Qatar holds Spurs talks

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Qatar holds Spurs talks as it pushes to add Premier League club to portfolio

• Total voters
No i didnt say that. No one was like City as it was a completely different game. Utd generally spent the most but it was a much more even playing field. Good scouting and a decent youth system helped. But we were up there with the bigger spenders and could attract good players wanted by other big clubs because we had ambition and a bit of glamour. Thats why we were called the Man Utd of the South.

Then you just totally ignored what I said. My point being City have bought their titles. Leicesters was a case of being successful off luck and in my opinion very good scouting. Like our 84 UEFA CUP winning side.

The fact is people here look back on that era and do compare it today.
And why we have thousands of ENIC out posts as people stuff or to get their heads around the fact times change.

I don't think it warrants a new poll, but it would be interesting to know whether the recent news about Man City has changed any opinions about Qatari investment?

I didn't vote in the poll, but had crept towards the 'if you can't beat them, join them' camp. Now, I'm leaning against it. Investment, yes, state-backed, no.

I don't think it warrants a new poll, but it would be interesting to know whether the recent news about Man City has changed any opinions about Qatari investment?

I didn't vote in the poll, but had crept towards the 'if you can't beat them, join them' camp. Now, I'm leaning against it. Investment, yes, state-backed, no.

If FFP is properly enforced, and I mean properly then our operating model will be one of the strongest. Our income is massive, but still dwarfed by the Chavs, Citeh and Barcodes "fake" income. Take those three plastic clubs out and we're only rivalled by United, Arse and Dippers.

That said, even if those clubs are suddenly forced to stop their spending we still need to improve how we approach our football decisions. The cash is there, but the scouting and recruitment needs to buck its ideas up because we're in prime place to take advantage. I just worry we won't be ready.

And yes, the buck stops at the top. Daniel Levy is ultimately responsible. No (more) excuses.

Let's face it..... ANY Middle Eastern Oil money is corrupt if you look closely enough.... and even if it's not, it's still morally wrong that such vast sums should be taken out of the earth to make rich sheikhs even filthy richer!

Look at Man City... they sold their soul, and now they're paying the price....

This will be us in 10 years of we go down that route... for what? A few years of pre-paid, guaranteed BOUGHT success?
No thanks... it's as hollow as it is fake....

...and we'll only have to give it back further down the line, 'cos it was paid for with nonsense, make believe monopoly money!

Keep yer fucking Qatari Billions..... it's all blood money anyway SOMEWHERE down the line!

Last edited:

i'd still take them over Levy, it's not a case of going on a silly Chelsea style spend, it's putting the club with revenue it's making and acting like a big club,
Levy is happy with 4th place and the general aura of the club remains that of when he first took over, mid table who can't compete so have to be clever with signings because we're just small old tottenham. The level of ambition starts from the top, were as finishing 4th and having a cup run is seen as success, for the other 5 it's not good enough and that kinda attitude has soured the clubs bones long enough.

Even though the club now (thanks to enic for sure) is in a position of power as great as Woolwich at least, and should be more ambitious on the pitch not just off it

Last edited:
i'd still take them over Levy, it's not a case of going on a silly Chelsea style spend, it's putting the club with revenue it's making and acting like a big club,
Levy is happy with 4th place and the general aura of the club remains that of when he first took over, mid table who can't compete so have to be clever with signings because we're just small old tottenham. The level of ambition starts from the top, were as finishing 4th and having a cup one is seen as success, for the other 5 it's not good enough and that kinda attutde has soured the clubs bones long enough.

Even though the club now (thanks to enic for sure) is in a position of power as great as Woolwich at least, and should be more ambitious on the pitch not just off it

I agree and don't, I don't think ENIC are "happy" with 4th being the target. I think they just don't know how to take the next step which is why our recruitment of players and managers seems all over the place. Poch replaced by Jose replaced by [ big gap ] replaced by Nuno replaced by Conte. There's no joined up thinking. Almost every single big money transfer ending up being a flop (Ndombele, Davinson, Lo Celso) - we were willing to spend it, but when we did it went wrong.

Which is why yeah, ideally there would be a change.

Makes no difference to me the Man City news. It’s a different time now and they wouldn’t come in and do things the same way as Abu Dhabi did at city. But they might invest up to our FFP limit which was £400 million at the last time of reporting. Imagine if they put that into the team? We’d challenge for the title immediately.

Makes no difference to me the Man City news. It’s a different time now and they wouldn’t come in and do things the same way as Abu Dhabi did at city. But they might invest up to our FFP limit which was £400 million at the last time of reporting. Imagine if they put that into the team? We’d challenge for the title immediately.
For spending "too much" on players to be the real horror rather than the moral obscenity of getting into bed with tyrants says it all.

I agree and don't, I don't think ENIC are "happy" with 4th being the target. I think they just don't know how to take the next step which is why our recruitment of players and managers seems all over the place. Poch replaced by Jose replaced by [ big gap ] replaced by Nuno replaced by Conte. There's no joined up thinking. Almost every single big money transfer ending up being a flop (Ndombele, Davinson, Lo Celso) - we were willing to spend it, but when we did it went wrong.

Which is why yeah, ideally there would be a change.
Did you see what they told the THST recently?

THROW MONEY AT THE PROBLEM....
THAT ALWAYS MAKES THE PROBLEM GO AWAY...

and if it doesn't.... THROW MORE MONEY AT THE PROBLEM!

our fucking world right now!
Jesus fucking Christ on the cross!!

No wonder we're fucked!🤪

Qatar hates gays and women...
But they'll spunk £400 billion wankqatari doller pounds on Spurs.... Until they realise our Jewish roots.... THEN they'll fuck off soon enough!

Back
Top Bottom