Richarlison

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

He had a few vaguely threatening passes today but his touches were generally atrocious. Gave some absolutely criminal balls away.

There just isn’t enough technique in his game for him to really be of any consistent use. Every manager wants reliable players and this guy can’t even get his first touch right most of the time.

Last edited:
His header back on the line for Maddison (who blazed it over) was what he's all about... Chasing everything and never giving up...

That doesn't necessarily cover his limitations at finishing chances, but by fuck he's a trier... and I think Ange likes that!

I'm sure once the likes of Veliz, Johnson, Gil and even Donley start to feature more in the 1st team, Richie will slip down the pecking order, (especially if he doesn't start scoring goals to compensate!) but for now, he offers enthusiasm and willing, and it seems he's even cut out some of the shithousery, which I never really liked... He's better than that, surely?

Just needs to get a coupla goals.... He strikes me as a confidence player!

Love Richarlison the person but as a player he doesn't do it for me at all. I thought his hussle would be enough to make up for his technical limitation to give us a decent player, but I guess I was wrong.

Should ride the bench till summer before being shipped off.

Make room for someone else to give it a go and see if they're up to the job. We don't need to be doing what we did with Moura, keeping around for far too long after showing us he's to up to the job.

People are being so dramatic about him, he’s very decent and works his bollocks off. His versatility allows to play Son at striker which is a big plus because Son is horrific defensively tracking back on the wing, whereas Richarlison is elite at it.

Johnson might end up taking his starting spot, and then he becomes a very useful super sub. I actually think he’s quite good in that role, especially if we’re chasing a goal as he provides a much more direct option than Son or other forward players. Basically our only threat in the air except 19 year old Veliz.

He hasn’t lived up to the price tag yet, but he’s far from useless and in fact does a lot.

He just needs a goal for confidence He just needs a goal for confidence He just needs a goal for confidence He just needs a goal for confidence He just needs a goal for confidence He just needs a goal for confidence He just needs a goal for confidence He just needs a goal for confidence He just needs a goal for confidence He just needs a goal for confidence He just needs a goal for confidence He just needs a goal for confidence He just needs a goal for confidence He just needs a goal for confidence He just needs a goal for confidence He just needs a goal for confidence

(Gets some shite goal, two games later)

He just needs a goal for confidence He just needs a goal for confidence He just needs a goal for confidence He just needs a goal for confidence He just needs a goal for confidence He just needs a goal for confidence He just needs a goal for confidence He just needs a goal for confidence He just needs a goal for confidence He just needs a goal for confidence He just needs a goal for confidence He just needs a goal for confidence He just needs a goal for confidence He just needs a goal for confidence He just needs a goal for confidence He just needs a goal for confidence

He is probably going to end up becoming a squad player and being a sub option for winger and striker. As long as he’s fine with that, I’m happy with him. The 60m fee is not his fault and he’s just not a technical enough player to be world class… he always puts in a shift if his head is right.

It's pretty clear to see that he won’t make it at this level, he’s just not good enough. The issue we will have is that we won’t get anywhere near the £60m back if we try to sell him so he’ll end up either being loaned out or a squad player.

He was decent early but was poor as the game went on. You can clearly see it when Johnson came on.
Think, sadly he allows peripherals into his mind to easily.

He is allowing worry to enter his muscles via his mind.

Magnesium in plentiful amounts would help him, relax and release this.

Expect Johnson to get the nod next game. If he can get his head right and come through this trial, he’s an excellent sub for both Son and LWF/Johnson.

He is probably going to end up becoming a squad player and being a sub option for winger and striker. As long as he’s fine with that, I’m happy with him. The 60m fee is not his fault and he’s just not a technical enough player to be world class… he always puts in a shift if his head is right.
100% - The 60M is gone and isn’t coming back - there’s no point focusing on it now.

He will be great option of the bench particularly with a lead. He’s versatile, great at pressing - provides energy and is really good in the air. If Richy Is ok with coming off the bench, he can contribute and have a place in our squad. Seems like he’s popular and good for the dressing room as well.

So we should stop focusing on the negative. I think Johnson will be starting over Richy maybe as soon as next week. But he could have a valuable role to play as a 4th/5th attacking option.

There was nothing in his play at everton that warrented £60M, so the question is Why?
That figure hangs around his head like a noose. In some ways, it would really help if we could forget it and see him for what he is: a hard-working presser with an eye for a pass in the final third but not the killer instinct to bury the ball in the net on a regular basis; useful defensively but a man who loses it too often in the middle for my liking.

We need an upgrade that costs less and offers more (we may already have that player?) but Ange obviously sees something in him otherwise he wouldn't be getting the game time.

People are being so dramatic about him, he’s very decent and works his bollocks off. His versatility allows to play Son at striker which is a big plus because Son is horrific defensively tracking back on the wing, whereas Richarlison is elite at it.

Johnson might end up taking his starting spot, and then he becomes a very useful super sub. I actually think he’s quite good in that role, especially if we’re chasing a goal as he provides a much more direct option than Son or other forward players. Basically our only threat in the air except 19 year old Veliz.

He hasn’t lived up to the price tag yet, but he’s far from useless and in fact does a lot.

I doubt anyone would question Richarlison's effort or commitment but he cost 60 million pounds.

Nobody is being dramatic.

We need more from him or better. Means the same thing.

Elite at tracking back🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣
Please kill me now!
Let’s sign Richarlison because he’s elite at tracking back🤣
Best,funniest and most ludicrous post ever written on here👏

Why are people still going on about fees?

'This player was a snip'. 'This player cost X'. Who cares?

Richy is playing his role. He'll start against Chavs cos he presses and carries out his role.

Can see it happening a lot - Richy starts, harasses and presses when it's tight and then Brennan on to exploit tiredness.

Doubt he'll ever do 90mins but he'll start more often than not and will do what is asked of him.

Why are people still going on about fees?

'This player was a snip'. 'This player cost X'. Who cares?

Richy is playing his role. He'll start against Chavs cos he presses and carries out his role.

Can see it happening a lot - Richy starts, harasses and presses when it's tight and then Brennan on to exploit tiredness.

Doubt he'll ever do 90mins but he'll start more often than not and will do what is asked of him.

The Shane role.

Back
Top Bottom