RELEGATION 2023

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Southampton 6 points from safety with only 24 points but with an inferior goal difference, and 4 games to go look almost a certainty to go down.

Remaining matches - Notts Forest (A), Fulham (H), Brighton (A) and Liverpool (H).

But after that its any two from four clubs - Everton (29 points), Notts Forest (30 points), Leeds (30 points), and Leicester (30 points) ....... above that Wham on 37 points almost certainly safe with their 7 point advantage.

Remaining matches :
Everton - Brighton (A), Mancity (H), Wolves (A), Bournemouth (H)
Notts Forest - Southampton (H), Chelsea (A), Woolwich (H), Palace (A)
Leeds - Newcastle (H), Wham (A), Spurs (H) (3 matches only)
Leicester- Fulham (A), Liverpool (H), Newcastle (A), Wham (H)

I guess the last 2 relegation places go to the last day as its really tight between last 4.

Leicester lose 5-3 to Fulham in the first of 3 matches involving bottom clubs today

Brighton v Everton and Notts Forest v Southampton to come.

The last of those could see Southampton almost definitely down if they lose, whilst Southampton losing and Notts Forest winning would give Forest 3 points, probably half what they need for safety. A draw probably does nothing for either.

I still think Southampton, Everton and Leicester go down.
I don’t see Leeds getting many points, if any. Well they do have us last game of the season. It will be super tight between Leeds and Leicester as they play almost the same opponents. Leicester basically have a 1 point advantage due to GD.

Forest have the easiest fixtures and I think their survival is dependent on getting a win against Soton today. Fail to win today, and they are favorites to go down.

Everton also have manageable fixtures and if they can hold onto their 3 points today, they are favorites to stay up. both of their last 2 games are winnable.

I think Leeds is most likely to go down, followed by Leicester, forest, then everton. Swap forest and Leicester if forest don’t win today.

I don’t see Leeds getting many points, if any. Well they do have us last game of the season. It will be super tight between Leeds and Leicester as they play almost the same opponents. Leicester basically have a 1 point advantage due to GD.

Forest have the easiest fixtures and I think their survival is dependent on getting a win against Soton today. Fail to win today, and they are favorites to go down.

Everton also have manageable fixtures and if they can hold onto their 3 points today, they are favorites to stay up. both of their last 2 games are winnable.

I think Leeds is most likely to go down, followed by Leicester, forest, then everton. Swap forest and Leicester if forest don’t win today.
If forest win tonight, Leicester would have to beat either Liverpool, Newcastle or West Ham

When I wrote that I didn't see this result coming.

Leiectser can fuck off, and keep fucking off after 2016.... Fuck their 'Fairytale'©®™

More like a fucking nightmare now....

Good! I wonder how many people will be hoping Leeds, Forest or Everton go down to make sure Leiectser Fairytale City ©®™ survive?

Everton winning 5-1 away to Brighton, could well be their salvation - 3 points when all bottom clubs have been averaging less than a point per game is a huge gain.

Likely that only 3 more points from 3 remaining games may well be enough to see them safe One more win.

Not a result I had foreseen that's for sure

Back
Top Bottom