Retro Spurs photos

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Ahhh, Ollie Morah... the next great hope...
...and Paula Moran, she was lovely!!
First and last great game up at Derby just before Christmas '87/88 (or was it
88/89?) Ran Derby ragged for 90 minutes... and was never heard of again...

....always got him confused with Mark Robson... weren't they basically the same player??
We used to call Paul Moran 'lemon'........
🤭

A6431635-AF52-4-A86-AE1-C-346-E1486-F9-A7.jpg

E2316-F11-F36-B-4-D31-B446-828-B532-DCDAB.jpg

BA6-C52-EB-728-C-46-DE-B811-174-D81-E9950-D.jpg
Thank fuck the last one is in black and white.

:mourshock:

Yes, that's where we first met! :)

That's where we used to go before games, back in the day. I can't wait to see what they've done with it.
I haven't kept my membership card, unfortunately.
Like you, I still have my membership badge; I lent it to my friend when she got married as her 'something borrowed'.

I still have my 'life membership' card. £18.

Similar to today.

Remember it well. Molly and Mary...plus Jack and his programme hut.
As a 14 year old, went to virtually every away game with the SSC in the 78/79 season.
Recollect 700 on the train to Old Trafford for the League game. And besides the charter train to Norwich, also taking six coaches.
As clear as day can remember trooping up those wooden stairs to the top floor in Warmington House, to book away travel.

As a 14 year old, went to virtually every away game with the SSC in the 78/79 season.
Recollect 700 on the train to Old Trafford for the League game. And besides the charter train to Norwich, also taking six coaches.
As clear as day can remember trooping up those wooden stairs to the top floor in Warmington House, to book away travel.

Brilliant times mate.

Getting all misty eyed.

I didn't start travelling away until 1982/83 season, but remember Jack and his wife Kay, and he used to transport his programmes in a trolley bag :). I also remember that the snack of choice was a Wagon Wheel. I used to love away games, I'm still good friends with people that I first met on those trains. Happy days.

Also remember the other stewards, Charlie, Tom, Pete and Vic. They sometimes used to meet me and my mates after the home games in The Railway by WHL station. Also used to love drinking Long Life in the supporters club.

I'm pretty sure Andy Porter (RIP) was a steward for a while too.
Andy was one of the nicest guys you would wish to meet, a walking encyclopedia of everything Spurs. Although he was a bit shy and quiet, once you got to know him, he was really good company and had a very dry sense of humour. My first meeting with him and his friends was my first visit to St James's Park, around 1983/84. There wasn't enough of us to charter a whole train, so we had a whole carriage on a normal intercity service. We played Trivial Pursuit - the board game - first time I ever played that; funny what daft things you remember.
I was so upset to hear of his passing, and was at the game (can't remember which one it was) when the Club paid tribute to him. He was only 54, no age these days. Gone but not forgotten.

Back
Top Bottom