RELEGATION 2023

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

The wolves Everton match is key,
If wolves win Everton could be in trouble as I should see leeds getting a win at west ham (who are now safe) and most definitely see Leeds beating us last game of the season.

Would have preferred Saints (SCBC), Leicester and Everton but Leeds replacing EFC isn't the end of the world.
I can't really bring myself to hate Everton or want to see them go down really...

• Lovely ground
• Generally speaking, relatively self-effacing fans
• Vaguely similar to us in a lot of ways
• Not Liverpool

Fuck Leeds with piss-drenched shitstick though. The media's brief love-in (Bielsa, kerazy guy! He sits on a bucket!! Love it!!!) with them recently only made me dislike them more.

Last edited:
I can't really bring myself to hate Everton or want to see them go down really...

• Lovely ground
• Generally speaking, relatively self-effacing fans
• Vaguely similar to us in a lot of ways
• Not Liverpool

Fuck Leeds with piss-drenched shitstick though. The media's brief love-in (Bielsa, kerazy guy! He sits on a bucket!! Love it!!!) with them recently only made me dislike them more,
Agree, I would prefer Everton to stay up, I just don't think they will.

That "Not Liverpool" factor is a strong one.

Leeds have West Ham away on Sunday - about 60 hours after West Ham’s Euro second leg in Holland - I fully expect Fat Sam to go back to one of his old stomping grounds and get a result. That would then leave them possibly only needing a point against us on the final day to stay up - even if they need a win, who is backing us to win an away game in the near future.

Forest I think might put the final nail in Arsenals coffin and get a draw - again they would likely then just need a point at a disinterested Palace - if they need a win I can again see them getting it.

I think it will be Everton who drop, I see Wolves doing them 1-0 this weekend and then them swatting Bournemouth aside easily but it not being enough as we lose 3-0 at Leeds.

Leicester are gone - they won’t get more than 33

Leicester beaten 3-0 at home by Liverpool tonight.

Southampton relegated so leaves 2 to join them with 2 games to go - leaving Notts Forest as most likely of the three to survive as they have 3 points advantage on Leeds.

So most likely 2 of the other 3 to go down, with Leicester probably the most likely to go down as they are 2 points from safety and 2 games to go.

Notts Forest - (34 points, GD -31 ) - Woolwich (H), Palace (A)
Everton - (32 points, GD -24 ) - Wolves (A), Bournemouth (H)
Leeds - (31 points, GD - 25 ) - Wham (A), Spurs (H)
Leicester- (30 Points, GD - 18 ) - , Newcastle (A), Wham (H)
The luckiest ones will be those whose oppo are mediocre teams with nothing to play for

Everton might well get 6 points out of those 2.
Leeds will prob get 4 if not 6.

I'd like Forest to stay up but I think their late collapse at Brentford will do for them. Wonderful if they beat Woolwich but I can't see it.

LCFC (good) and NFFC going down imo.

After Southampton were awarded the bullshit penalty against us, I was happy to see them go down.

I'd like Everton and Leicester to go down too. Leeds will be down next year so they will get their due. Nottingham Forest can stay up, I enjoy the new teams staying up a few years.

Everton - Still think of them as Fat Franks team. They need to go.
Leicester - arrogant fans deserve the drop

Glad Southampton have gone - the luck they have had against us the last couple of years is incredible - 4 goals disallowed away to them 2 years ago. Last years home game where we somehow lost 3-2 and then this years away and the ridiculous penalty. They can come back up when the luck is going to even out a bit

I think everyone with less than 38 points should be relegated. If you can’t average 1 point per game, with the dross in this league, then you deserve to go down. Plus they’re all wankers.

Glad Southampton have gone - the luck they have had against us the last couple of years is incredible - 4 goals disallowed away to them 2 years ago. Last years home game where we somehow lost 3-2 and then this years away and the ridiculous penalty. They can come back up when the luck is going to even out a bit
You have to think Ward-Prowse will leave, and without him they might be going the other way to League One.

This relegation Iark is no joke , I am 68 and attended my first Everton match in 1963 and I had to spend last night watching the dark side play Leicester and for the first time in my life I actually wanted them to win my arl fella will be turning in his grave.
I know we have no divine right to stay in the top division but it doesnt stop you praying it wont happen

This relegation Iark is no joke , I am 68 and attended my first Everton match in 1963 and I had to spend last night watching the dark side play Leicester and for the first time in my life I actually wanted them to win my arl fella will be turning in his grave.
I know we have no divine right to stay in the top division but it doesnt stop you praying it wont happen
Personally I hope and think you will stay up.

I feel your pain mate , hopefully it will be Leicester and Leeds go down . Good luck

Back
Top Bottom