Premier League star arrested on suspicion of rape

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Oh shut the fuck up, she won’t hump you.
That is a disgusting comment, particularly in light of what's being discussed.

So what you're saying is that caring about what happens to someone, means that what I really want is sex? You don't have to know someone to care by the way, and caring certainly doesn't mean one wants something out of it.

Bin vote cast for your disgusting comment.

In short justice gets delivered two ways.

1 by a strong and well founded legal system and effective policing

2 by vigilantes and in the modern sense social media and going to the court of public opinion

Number 1 is much better but we have two footballers for whom the courts will be tested due to clear evidence of wrongdoing on their part. If the courts can’t convict the message will be loud and clear, they don’t work, use social media, thus this method will become the standard to use.

Don't patronise me. You might not give a fuck about this girl or Partey's actions, but I do.

Don't bother replying - I'm taking a break.

Hmm I'm not looking to do oneupmanship by the way

Just chill out, not point getting on your high horse just because you don't agree with something - understand this is a highly emotive subject but we're here to discuss the ins and out...we're all learning here.

Hmm I'm not looking to do oneupmanship by the way

Just chill out, not point getting on your high horse just because you don't agree with something - understand this is a highly emotive subject but we're here to discuss the ins and out...we're all learning here.

Hey, yeah, I admit I am highly strung/wound up about this. I mean...it's just awful reading.

This happened in Spain. Is this being persued in Spain?

The woman in question said that a rule change might allow similar cases to be charged in the U.K. Is this true ?

Edit: Victim of rape and sexual assault abroad

It seems powers to prosecute sexual assault committed by U.K. nationals and residents abroad already existed since 2003 if the victim is under 18. There’s no evidence of a rule change to allow a victim to be protected if she’s over 18 but it’s possible ?

Last edited:
I hear that but what happens next time there's a similar case and the victim releases evidence to the public, are you gonna expect the team in question to sack every player in question.

Pointless having a CJS then in that case.

And then if they are innocent then where does that leave the team who sacks the player, that's grounds to sue them for breaching the contract.
What would you do if you were Woolwich? You've seen the messages, which includes an admission of guilt from Partey. You've established that the messages are genuine (whether it's by having it confirmed by Partey or through forensic analysis). You're aware the victim signed an NDA; and also that the likely reason criminal charges weren't brought in the UK is because the rules at the time didn't allow it (though they do now). You're also aware of rape accusations from at least one other woman.

Given the above—which is likely very close to where Woolwich are in terms of their understanding of the situation—what would you do?

Last edited:
Nice virtue signalling.

It's funny because you're exactly the sort of person who is deficient enough in basic levels of empathy that he thinks anyone outraged by something like that would have to be virtue signalling. Just like you think cretinousgoat cretinousgoat is somehow just trying to get laid because this case has hit him emotionally.

Grow the fuck up. You sound like one of those people replying to her twitter, except they have the excuse of mostly being teenagers.

So caring = virtue signalling?

Cool. Nice one - in just two posts you've told the entire forum exactly the kind of person you are, and that's not a compliment.
Stop with this bullshit, you care about who? Someone who you never met before and who’ll probably not give two cents about you?

And if it proves that the accusations were false, are you going to care about her anymore?

Stop with this bullshit, you care about who? Someone who you never met before and who’ll probably not give two cents about you?

And if it proves that the accusations were false, are you going to care about her anymore?

1. You don't need to know someone to care about what happens to them, and I don't need her or them to 'give two cents about me'. It's not me going through this, is it. When I posted about what happened to my dad, I got plenty of empathy and supportive messages/dms on here from people I've never met 'irl' before. Believe me it helped.

2. IF the accusations are proven false, then OF COURSE my feelings about her and this case would change, but right now the victim is still posting plenty of damning looking evidence on her twitter account so...

3. You're, quite frankly, a vile individual, and I've got no interest in engaging with you further. You honestly disgust me, and it looks as though I'm not the only one who thinks that.

It's called empathy. Caring about other people, regardless of whether you know them, is not a weakness. Nor is it 'virtue signalling'. It's a basic tenet of humanity.

Ok so of the 3 rape allegations it appears two are against this woman, one happened in the U.K. so apparently the Met are still pushing for that one according to this lady.

That means there is still one count of rape with another woman.

What would you do if you were Woolwich? You've seen the messages, which includes an admission of guilt from Partey. You've established that the messages are genuine (whether through an admission by Partey or forensic analysis). You're aware the victim signed an NDA and also that the likely reason criminal charges weren't brought in the UK is because the rules at the time didn't allow it (though they do now). You're also aware of rape accusations from at least one other woman.

Given the above—which is likely very close to where Woolwich are in terms of their understanding of the situation—what would you do?
Terminate his contract

Sorry but there's enough evidence to show that Partey is a disgusting cunt.

Getting off on a 'technicality' does not make him innocent.

Fuck him - I hope he loses everything he has in life. EVERYTHING.

Fucking nasty waste of life.
Well yeah, but there's a whole squad of 25 men who play for Woolwich that you could say that about...

To be clear, I fully support her in getting justice. Partey should be suspended immediately until this case has run its course. The prima facie evidence is overwhelming.

I am wondering what the legal change is that helps her. Official government guidance doesn’t suggest there is a change that could help her but there may be a lawyer with more information ?

UK police do not have jurisdiction to investigate an attack that has taken place abroad and cannot direct an alleged crime be investigated. You can report the crime to your local UK police who should send the information you provide to the country where the crime happened. However, it is for foreign police forces to decide whether to investigate a crime in their jurisdiction.
Thats not a technicality. It’s something that should be handled in Spain.

Back
Top Bottom