Progress

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Personally, I've never been as bored watching Tottenham as I have been this season.

Bar one or two games, we've been shite.
I have only been to a couple of games this season when I generally do around 8. I've been in match threads more, when i never used to be, as there's not much to look at. I was playing FM on my iPad during a bit of the first half yesterday.

Like you, I'm getting a bit bored of the same old play, defeats and excuses. Saying that, the differentiator might be keeping a manager for a decade, so let's give Poch a chance to prove me wrong that he's not a complete chancer.

Personally, I've never been as bored watching Tottenham as I have been this season.

Bar one or two games, we've been shite.
Said the same recently, think it could be because we don't play with 'out-and-out' wingers as compared with previous years having Lennon, Bale etc

I'll judge Pococino and the word progress next year when we clear out all the players who have become surplus to requirements.
This season has produced the usual mixture of highs and lows we come to expect as Spurs fans, but this season we have at last not capitulated in most games, had loads of fight backs but the ropey cup as usual meant our season has spluttered all over the place.
If Levy keeps faith in Poco and affords him time we might have a team to grace the new arena being built COYS

I'll judge Pococino and the word progress next year when we clear out all the players who have become surplus to requirements.
This season has produced the usual mixture of highs and lows we come to expect as Spurs fans, but this season we have at last not capitulated in most games, had loads of fight backs but the ropey cup as usual meant our season has spluttered all over the place.
If Levy keeps faith in Poco and affords him time we might have a team to grace the new arena being built COYS

How can you spell his name that wrong, that isn't even anywhere close to Pochettino, but nice to see optimism anyways

4th 5th 6th.......6th?

Yep. On the up.

b8Sn4ES.gif

4th 5th 6th.......6th?

Yep. On the up.

I think the point that some people are trying to make is even though we've got a young inexperienced squad and are looking like we'll have finished in a not all to desirable position we're still progressing? Yeah I don't get it either.

I think the point that some people are trying to make is even though we've got a young inexperienced squad and are looking like we'll have finished in a not all to desirable position we're still progressing? Yeah I don't get it either.

I said above mate....take Kane out, would they all be lauding Poch as we´d be sitting in 12th.

Massive cracks been papered over by Harry and Hugo time and again, yet its seen as a cracking season with an abundance of youth prospects. Who? Townsend, Mason and Lamela?

I said above mate....take Kane out, would they all be lauding Poch as we´d be sitting in 12th.

Massive cracks been papered over by Harry and Hugo time and again, yet its seen as a cracking season with an abundance of youth prospects. Who? Townsend, Mason and Lamela?
I'm not exactly positive about us right now, but an argument that revolves around "what if we didn't have Kane or Lloris" doesn't hold water. Be as well saying "what if Soldado had scored 50, we'd be champions". We're going to finish where we should.

We are the only team in the league to have three ten goal scorers and they are all 25 and under (Kane, Chadli, Eriksen), Bentaleb (20), Rose (24), and Dier (21) have been our most consistent players since the cup final, we have the young player of the season at the top three levels of English football (Kane, Pritchard, and Alli), and then the second best player in the league who is 21 in Kane.

Literally no one is talking about Townsend, Lamela, and Mason as our best young prospects.

Take out our best player and we'd be here is probably the worst argument of all time. He's our best fucking player of course we'd suffer without him as any team would.

Kane's 30 goals have papered over a lot of cracks.

What a ridiculous thing to say.

In chronological order in my lifetime we've been saved by:

- Kane
- Bale
- Modric
- King
- Berbatov
- Keane
- Ginola
- Sheringham
- Klinsmann
- Lineker
- Gascoigne

......there's always someone to "paper over the cracks" - we're a decent enough club to ensure that, if there's no Kane there would be someone else soon enough

I'm not exactly positive about us right now, but an argument that revolves around "what if we didn't have Kane or Lloris" doesn't hold water. Be as well saying "what if Soldado had scored 50, we'd be champions". We're going to finish where we should.

It holds water in the sense that Pochs negatives would have stood out more to a lot of people.

Some people gloss over shit performances because Kane scored or Hugo made 4 worldies..

It holds water in the sense that Pochs negatives would have stood out more to a lot of people.

Some people gloss over shit performances because Kane scored or Hugo made 4 worldies..

I'm not sure what you're trying to get at here...
Are you suggesting we should sack Poch because we haven't improved this season? :llorisunsure:

What a ridiculous thing to say.

In chronological order in my lifetime we've been saved by:

- Kane
- Bale
- Modric
- King
- Berbatov
- Keane
- Ginola
- Sheringham
- Klinsmann
- Lineker
- Gascoigne

......there's always someone to "paper over the cracks" - we're a decent enough club to ensure that, if there's no Kane there would be someone else soon enough

Ultimate case and point of this was Adebayor last season. He'd certainly fall under this idiotic category and while he has some talent no one would call him a great player and yet he "papered over the cracks" for us.

Nope. Not buying it. If you take out the positives from our two best players, why not keep the "ifs" going to suggest that under performing players have been superb, retarded defenders don't make mistakes, mis-firing strikers score bucketloads, etc?

If we surmise Poch is tactically poor, we should also consider that his training and man management skill has improved Lloris and Kane. His freezing out of Ade came from him telling Kane that he would play EVERY MATCH even if he underperformed. This leads to Kane being confidence personified and performing like a world beater.

I presently go into very match expecting us to lose. This isnt a nice feeling, but I can't shake it. I'm seeing too many misplaced passes. Too many formations and teams that quite obviously don't work, so we hoy on subs to change it because we can't get it right first time. Too many players being allowed to under-perform for months without censure. If there's a plan there, great. I just can't see it. Just like I can't see overall progress, but I can identify singular positives and they do need to be taken into account in the overall picture.

Back
Top Bottom