Retro Spurs photos

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

And Mrs P ; when Stevie brought the cup over to us .

He couldn’t play in the game ; let Robbo lift the cup ;

but then dressed in a track-suit , he brought it over .

We Love You Tottenham

Stevie replying “ We Love You “ , mouthing it to us .

It moved me .

I was probably within 30 yards of you. So hopefully you remember it too.

Special , very special.
I went to the game over there too, and when Stevie got booked, I was gutted, because I realised he wouldn't play in the second leg. Kudos to Robbo for giving him the cup straight away.
I remember going onto the High Road and hanging around for ages, and the team displayed the cup from a window of the Red House (stupid name for a THFC building).
I got home about 2am in the morning and my phone rang, wondering who the heck was calling at that time of night. It was a guy from work, who had gone out, set the video recorder and the tape had run out just as the penalties were starting!

I went to the game over there too, and when Stevie got booked, I was gutted, because I realised he wouldn't play in the second leg. Kudos to Robbo for giving him the cup straight away.
I remember going onto the High Road and hanging around for ages, and the team displayed the cup from a window of the Red House (stupid name for a THFC building).
I got home about 2am in the morning and my phone rang, wondering who the heck was calling at that time of night. It was a guy from work, who had gone out, set the video recorder and the tape had run out just as the penalties were starting!

Amazing night , thanks for sharing your memories x

Throw Away Make It Rain GIF

Oh the days when we actually won trophies and if we got to a final we mainly were successful. I was there in 84 and many others.
This just this. I'm not going to lie I kind of despise the 'fans' on this site who come on repeating the SKY narrative. 'Spurs We always lose' shite. NO! you dont get to invalidate my childhood, or the experiences and very real joy of older contributors who saw us win in Europe and in domestic football regularly.

Just because Gary Neville didn't tell you about it, doesn't mean it did not happen. We are a fantastic club with a special history and frankly a crazy ratio of generationally talented footballers. More than that lot from Woolwich.

This just this. I'm not going to lie I kind of despise the 'fans' on this site who come on repeating the SKY narrative. 'Spurs We always lose' shite. NO! you dont get to invalidate my childhood, or the experiences and very real joy of older contributors who saw us win in Europe and in domestic football regularly.

Just because Gary Neville didn't tell you about it, doesn't mean it did not happen. We are a fantastic club with a special history and frankly a crazy ratio of generationally talented footballers. More than that lot from Woolwich.
Barack Obama Applause GIF by Obama

Oh no, that story is too much. The ending is a tear jerker. I still have family VHS recording of the live coverage, which I made a DVD of for my lovely uncle who made sure I was there, although his wife (my aunt) and my mother would have strung him up if they found out I was out of the house at that time and on the terraces shouting obscenities. RIP uncle Thomas- good times

Back
Top Bottom