Premier League star arrested on suspicion of rape

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Mason Greenwood getting off was shocking. Fucking heard the rape, how the fuck can you rape someone, get it recorded and get off. Nuts.

Whatever happened in that incident I can't feel sorry for her if she is sticking around and openly bringing a baby into the world, it actually makes me question her motivations in all of this.

Must admit, I think it's disgusting that all of these footballers are declaring their support for Mendy.

And it's a shame a few Spurs players have done so too.

Why do you say that?

If he's found innocent in a court of law then why do we need to judge him and them?

Because not guilty doesn't mean innocence.

The bar for evidence in a rape trial is so incredibly high. Only 1.3% of cases make it to court.

Even with mountains of evidence there can still be doubt and that's enough to have someone escape conviction.

Absence of evidence does not mean evidence of absence.

Fuck Benjamin Mendy and fuck anyone who defends him. Hope his life is living hell from here on out.

The bar for evidence in a rape trial is so incredibly high. Only 1.3% of cases make it to court.

Even with mountains of evidence there can still be doubt and that's enough to have someone escape conviction.

Fuck Benjamin Mendy and fuck anyone who defends him. Hope his life is living hell from here on out.
Are you familiar with the case? I don’t know the truth, but wishing living hell to a man that’s been ruled as innocent is some wild shit.

Wonder if Depay reached out to any of thosd victims to hear their story on the matter. Guess not eh.
A trial went ahead. He was found innocent. If the case was automatically dismissed then I'd likely feel differently, but a trial took place and a verdict was given. That's it for me.

Also, they're not 'victims'. They're accusers.

So every person who is found innocent is guilty in your eyes because of the low rate of rape cases that actually make it to a conviction? That is fucking nuts

God forbid you or any man in your family get falsely accused, I'm not saying that this went on in this case but there can be victims on both sides, it's important to remember that.

I don't see anything wrong with what the footballers did in publicly supporting him either.

So every person who is found innocent is guilty in your eyes because of the low rate of rape cases that actually make it to a conviction? That is fucking nuts

God forbid you or any man in your family get falsely accused, I'm not saying that this went on in this case but there can be victims on both sides, it's important to remember that.

Depends if it involves seven different rape accusations and a two and a half year long investigation mate.

He's not been found innocent and the accusations not proven false. He simply failed to meet the extremely high threshold for criminal conviction.

I've made my feeling known on the matter and I'm not getting dragged into this any further. Just disappointed that there are people out there who support the likes of Mendy, Greenwood and even Partey.

Not guilty. Absence of evidence? The Guardian said 6 women made alegations against him. Hard to believe he got lucky and “escaped” prison with 6 different women.

Mate. There could have been a mountain of evidence and you could still have been found not guilty in a rape case if there was even a 1% chance of doubt...

Mendy being acquitted does not mean that the allegation is false. It can be based on lack of evidence. The number of cases from accused to conviction are incredibly low in part to "beyond reasonable doubt"

But that's all I'm saying now. If you want a debate on it, my DMs are open because this is all off topic now.

Depends if it involves seven different rape accusations and a two and a half year long investigation mate.

He's not been found innocent and the accusations not proven false. He simply failed to meet the extremely high threshold for criminal conviction.

I've made my feeling known on the matter and I'm not getting dragged into this any further. Just disappointed that there are people out there who support the likes of Mendy, Greenwood and even Partey.

I think if you're actually thinking rationally If he had 10 convictions and they were all thrown out doesn't that tell you that the accusations were based on weak evidence in the first place?

In fact we already had this, the cases were extremely sketchy in the first place it seems: Mendy rape accuser ‘was in WhatsApp group with another alleged assault victim’

And this: Benjamin Mendy: Jurors told to question credibility of accusers

The fact that so many of footballers are coming out to defend him tells you all you need to know, they knew these cases were most probably bullshit, no-one worth their salt would actually come out and defend him openly like that if he was an actual rapist.

Perspective

Back
Top Bottom