the teams to say 16 thereby taking a week or so off length of tournament ...... or do away with a couple of international breaks allowing PL to start a week later or end a week earlier.

I wonder if Kane will feature or will have refused to turn up to preseason on time...

Ha. I stayed until the end but kind of pride myself on that. It still wasn’t as bad as the loss to Milan at home under Conte. At least we got thrashed because we went for it!
I left at HT. Or tried to. There were massive queues because they wouldn’t open the exits. Had to walk half way around the ground to the one they eventually opened.

Back
Top Bottom