Premier League star arrested on suspicion of rape

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Come on, all these guys wouldn't come out if and back him in public if he was an actual rapist unless you think that all these footballers are rape sympathisers.

Think about it.

Guy gets cleared from all charges. No evidence he has done anything wrong. In the process, he has had his career ruined. And people treating him like he's some sort of Jimmy Saville.

If you believe in innocent until proven guilty and at the same time you're gonna call Mendy a rapist for the rest of his life, you're probably the c*nt

From The Guardian which is probably one of the more balanced media outlets.

Jurors in the rape trial of Manchester City footballer Benjamin Mendy have been told to question the credibility of their accusers.
Lisa Wilding KC, in her closing defence speech on behalf of Mendy’s friend and co-accused, Louis Saha Matturie, highlighted the evidence of one complainant, a 19-year-old woman, who told jurors from the witness box that both men had raped her.
But during the 16-week trial, mobile phone video emerged of her having “enthusiastic” sex with Matturie on an occasion she claimed she was being raped.
Jurors at Chester crown court were directed to find both men not guilty of those charges against her.
Wilding said: “She sat in this courtroom and looked you in the eye and gave what would have, perhaps, been a compelling and convincing account of being raped multiple times by these two men. Like so many of the witnesses in this case, she is caught up in a tangled web of connections and contacts and knowledge.
“Why is that important? Because of collusion. You have to consider in respect of each of the women who came to this courtroom to give evidence, is their evidence reliable? Is their evidence solid?
“This case rests on the credibility of witnesses. People lie.”
Two other complainants, who also knew each other, then made “remarkably similar” allegations that Matturie had raped them both while sleeping, Wilding said.
Wilding cited the account of another woman, aged 23, who claimed Matturie raped her at 5.30am in Mendy’s Mercedes car while on a trip to a local garage to buy more alcohol for a party at the footballer’s house.
She stayed at Mendy’s house afterwards and had sex with three other men, and as she stepped out of the gates at Mendy’s mansion at 10.03am, sent a text to a friend saying “Hahaha I have slept with Jack Grealish,” the jury heard.
Such behaviour was “inconsistent” with an allegation of rape, Wilding said.
Her case was “inextricably linked” to that of a 17-year-old who alleges she was raped twice by both Mendy and Matturie the same night, it is alleged.
Wilding said the allegation against Matturie, that he raped her in a cinema room at Mendy’s house while others were present, then went to his flat in Manchester where he raped her a second time, made “absolutely no sense”.
Voice messages sent to her friends later that same day, where she called the party, the “best night of my life” were, “not a reflection of someone who has been raped,” Wilding added.
Prosecutors claim Mendy lured young women into “toxic and dangerous” situations where they were raped and sexually assaulted at a flat he rented in Manchester city centre, and his home, the Spinney, in Mottram St Andrew, in the Cheshire countryside, used for “after-parties” including regular lockdown-busting gatherings.
Matturie is alleged to have been the “fixer” to get girls back to the parties after nights spent drinking in VIP lounges at Manchester nightclubs. Both defendants say any sex with women was consensual.
It’s not difficult to see why jurors threw the cases out when you actually know some of the details of the case rather than absent-minded generalisations.

Last edited:
Maybe I'm old fashioned but if I'm a rich high profile footballer I would think having numerous sex parties and shagging anything with a pulse might be unwise and risky.

Also did all this happen during the pandemic when people were supposed to be isolating? Hard to feel sympathy since he took the piss so much.

Bet he wishes he had just stuck to the Playstation.....

You can see why Women don't come forward.. These cunts can do as they please as they know their millions will get them off.

What a world we live in..
I went to school with a guy who's Uncle raped a young girl. He walked and bragged about it.

A few weeks later he was found at a bus stop with his throat cut.

Whilst I don't condone vigilantism, justice was served up there far better than it is by our "justice" system.

I suspect that if the same were to happen to Mendy or Party, the perpetrator(s) would be hunted down with " the full force of the law."

You can bet your life that they'd never get away with that one count, let alone 10.

Maybe I'm old fashioned but if I'm a rich high profile footballer I would think having numerous sex parties and shagging anything with a pulse might be unwise and risky.

Also did all this happen during the pandemic when people were supposed to be isolating? Hard to feel sympathy since he took the piss so much.

Bet he wishes he had just stuck to the Playstation.....

Do you think he sought out these girls or were they attracted to a fit, millionaire?

No means no but a jury spent day after day listening to evidence so we have to trust them?

So it's started. I don't know what we do with this. But though I too have sympathy with the complainants (they are not victims) they had their accusation tested in a court of law an the Jury unanimously found Mendy innocent and cleared him of all charges. The word cleared is important, and splitting hairs about not reaching threshold for conviction is just another way of saying we don't agree. But we did not sit on the Jury and hear the evidence and reading it summarised in a paper is not the same thing. One accusation or eight do not in themselves make you guilty that's how it works. And I repeat the system needs reform.

So it's started. I don't know what we do with this. But though I too have sympathy with the complainants (they are not victims) they had their accusation tested in a court of law an the Jury unanimously found Mendy innocent and cleared him of all charges. The word cleared is important, and splitting hairs about not reaching threshold for conviction is just another way of saying we don't agree. But we did not sit on the Jury and hear the evidence and reading it summarised in a paper is not the same thing. One accusation or eight do not in themselves make you guilty that's how it works. And I repeat the system needs rereform
Especially when a couple of them were on the same WhatsApp group calling themselves "shlagggs" and one other had consensual sex with 3 different men in 1 night then boasted about shagging Jack grealish when she left the house.

If anything, how did this even get to court in the first place? seems like they literally had zero evidence.

I went to school with a guy who's Uncle raped a young girl. He walked and bragged about it.

A few weeks later he was found at a bus stop with his throat cut.

Whilst I don't condone vigilantism, justice was served up there far better than it is by our "justice" system.

I suspect that if the same were to happen to Mendy or Party, the perpetrator(s) would be hunted down with " the full force of the law."

You can bet your life that they'd never get away with that one count, let alone 10.
Had to give you a disagree there, mate. I don't think that murdering someone is, by any stretch of the imagination, 'justice'. It's actually a worse crime than the one he got away with. You say you don't condone it then, in the next sentence, you condone it!

Especially when a couple of them were on the same WhatsApp group calling themselves "shlagggs" and one other had consensual sex with 3 different men in 1 night then boasted about shagging Jack grealish when she left the house.

3 shags + 1 rape can still be a thing btw.

...And sluts can still be rape victims.

If anything, how did this even get to court in the first place? seems like they literally had zero evidence.

If there was genuinely "zero" evidence it wouldn't have got this far.

Last edited:

Sluts can still be rape victims.

There is a massive campaign to get more convictions for this terrible crime but if they need to get the numbers up there are going to be innocent people convicted.

There is a massive campaign to get more convictions for this terrible crime but if they need to get the numbers up there are going to be innocent people convicted.

You're taking a massive leap if you think I've suggested we should be seeking to convict by quota.

You're taking a massive leap if you think I've suggested we should be seeking to convict by quota.

I didn't say you did but there are calls to stop jury trials and just appointment a judge so that more are convicted.

ps This is one case I would do anything to get out of jury service. You would never forgive yourself if you got it wrong either way?

I didn't say you did but there are calls to stop jury trials and just appointment a judge so that more are convicted.

OK; but seeing as this isn't something that has been implemented and has had no part to play in the what I posted about the Mendy case; then why did you tag me?

ps This is one case I would do anything to get out of jury service. You would never forgive yourself if you got it wrong either way?

I wouldn't relish any trial that revolved around such suffering of another.

...And sluts can still be rape victims.

lady gets raped by one man after consensually having sex with 3 men. Lady leaves house after alleged rape. Does she

A) Message friend stating she got raped

B ) Message friend telling her she just fucked Jack Grealish

it's great that you're attempting to
play devils advocate here but he was found not guilty

I wonder what your reaction would have been had Paradodgy been found not guilty. Would you have adopted this "yeh but" approach. Helllllllllllllll No.

Last edited:
lady gets raped by one man after consensually having sex with 3 men. Lady leaves house after allegedly rape. Does she

A) Message friend stating she got raped

B ) Message friend telling her she just fucked Jack Grealish

it's great that you're attempting to
play devils advocate here but he was found not guilty

No so much playing "devils advocate" as inserting what I believe to be a valid caveat that transcends the Mendy case.

I wonder what your reaction would have been had Paradodgy been found not guilty. Would you have adopted this "yeh but" approach. Helllllllllllllll No.

Grow up...... This is all a bit more serious than football... I'd hope you would understand that.

No so much playing "devils advocate" as inserting what I believe to be a valid caveat that transcends the Mendy case.

Grow up...... This is all a bit more serious than football... I'd hope you would understand that.
mate I don't think you understand how much of a hypocrite you come off as sometimes tbh.

Back
Top Bottom