RELEGATION 2023

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

FwQGxW5XwAARM-k

Leeds could either be out of the relegation zone, take it to the last day or relegated come the time they kick off against West Ham.

Still think Leicester go down.

FwQGxW5XwAARM-k

Leeds could either be out of the relegation zone, take it to the last day or relegated come the time they kick off against West Ham.

They can’t be relegated by the time they play West Ham - an Everton win puts them on 35 with Leeds on 31, but Leeds would still have 2 to play so can get to 37 points.

The only scenario that doesn’t take it to the last day is if Everton win, Forest draw/win and Leeds and Leicester both lose

It will go to the last day, I’m very confident of that

Threats that the relegation race might go to court to be settled, rather than just on the pitch.

Same threat last season, but nothing happened then. This season the clubs seem to be 'striking early' to make their point

Threats that the relegation race might go to court to be settled, rather than just on the pitch.

Same threat last season, but nothing happened then. This season the clubs seem to be 'striking early' to make their point

Surely only the 18th placed club could receive a judgement? Everton couldn't take all their places above the line in the same season. 19 and 20 would go down regardless.

FwQGxW5XwAARM-k

Wolves are decent at home. I wonder will Everton be able to pick them off in counter attacks like they did against Brighton. If Everton lose that game leeds could stay up as I see them getting a win against west amd definitely a win against us.

Wolves are decent at home. I wonder will Everton be able to pick them off in counter attacks like they did against Brighton. If Everton lose that game leeds could stay up as I see them getting a win against west amd definitely a win against us.
Wolves will sit in and not care a jot if it ends 0-0, for a team that spent a lot of time battling relegation this season their home record isn’t shabby - 2 defeats in 9 league games in 2023. They’ve beaten us (I know) Liverpool, Villa, Chelsea, so pretty decent.

Wolves don’t have to chase the game at all, I think they will pick Everton off or it will be a drab 0-0

This relegation Iark is no joke , I am 68 and attended my first Everton match in 1963 and I had to spend last night watching the dark side play Leicester and for the first time in my life I actually wanted them to win my arl fella will be turning in his grave.
I know we have no divine right to stay in the top division but it doesnt stop you praying it wont happen

If you need us to beat Leeds on the last day to stay up you are fucked.

Wolves will sit in and not care a jot if it ends 0-0, for a team that spent a lot of time battling relegation this season their home record isn’t shabby - 2 defeats in 9 league games in 2023. They’ve beaten us (I know) Liverpool, Villa, Chelsea, so pretty decent.

Wolves don’t have to chase the game at all, I think they will pick Everton off or it will be a drab 0-0
Wolves probably won't care if they lose. Their season is over, no chance of relegation and no chance of qualifying for Europe.

Surely only the 18th placed club could receive a judgement? Everton couldn't take all their places above the line in the same season. 19 and 20 would go down regardless.

Burnley were arguing last year - but it didn't get to court - that Everton's FFP issues were not adequately dealt with, so are joining with this season's relegated threatened clubs to sue PL who are now in the cross fire.

Burnley's case is that relegation triggered the immediate repayment of a loan in turn causing losses elsewhere as assets needed to be sild to repay the loan (ie consequential losses etc. Plus of course Everton got 'their' share of PL revenues versus a parachute payment to Burnley) with Burnley also losing gate and sponsor revenues by being a Championship club versus a PL club.

The clubs threatened with relegation will not, as you say, all be relegated but they are all joining the action so as to maximise pressure on PL as even though a couple might escape they all want rules tightened up so Everton (and others) cannot dance round FFP whilst other clubs get relegated.

The court case is about PL enforcing the rules or not - so judgement will be received by all the clubs. In terms of compensation the main beneficiaries if they win will be Burnley and the relegated clubs - but others might be able to argue that being so close to relegation they lose sponsors, chances of signing players etc and be able to persuade court they have had losses which need compensation.

I think PL will try to avoid a court case (especially as Man City FFP case re-opened) so we might only hear the headlines of any settlement outside court

Burnley were arguing last year - but it didn't get to court - that Everton's FFP issues were not adequately dealt with, so are joining with this season's relegated threatened clubs to sue PL who are now in the cross fire.

Burnley's case is that relegation triggered the immediate repayment of a loan in turn causing losses elsewhere as assets needed to be sild to repay the loan (ie consequential losses etc. Plus of course Everton got 'their' share of PL revenues versus a parachute payment to Burnley) with Burnley also losing gate and sponsor revenues by being a Championship club versus a PL club.

The clubs threatened with relegation will not, as you say, all be relegated but they are all joining the action so as to maximise pressure on PL as even though a couple might escape they all want rules tightened up so Everton (and others) cannot dance round FFP whilst other clubs get relegated.

The court case is about PL enforcing the rules or not - so judgement will be received by all the clubs. In terms of compensation the main beneficiaries if they win will be Burnley and the relegated clubs - but others might be able to argue that being so close to relegation they lose sponsors, chances of signing players etc and be able to persuade court they have had losses which need compensation.

I think PL will try to avoid a court case (especially as Man City FFP case re-opened) so we might only hear the headlines of any settlement outside court
Nothing will happen. Reminds me of Sheffield United getting relegated after West Ham illegally signed Tevez.

They already cheated Burnley out of their prem spot last season......

Being allowed to sell Richarlison before the trf window opened (how FFS?????) enabled them to duck FFP punishment that if at all just ought to have resulted in a points deduction (depending on how many points; then Norwich & Watford had a right to be aggrieved too).......... Being allowed to once again duck suitable punishment a year later would be fucking scandalous.

Sorry AnEvertonian , but you deserve to go down.

However, being a so-called herritage club will probably save you in this bent world tho'..........

Last edited:
Everton are being investigated for FFP for the 3 years ending 2021 so the Richarlson sale which was in July 2022 is not affected by it but the sale was made to comply with the 3 years ending 2022.
I can not argue against the justification for the club to either get a points ban or a fine we have to take our medicine if that is the case.
Everton supporters have been protesting against the current board and chairman for over 10 years with practically no backing from the local or national media in fact the media have working with the club to vilify the supporters of the club to the extent that the fans were accused assaulting the CEO by putting her in a headlock at a match where there were was no witnesses or video of it ever happening or was it ever reported to the police so as we speak the phantom headlocker of Goodison park is still at large .
We have a gutless chairman and board of directors who have not attended a match at Goodison since January as apparently they are scared for there lives.
As a fan base none of this is our fault but we will accept our punishment or relegation if that is to be the case .97% of season ticket holders have renewed for next season and there is a 5 and a half year wait for season tickets.

Everton are being investigated for FFP for the 3 years ending 2021 so the Richarlson sale which was in July 2022 is not affected by it but the sale was made to comply with the 3 years ending 2022.
I can not argue against the justification for the club to either get a points ban or a fine we have to take our medicine if that is the case.
Everton supporters have been protesting against the current board and chairman for over 10 years with practically no backing from the local or national media in fact the media have working with the club to vilify the supporters of the club to the extent that the fans were accused assaulting the CEO by putting her in a headlock at a match where there were was no witnesses or video of it ever happening or was it ever reported to the police so as we speak the phantom headlocker of Goodison park is still at large .
We have a gutless chairman and board of directors who have not attended a match at Goodison since January as apparently they are scared for there lives.
As a fan base none of this is our fault but we will accept our punishment or relegation if that is to be the case .97% of season ticket holders have renewed for next season and there is a 5 and a half year wait for season tickets.

It's weird to hear of such longer-term unrest, because:

1. Kenwright was commonly portrayed as a darling and the idyllic, archetypal fan-owner.
2. The likes of Jim White spend much of the last 6/7 years giving Moshiri a daily hand-job on live radio.

Spurs know only too well about bad transfers and obviously, the devil is in the detail within which most oppo fans won't have dived, but to suddenly see the mess you are in off the pitch is quite startling.

What's your view on the prospect of the new stadium project falling apart?

Kenwright is the worst chairman in Evertons history , he has put nothing into the club and was only prepared to sell to someone that would keep him as a figure head at the club.
He has pocketed the thick end of 40 million while still keeping hold of his trainset I absolutely despise the man.
I think the only way Moshiri gets his money back is by selling the club with a stadium but to be honest mate the shambles the club is in has sucked the joy out of getting a new stadium.

Kenwright is the worst chairman in Evertons history , he has put nothing into the club and was only prepared to sell to someone that would keep him as a figure head at the club.
He has pocketed the thick end of 40 million while still keeping hold of his trainset I absolutely despise the man.
I think the only way Moshiri gets his money back is by selling the club with a stadium but to be honest mate the shambles the club is in has sucked the joy out of getting a new stadium.
:levyeyes:

I feel your pain.

This relegation Iark is no joke , I am 68 and attended my first Everton match in 1963 and I had to spend last night watching the dark side play Leicester and for the first time in my life I actually wanted them to win my arl fella will be turning in his grave.
I know we have no divine right to stay in the top division but it doesnt stop you praying it wont happen
Neville southall fucked me off by winning you the league when we should have

But I can’t hate you for that and I fucking hate Liverpool fc…. So we’ve that in common

Personally I hope you scrape home

Back
Top Bottom