RELEGATION 2023

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Notts Forest 4- 3 Southampton. So close but so far for Southampton

Southampton 8 points from safety with only 24 points, certainties to go down with 3 games left. Their remaining matches - Fulham (H), Brighton (A) and Liverpool (H).

3 Remaining matches to see who else is relegated :
Notts Forest - (33 points, GD -31 ) - Chelsea (A), Woolwich (H), Palace (A)
Everton - (32 points, GD -21 ) - Mancity (H), Wolves (A), Bournemouth (H)
Leicester- (30 Points, GD - 15 ) - Liverpool (H), Newcastle (A), Wham (H)
Leeds - (30 points, GD - 25 ) - Newcastle (H), Wham (A), Spurs (H)

Leeds and Leicester look most at risk. Leicester's best hope of survival might be their GD

Last edited:
Notts Forest - (33 points, GD -31 ) - Chelsea (A) loss Woolwich (H) loss Palace (A) loss 33pts
Everton - (32 points, GD -21 ) - Mancity (H) loss Wolves (A) draw Bournemouth (H) win 36pts
Leicester- (30 Points, GD - 15 ) - Liverpool (H) loss Newcastle (A) loss Wham (H) draw 31pts
Leeds - (30 points, GD - 25 ) - Newcastle (H) loss Wham (A) draw Spurs (H) draw 32pts

I make that the saints, Leeds and Leicester for the drop but anything could happen

Everton would seem to have the best chance to escape given their schedule, but after jumping out of the jaws of relegation at the last moment a year ago, how many times can they do this?

Leicester seem doomed given their games remaining and the fact that their players seem to have one foot out the door.

Notts Forest 4- 3 Southampton. So close but so far for Southampton

Southampton 8 points from safety with only 24 points, certainties to go down with 3 games left. Their remaining matches - Fulham (H), Brighton (A) and Liverpool (H).

3 Remaining matches to see who else is relegated :
Notts Forest - (33 points, GD -31 ) - Chelsea (A), Woolwich (H), Palace (A)
Everton - (32 points, GD -21 ) - Mancity (H), Wolves (A), Bournemouth (H)
Leicester- (30 Points, GD - 15 ) - Liverpool (H), Newcastle (A), Wham (H)
Leeds - (30 points, GD - 25 ) - Newcastle (H), Wham (A), Spurs (H)

Leeds and Leicester look most at risk. Leicester's best hope of survival might be their GD

Would be great if they could get a farewell win on the last day.

Who will survive between Leicester Leeds and Forest?

Leicester seem in free-fall
Leicester have been a disaster all season and have been getting worse as the season progresses. They went from being a well run club to being a shit show in only a few years.
It goes to show that clubs can never take their foot of the gas & think that they are ok.
The Premier League is a very tough gig with lots of clubs like Brentford, Brighton Fulham improving all the time.

I don't care who goes down as long as Forest do. It looks like Leicester are scrapping with them for that top-bottom spot, though. Too close to call. I enjoy our games against leicester (that 5-4 game was one of the best ever!), but Forest owner can fuck off to hell, do not pass go, get the fuck out of our country and take your blood-soaked money with you*, you fucking scumbag.

* repeat for Newcastle

Imagine if Leicester end up pinning their survival hopes on us beating Leeds on the final day.

I think I'd be reminding a few locals about it for a good long while if we saved their bacon.

3O5v.gif

They went from being a well run club to being a shit show in only a few years.
Vichai Srivaddhanaprabha (the now deceased patriarch of the owning family) ran an unsustainable business model with little room for error.

Their recruitment 21/22 didn’t work out. I believe that they’ve had turnover in their recruiting department and a bit of a power struggle. The club’s finances have been in bad shape. King Power wrote off over 100m in debt (this past year, I believe) and the new owners don’t have the same stomach for accruing debt so they can be feted by Leicester fans as their Dad did.

We talk (almost endlessly) about football finance and Tottenham’s in particular. The moral of this lesson is you might not be guaranteed on-field success if you get the finances right but you’re guaranteed failure if you get it wrong.

Everton would seem to have the best chance to escape given their schedule, but after jumping out of the jaws of relegation at the last moment a year ago, how many times can they do this?

I think if they survive this season; then with a bit of squad churn this summer and a full pre-season, Dyche will start to get them steady.

Vichai Srivaddhanaprabha (the now deceased patriarch of the owning family) ran an unsustainable business model with little room for error.

Their recruitment 21/22 didn’t work out. I believe that they’ve had turnover in their recruiting department and a bit of a power struggle. The club’s finances have been in bad shape. King Power wrote off over 100m in debt (this past year, I believe) and the new owners don’t have the same stomach for accruing debt so they can be feted by Leicester fans as their Dad did.

We talk (almost endlessly) about football finance and Tottenham’s in particular. The moral of this lesson is you might not be guaranteed on-field success if you get the finances right but you’re guaranteed failure if you get it wrong.
Unless you get bought out by successively richer and more stupid billionaires?

Oh wait...

Todd_Boehly_Chelsea_facepalm_2022-23.jpg

I have zero hesitation now West Ham are not going it has to Leicester ( utter wanker fans with their fake Spurs rivalry) Nottingham Forest (liked the club) the owner is literally Kaiser Soze. Southampton(serves them right for becomingLiverpools bitch). Even though I fear Levy going bin diving and instead of coming back with Maddison and Barnes he'll return clutching Pickford and Ward-Prowse 🤢🤮

I’m not making anymore predictions after Everton thumped Brighton.
Hoping to god city don’t shit the bed there next Sunday and hand Woolwich an opening….

Was reading an article on sky pinpointing where it all went wrong for Leicester this season.
The biggest one has to be at Roger’s door for allowing them be in a position to start the season with two goalkeepers with only one premiership game between them.
That ward lad was a joke.

Back
Top Bottom