Premier League star arrested on suspicion of rape

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Lots of talk at Redcafe about this & lots think that Greenwood deserved another chance !!!
Crazy Shit !!
The vast majority made up their minds he should be gone ages ago and are no longer on the thread. You are left with those cranks who think he's innocent and those who can be bothered to argue with them.

The troubling thing for me is that Greenwood (or his missus) won't come out and say why the CPS were wrong to charge him. Why the fuck did they charge him in the first place? Eh United? Why did witnesses pull out? United said they knew he didn't do it due to evidence. Well then, why doesn't Greenwood release the evidence? What has he got to lose? Look, whilst it wouldn't be great, an obvious excuse is some sort of fetish type thing (obviously bullshit I know).

I find it all so bizarre.

Was very fit. Seems to have spread out a little after kids and marriage but that happens.

rachel-riley-fabulous-magazine-the-sun-07-23-2023-4.jpg

She's still doing alright for herself.....

The troubling thing for me is that Greenwood (or his missus) won't come out and say why the CPS were wrong to charge him. Why the fuck did they charge him in the first place? Eh United? Why did witnesses pull out? United said they knew he didn't do it due to evidence. Well then, why doesn't Greenwood release the evidence? What has he got to lose? Look, whilst it wouldn't be great, an obvious excuse is some sort of fetish type thing (obviously bullshit I know).

I find it all so bizarre.
It's really not bizarre, there is no evidence and they are using the excuse it will break anominity to hide the fact.

At the risk of watering down an extreme topic here, has the Spanish football president been covered?

He obviously went in a bit hard on her, there was no room/time for 'consent' (i.e. the brief pause before a kiss where you let the other person body swerve/tilt head/change facial expression or whatever). I think he probably should go, but it's a real shame, because if it had been the other way around, it would be laughed off.

And I mean that. It's a shame that women have to toe this line because it's not clear where that line is to a lot of men and the over-powering emotions are all too often. Having some super-important guy forcibly 'grab a ladies face'* at the high of one of the most important moments in Spanish football has diluted the moment in an indelible way. Fact is, that's politics. It's tarnished a huge moment in progressive sporting efforts and I wish he hadn't. Only upside is they are laying into him rather than our ladies fine effort.

* I know, I know... but y'know?

At the risk of watering down an extreme topic here, has the Spanish football president been covered?

He obviously went in a bit hard on her, there was no room/time for 'consent' (i.e. the brief pause before a kiss where you let the other person body swerve/tilt head/change facial expression or whatever). I think he probably should go, but it's a real shame, because if it had been the other way around, it would be laughed off.

And I mean that. It's a shame that women have to toe this line because it's not clear where that line is to a lot of men and the over-powering emotions are all too often. Having some super-important guy forcibly 'grab a ladies face'* at the high of one of the most important moments in Spanish football has diluted the moment in an indelible way. Fact is, that's politics. It's tarnished a huge moment in progressive sporting efforts and I wish he hadn't. Only upside is they are laying into him rather than our ladies fine effort.

* I know, I know... but y'know?
I don't really understand "if it was the other way" stuff, has a female president of an FA grabbed a male player by the back of the head and kiss him on the lips before lifting the trophy? Has the female president of any professional organisation ever done that to your knowledge?

I don't really understand "if it was the other way" stuff, has a female president of an FA grabbed a male player by the back of the head and kiss him on the lips before lifting the trophy? Has the female president of any professional organisation ever done that to your knowledge?
I don't know how old you are, but as far as I'm aware there has never been a female in a position of power in a predominantly male sport who has the opportunity to snatch a kiss at the key moment in the awards ceremony at a major cup. Even so, it was a hypothetical statement. You can imagine it, right? Can you imagine a mens-rights group launching into one to protect the man who was on the receiving end of a cheeky snog from a woman? There would be (and rightly so) almost no sympathy whatsoever.

I'll be honest, this doesn't feel like a fight worth winning, Raiders. Take a moment.

I don't know how old you are, but as far as I'm aware there has never been a female in a position of power in a predominantly male sport who has the opportunity to snatch a kiss at the key moment in the awards ceremony at a major cup. Even so, it was a hypothetical statement. You can imagine it, right? Can you imagine a mens-rights group launching into one to protect the man who was on the receiving end of a cheeky snog from a woman? There would be (and rightly so) almost no sympathy whatsoever.

I'll be honest, this doesn't feel like a fight worth winning, Raiders. Take a moment.
That was my point!

I didn't realise we were fighting...

That was my point!

I didn't realise we were fighting...
Oh, sorry, don't worry, it's me. I've had a LOT of whiskey. I thought you were saying that would never happen so my point was invalid. But my point was that if it did, it would be laughed off. But it wouldn't, because that's not how things are. OK, makes sense now. You're right, I'm wrong. You're just being very strict with your reality in a way that I'm not. But I'll leave it there for prosperity and shit.

Oh, sorry, don't worry, it's me. I've had a LOT of whiskey. I thought you were saying that would never happen so my point was invalid. But my point was that if it did, it would be laughed off. But it wouldn't, because that's not how things are. OK, makes sense now. You're right, I'm wrong. You're just being very strict with your reality in a way that I'm not. But I'll leave it there for prosperity and shit.
Haha, I will entertain, let's say in an alternative reality it did happen (but all else was equal), my intuition is that, at best, the woman would be ridiculed as being unprofessional and lose her job anyway.

In the news now that Antony's ex-missus is going to UK plod saying he beat and abused her

Yanited might need to make a decision on Greenwood and Antony?

View: https://twitter.com/UnitedStandMUFC/status/1700842380566384667?ref_src=twsrc%5Egoogle%7Ctwcamp%5Eserp%7Ctwgr%5Etweet

Antony statement: “I have agreed with #mufc to take a period of absence while I address the allegations made against me. This was a mutual decision to avoid distraction to my teammates and unnecessary controversy for the club. I want to reiterate my innocence of the things I have been accused of, and I will fully cooperate with the police to help them reach the truth. I look forward to returning to play as soon as possible.”

View: https://twitter.com/UnitedStandMUFC/status/1700842380566384667?ref_src=twsrc%5Egoogle%7Ctwcamp%5Eserp%7Ctwgr%5Etweet

Antony statement: “I have agreed with #mufc to take a period of absence while I address the allegations made against me. This was a mutual decision to avoid distraction to my teammates and unnecessary controversy for the club. I want to reiterate my innocence of the things I have been accused of, and I will fully cooperate with the police to help them reach the truth. I look forward to returning to play as soon as possible.”

Might improve the first 11 to be fair.

Back
Top Bottom