Punishment for Cheats

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

What should the punishment for long term mass cheating be?

• 1 relegation

Votes: 5 6.8%
  • 2 removal of trophies won during period

Votes: 3 4.1%
  • 3 both above

Votes: 66 89.2%
  • 4 minimal punishment

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 5 no Punishment, cheating should be allowed

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
They stole our moments in the sun as well as Woolwich's , man u and Liverpool's.

We will never have the parade of winning the league in 2017. We will never be able to take back the "no trophies" memes. What they stole from us and others is priceless. If they never see the top flight again it still wouldn't be enough

My personal view is if they get done for multiple violations like 50 plus then:

Relegation: can’t come back to the prem for 5 years min.

Trophies: all trophies in the period they cheated are removed.

Finances: allow them to be sued for all wrong doing.

The level of cheating is totally unprecedented and has destroyed fair competition.

The Football Association has said it is prepared to "throw the book at Tottenham" with regard to serious breaches of agent rules in a transfer involving Tottenham Hotspur, Portsmouth and Jermain Defoe.

Spurs are expected to receive a points deduction far in excess of that recently handed down to Everton although the FA is said to be "obviously very reluctant" to look at any allegations involving Chelsea, Manchester City or Newcastle.

@TheTimes
🥇

Someone is causing mischief at the Times.

No action was taken by the Football Association at the time, but it is understood the governing body are prepared to review the allegations.

Breaches of FA agent rules have previously resulted in point deductions, transfer bans, and suspensions for club officials.

“The case was heard by an independent arbitration panel 15 years ago,” a spokeswoman for the FA said.

“The case was heard by an independent arbitration panel 15 years ago,” a spokeswoman for the FA said.

It's already been looked at, 15 years ago! Nothing doing then, so why would anything change?
My sources are telling me that the FA are reopening the Woolwich promotion to the first divison case from 1919. Apparently that Henry Norris was a right wrong un.

Last edited by a moderator:
They stole our moments in the sun as well as Woolwich's , man u and Liverpool's.

We will never have the parade of winning the league in 2017. We will never be able to take back the "no trophies" memes. What they stole from us and others is priceless. If they never see the top flight again it still wouldn't be enough

This is actually a really good point. It appears Chelsea got Conte, Hazard, Willan with off book payments, the heart of the team that beat us to second built on dodgy money.

That season was our last at White Hart Lane and the title would have been a fitting end to that venue, it was stolen from us by a bunch of cheats. We can never get that back. Send Chelsea away for 10 years, they need to suffer like we have, bunch of cunts.

If they are going to review our agent rule break, which has already been the subject of an inquiry with three QC's, then I would like to see a review of West Ham's (and ManU's subsequent) signing and use of Tevez and Mascherano to stay up.

Was speaking to a mate last week, who had with him a colleague who was involved in sports law. Obviously the first thing I said to him was how come Everton got done immediately but City and Chelsea haven't.
He said Evertons was due to one breach from november to march and as straightforward as can be.
He said City's is a really complex case that goes back to the Mancini days and involves breaches from 5 different groupings.
He mentioned it is as serious as it can get and the authorities are making sure they have any appeal or counter attack in place. They have to consider what other clubs could make a claim etc.
He asked me what I think will or should happen to them. Without really thinking I said they have to be relegated surely. He said where to? I said well the Championship I guess. He said how is it fair on the clubs in the championship, they would obviously come straight back up and prevent another club from getting promoted, which I thought was a fair point.
I asked what is likely, he said the only fitting punishment for their crime is to kick them out of the league altogether, but he doubts that would happen due to the size and wealth of Man City. I said but if it was a smaller club that is what would happen? he said almost definitely.

It's very very messy but no one really knows how to punish them without it having a massive effect on may other clubs.

Neither Chelsea or Man City will face any punishment of note. It's just not how the world works. They have more money and better lawyers and it will be tied up for years and years till eventually, it will be bargained down to a fine and some strategically placed donations to various 'Charities'

It stinks, it absolutely does and it's just plain cheating, but if after all this time, the idiots at the FA and the Premier League still can't make anything stick, then how the hell will they ever.

To any real football fan, it's blatant.

The argument Chelsea fans make it was under previous ownership. However does that change the fact in those seasons they cheated their rivals by gaining an unfair advantage. You just know Man City and Chelsea are on the rig and have been taking the piss for years. City were a mid to lowest tier club and in about 10 years surpassed Real Madrid in the money leagues, during a time Real Madrid won the CL three seasons on a row. City fans will say they are a 'well run club', and to that I say, the Mafia is also well run.

They need to be punished, because rival fans have been punished in the seasons they cheated. They also need to be punished to serve a deterrent to future cheating.

The calls for an independent regulator are growing. Thats the reason I think Chelsea and City actually are going to get punished severely. The Everton points deduction was the PL testing the waters. Don't think they would have pinged Everton if they weren't confident Chelsea and City are outside their crosshairs, as the optics would look terrible - punishing battling Everton who were cooperating, whilst City adopt the Mafia 'I didn't see nuthin' policy of keeping their mouth shut and non-cooperation.

But the public debagging of their entire fanbase would give me a giggle
Man City fans if they get relegated more than once...

rats-running.gif

... except for the 35,000 that crammed into Gigg Lane, Bury that night they won promotion from League 1...

They were all HARDCORE fans liars!

Last edited:
Relegation and titles stripped would ensure none of this nonsense ever happens again with any club, surely.

They need to go down hard on them, its not fair to the rest of the league. In Serie A, Juve and other top Italian teams were made an example of and we haven't seen matchfixing at the highest level since. The same can happen here but with FFP. It would set a major example.

Something severe to them needs to be done, enough is enough of letting teams like Chelsea and City do as they please

Yeah, relegation and take their trophies away.

I'm starting to think that it won't be a question of "if" City get relegated. There's just far too many charges and evidence against them for them not to be, but I'm concerned about how far it will end up going. If they've genuinely committed 115 counts of FFP infringements then take 10 points off them per count and send them to the bottom tier of English football.

A one season relegation just won't be a fitting punishment as they'll be back up in a year. To feel it, they'll need to suffer for a long time for to to A) be just and B) to act as a proper deterrent.

But it's pretty likely that there is a degree of corruption within the powers that be in football and that just won't happen.

Was speaking to a mate last week, who had with him a colleague who was involved in sports law. Obviously the first thing I said to him was how come Everton got done immediately but City and Chelsea haven't.
He said Evertons was due to one breach from november to march and as straightforward as can be.
He said City's is a really complex case that goes back to the Mancini days and involves breaches from 5 different groupings.
He mentioned it is as serious as it can get and the authorities are making sure they have any appeal or counter attack in place. They have to consider what other clubs could make a claim etc.
He asked me what I think will or should happen to them. Without really thinking I said they have to be relegated surely. He said where to? I said well the Championship I guess. He said how is it fair on the clubs in the championship, they would obviously come straight back up and prevent another club from getting promoted, which I thought was a fair point.
I asked what is likely, he said the only fitting punishment for their crime is to kick them out of the league altogether, but he doubts that would happen due to the size and wealth of Man City. I said but if it was a smaller club that is what would happen? he said almost definitely.

It's very very messy but no one really knows how to punish them without it having a massive effect on may other clubs.
relegation to the championship with a 3 year ban from promotion would be better. that way it doesnt damage the championship that much and turns them into champo clubs as that would see all their players leave and they would have to build again.

Back
Top Bottom