Richarlison

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

8 years as a starter at Man Utd.

Still hasn't scored 80 Prem goals yet...

Remember when he first announced himself on the scene with a few goals; a couple of years after Kane did....?. He was heralded as the new, hot English striker all set to put 'Just-a-5-season-wonder' Kane in the shade and be the prodigal son to put Man U back on top?

you-were-the-chosen-one.gif

:mourhandlaugh:

Last edited:
Shame Richy can’t get a run up top.

As another poster has commented you can slowly see confidence coming back and that would be boosted ten fold by a goal.

As another poster has commented you can slowly see confidence coming back and that would be boosted ten fold by a goal.
I just think the pressure get to him when we are expecting goals from him. He is a free spirit... he needs that. I think he is perfect for us on the left. (like he did with Everton).

He's nowhere near good enough to be a starting LW for a team fighting for the top 4; he'll never score the goals we need. However, his pressing tonight was immense, and he worked really hard. But that just isn't good enough.

He never looked like scoring.

His technique is still awful.

Just look at the moment at 1:14 in the video, when he receives a great ball from PEH. It's laughable really.

View: https://twitter.com/thfccuti/status/1716577091527856283

1st time pass to Udogie on the underlap at 30 seconds.

Can't do that if you have shit tekkers.

You are judging as a striker (goalscoring), no? He's 100% winger now. Why is no one judging Kulu by the number of goals he scores?

They are still different players with different skill sets, and it will be interesting to see just how Johnson does when fully fit but lets at least look at what they are doing in the roles that they have been asked to perform.

PlayerSpanNationPosSquadMPStartsMin90sGlsAstG+AG-PKPKPKattCrdYCrdRxGnpxGxAGnpxG+xAGPrgCPrgPPrgRGlsAstG+AG-PKG+A-PKxGxAGxG+xAGnpxGnpxG+xAG
Playing TimePerformanceExpectedProgressionPer 90 Minutes
Brennan Johnson2023wls WALFW,MF
Richarlison2023-24br BRAFWTottenham964755.3134100202.72.71.03.8814470.190.570.760.190.760.520.200.710.520.71
Dejan Kulusevski2023-24se SWEFWTottenham998018.9202200101.11.12.43.555331120.220.000.220.220.220.120.270.390.120.39
Eye test is usually better. Kulu is 10x the player..

The 3 assist he has even my grandma could make those passes. He almost fucked the easiest one to Son as well.

Eye test is usually better. Kulu is 10x the player..

The 3 assist he has even my grandma could make those passes. He almost fucked the easiest one to Son as well.
I'm using my eyes too mate, my eyes can see his pressing is sensational, that we are scoring goals as a direct result of it (amongst other attributes I wrote).

The point being made is, that in your comments you are only assessing Richy based on his lack of goals, something you fail to judge Deki on (FWIW - I don't judge either on this metric as both are contributing heavily to the team).

Watched a bit of the game back and Richarlison was good. Kinda reminds me of Joelinton a little bit, signed to be a goalscorer, but instead giving his team work ethic and link play. Most every chance we created Richarlison got involved in the build up. I really hope he scores enough to avoid fully becoming a joke figure, could be a valuable squad member if he keeps playing as he has in some games recently. Good link with Udogie.. but does make you wonder how good we could be with a proper top level LW signing.

Watched a bit of the game back and Richarlison was good. Kinda reminds me of Joelinton a little bit, signed to be a goalscorer, but instead giving his team work ethic and link play. Most every chance we created Richarlison got involved in the build up. I really hope he scores enough to avoid fully becoming a joke figure, could be a valuable squad member if he keeps playing as he has in some games recently. Good link with Udogie.. but does make you wonder how good we could be with a proper top level LW signing.
He's got more assists than Kulu.

He's got more assists than Kulu.
Yeah, it's kinda funny tbh, Kulusevski is 12th in the league for expected assists, Richarlison is 81st (the 67th ranked Spurs player).. even adjusted for minutes played, Kulusevski is 0.26 xa per 90, Richarlison is 0.10 xa per 90.

But then I guess Richarlison's assists have been one teeing up a Son tap in, and the other two short passes to assist low xg shots from outside the box. Kulusevski should have 2/3 assists to Richarlison alone if he'd only finished the chances. All of our forward players, excepting Son, need to have more conviction in front of goal.

I don't think it would be, I think he's feeling the pressure of being expected to score lots of goals, not just one to break the duck...

He scored against Sheff Utd, and set up the winner, it hasn't settled him down in front of goal at all. He needs a run of goals to get the confidence fully flowing, and even then I think he will always be patchy, where drawing a blank or missing a sitter could knock his confidence down a peg or two at any given moment.

Be interesting to know what his finishing is like in training scenarios, is he a "good" finisher who's just being burdened by expectation, or is he a poor finisher who has historically scored goals purely by virtue of being a forward?

I've not looked into it but I vaguely recall feeling that his goals pre-Spurs never seemed like clean finishing, rather scruffy goals with the odd moment of brilliance sprinkled in here and there, and of course a few penalties.

How does he get that confidence back?
Leave
Yeah, it's kinda funny tbh, Kulusevski is 12th in the league for expected assists, Richarlison is 81st (the 67th ranked Spurs player).. even adjusted for minutes played, Kulusevski is 0.26 xa per 90, Richarlison is 0.10 xa per 90.

But then I guess Richarlison's assists have been one teeing up a Son tap in, and the other two short passes to assist low xg shots from outside the box. Kulusevski should have 2/3 assists to Richarlison alone if he'd only finished the chances. All of our forward players, excepting Son, need to have more conviction in front of goal.
Surely Kulu is adding more to the team than Xa. He is relentless on that right side

Back
Top Bottom