Richarlison

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I watch Richardson twice a year. Can anyone explain what sort of player he is?

all rounder he is quick, can dribble, pass, hold up the ball, link, score, also hyper competitive.

He doesn’t have the out and out finishing of Kane or Son or the vision of Kulu but he is strong in every area and so can play striker and winger. He would give us total cover of all attacking roles.

Meh Kinda GIF by Cultura

Good player, depth for all 3 attacking positions, and adds much needed pressing & shithousery to our attack. But nearly 60 million seems a lot. I mean it makes total sense since he's Everton's best player and vital to them, but not sure it's the best move for a club of our resources to spend a big chunk of our budget on a rotational option.

all rounder he is quick, can dribble, pass, hold up the ball, link, score, also hyper competitive.

He doesn’t have the out and out finishing of Kane or Son or the vision of Kulu but he is strong in every area and so can play striker and winger. He would give us total cover of all attacking roles.
Sounds like he would be a great signing

36 caps for Brazil - 14 goals. Quite tasty.

Good player, depth for all 3 attacking positions, and adds much needed pressing & shithousery to our attack. But nearly 60 million seems a lot. I mean it makes total sense since he's Everton's best player and vital to them, but not sure it's the best move for a club of our resources to spend a big chunk of our budget on a rotational option.
That's what the equity injection is for, let us get a bit of head room to sustain competitiveness. Plus that isn't much next to the figures that Nunes and Nkunku will go for.

What should we be spending it on then? What do we do if Sonny is out? That nullifies everyone else...EVERYONE else. And what do we do if Harry is out? And PL backlines will dread him in our lineup moreso than anyone besides Sonny because his athleticism is threat.

This seems a spectacular utilization of our limited resources because it's clearly to utilize some of our dead wood to get a better deal where we'd have no other options but to pay up elsewhere.

Sounds like he would be a great signing

36 caps for Brazil - 14 goals. Quite tasty.
He is a fucking bitch with the constant diving, but also the kind of player you never have worry about turning into another Ndombele. The kid works his bollocks off.

Wouldn't be my top pick, but it makes sense. Can play all across the front line, always puts in a shift and obviously knows the Premier League. Should look a better player still having Kane, Son, Perisic and Kulusevski in and around him instead of the chancers at Everton too.

Last edited:
51m GBP sounds about right for a proven Premier League striker.

I think any of DCL, Watson, Richarlison types go for 50m+ and Richarlison is probably the best striker not playing at top 4 (plus United) clubs.

Also Winks going the other way will shave a good chunk off that.

I wouldn't be against this.

Shithouse cunt but is a nuisance for defenders, has good personality for big games and can be flexible across the front three. And prem proven of course.

Is someone like Martinez or Isak better for 30m more and no experience in England?
I think Richarlison offers you more at RW/LW than either Isak or Lautaro.. but Lautaro in particular is much better through the middle if Kane happened to be out for any period of time.

I'd be happy with this one though.

Yeah so if he’s unlikely to meet that criteria, can’t they take the value Dele’s worth off the price off Richarlison?

Without those appearances/goals Dele remains worth 'nothing'.... Zero reason for Everton to make payment in that way.

What should we be spending it on then? What do we do if Sonny is out? That nullifies everyone else...EVERYONE else. And what do we do if Harry is out? And PL backlines will dread him in our lineup moreso than anyone besides Sonny because his athleticism is threat.

This seems a spectacular utilization of our limited resources because it's clearly to utilize some of our dead wood to get a better deal where we'd have no other options but to pay up elsewhere.

A depth player who doesn't cost over 50 million pounds. How many clubs spend money on players who will likely not be in the starting XI for that kind of money? Manchester City and who else? It's rare. I'm not saying it's a bad idea (in fact I agree with every reason you've noted about why he'd be a good signing) I'm just saying its a lot of money to spend, depending on how much we really have this season in terms of budget.

If we spend this and are still prepared to go out and sign a top class LCB & midfielder, then great. I like Richarlison a lot, he's exactly the kind of attacking player we've lacked for a while, a great pressing player who unsettles defenders and is prepared to shithouse to win.

100%

Bergwijn is going to leave as is Double bellies, if we can find a takeaway outlet short on customers..

If we get 40 to 45 million for two players who Conte doesn't fancy, one for an unknown reason and the other because he lacks professionalism, then it's good business.

And Richarlison would add pace, aggression and attacking options.

The one risk is the guy's volatility but in Conte he has a kindred spirit.

If it's a deal that can be made I hope it's one we try and make.

Back
Top Bottom