Premier League star arrested on suspicion of rape

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Not even a hint of self awareness here

https://Woolwich-mania.com/forum/th...-man-utd-pre-season-champions.25743/page-1118

Don’t the litigants in a UK civil case still have the right to be heard by a jury?
I doubt he would find a sympathetic judge either, tbh.
Doubt the courts will deal with it.....United have the choice of either paying him off or letting him back into the fold. For all the above mentioned reasons I can't see the latter happening else both the club and miscreant will be crucified and rightly so.

It then comes down to a case of severance between employer and employee with a NDA being the likely path to follow.

Sacking him is of course an option but this only satisfies the moral aspect, legally (although guilty as sin) the charges were dropped so firing him will entitle the little shit to compensation after a period of conciliation followed by a judgement determined by an Employment Tribunal, not a court of law.

My guess is that there’s a ‘morals clause’ in Greenwood’s contract that would allow United to fire him. They don’t need a criminal conviction although it would have helped.

He could sue but I doubt that he would find a sympathetic jury. They probably won’t have the bottle to do it and I expect they’ll pay him off if they don’t want to play him, which I wouldn’t rule out.
There would not be a jury. I am not sure it would be in his best interests to sue in any case as it would likely involve the disclosure of further damning material.

My guess is Saudi..... I'm pretty sure they don't give a shit out there...

They probably think she was lucky to be impaled by the dominant male!!!!
A few teams in Turkey are chomping at the bit to take him as well. He will find employment elsewhere, there is no doubt.

Doubt the courts will deal with it.....United have the choice of either paying him off or letting him back into the fold. For all the above mentioned reasons I can't see the latter happening else both the club and miscreant will be crucified and rightly so.

It then comes down to a case of severance between employer and employee with a NDA being the likely path to follow.

Sacking him is of course an option but this only satisfies the moral aspect, legally (although guilty as sin) the charges were dropped so firing him will entitle the little shit to compensation after a period of conciliation followed by a judgement determined by an Employment Tribunal, not a court of law.
Surely there is some sort of morality clause in EPL contracts that would allow them to sack him without payoff?

I'm guessing they are doing due diligence to see if they can get a fee for him before taking that route.

This piece sounds like they’ve decided he’s coming back. ‘Now is a bad time to release a statement of this nature’. The picture of him looking like a sweet young man is fucking vile of the bbc. I’ve lost a lot of respect for them over the past few years. Turning into a trash outlet. No fibre, just suiting the money.

This piece sounds like they’ve decided he’s coming back. ‘Now is a bad time to release a statement of this nature’. The picture of him looking like a sweet young man is fucking vile of the bbc. I’ve lost a lot of respect for them over the past few years. Turning into a trash outlet. No fibre, just suiting the money.
This is the telling phrase imo ;

"the strong opinions it has provoked based on the partial evidence in the public domain."

My italics.

That recording is the ONLY evidence that needs listening to.

Surely there is some sort of morality clause in EPL contracts that would allow them to sack him without payoff?

I'm guessing they are doing due diligence to see if they can get a fee for him before taking that route.
Maybe there is, whatever reason the club use to sack (if they do) him whether it be for breach of contract, gross misconduct, or bringing the club into disrepute he will have recourse to challenge it through an employment tribunal which is free of cost and also to pursue the matter through the civil courts at a later date dependant on success of said claim although the latter path comes with the risk of costs.

Doesn't seem fair that the little scrote may benefit financially from his actions but I can understand the difficulty his employers are experiencing behind the scenes and why they are taking so long to deliberate.

It's so god damn scummy that United are claiming to "sound out their women's team" for if it is okay to bring Greenwood back.

All that means is that they can use the women's team as an excuse if they are made to kick him to the curb. Making them a clear target for all the edgy teenagers and other scumbags existing in the social media sphere.

I wondered about this with both Zouma and more pertinently Partey: To which extent are broadcasters able to cut out the audio of certain chants/songs? If 40-60k, each week whereever he plays, sing about Greenwood being the despicable human that he is, can they monitor without it sounding off?

This is the telling phrase imo ;

"the strong opinions it has provoked based on the partial evidence in the public domain."

My italics.

That recording is the ONLY evidence that needs listening to.
Agreed 100%.

That said, I was reading a United forum yesterday, and many (certainly not all) are already coming out saying things like maybe the evidence is they liked to do roleplay and we don't know so we can't judge, etc.

It's gross. He's coming back and there's a big segment of their fanbase that is going to hide behind this "other evidence" that I'm sure will never be released to "protect the victim"

Another reason I hate Premier League football. The fans give rapists a pass because they are good at kicking a ball.

If I supported a team outside of the Premier League I would never watch a single minute of it.

A massive proportion of the global fanbase they are desperate to attract for TV subscriptions are neanderthal in their attiude towards women and homosexuals. See Twitter for details.

Back
Top Bottom