Richarlison

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Son - Kane - Kulusevski was the best front line in the league last season, the only criticism was what would happen if one of those players got injured.

Now we have Richarlison, who can play in any of those positions to solve it.

It's a great signing. I think Kulu is class but I'm also keen to see how Son and Kane get on with Richarlison to play off. Exciting times.
I acutally think that Kane, Richarlison and Kulusevski could work better, unless we're looking at a very counterattacking playstyle.

Kulu and Richarlison could put in great defensive workrate up and down the pitch. Richarlison would be better on the end of Kulu's crosses as he's much better in the air than Son.

I acutally think that Kane, Richarlison and Kulusevski could work better, unless we're looking at a very counterattacking playstyle.

Kulu and Richarlison could put in great defensive workrate up and down the pitch. Richarlison would be better on the end of Kulu's crosses as he's much better in the air than Son.
So are we putting the Premier League Golden Boot non penalty taker winner on the bench?

:contepoint:

So are we putting the Premier League Golden Boot non penalty taker winner on the bench?

:contepoint:
No, Richarlison remains on the bench, just that when he comes on, I might prefer to take off Son.

Be nice to give son the odd game off

Not a coincidence that his dry patches come after a heavy schedule, bloke plays every game
He used to be the first one subbed by Poch, as a sprinter he definitely needs more rest than someone like Kane, who ambles about the pitch a lot more.

Quite pleased with this signing. The fact we've taken the star player from a club like Everton without fucking around too long over the price tag shows we're finally getting back to where we belong.

Hats off to Mr Levy on this one

Oh No Reaction GIF by The Great British Bake Off

Another narrative was this thing about him always being on the ground, wait until you see how much he gets kicked every game and then you'll understand. Defenders target him, to try and wind him up.
We had the exact same with Bale, and with Kane and Son to a lesser extent.

Hope you lot manage to get something out of Dele. Most of us loved him and were totally gutted at his decline.

The team is instantly better with this signing. Anyone who says otherwise is jealous. Look at the depth of Liverpool and City’s front lines. Depth is needed to compete.

We had the exact same with Bale, and with Kane and Son to a lesser extent.

Hope you lot manage to get something out of Dele. Most of us loved him and were totally gutted at his decline.
I don't think anyone knows what this deal was all about. A lot of us are unsure if Lampard wanted him, or if this was another Moshiri masterclass of being talked into a "big name" player by a 3rd party. If not, i'm struggling to see how we lineup next year.

Our team is an absolute mess. Hence the £50/60m agreement. This deal had to be done for last night, otherwise the EPL where coming for us. The end of the financial meant that we had to accept a reasonable offer, even though the club wanted in excess of £80m (whether we got that is another story)

Anyway, back to Richie; he's ace and he's loved at Goodison. I'm defo putting a tenner on him slotting at Analfield, he hates that show of shite.

Conte is building quite a team, think he'll deliver a trophy this year. Good luck for the season

After being a bit sceptical at first I really like this signing

Can rotate the front 3 now without any massive drop in quality and he also gives us something different if a team are parking the bus with his aerial threat and trickery in the box

Quality signing. Lucas and Stevie were never the quality of squad depth true contenders have.

Now, one more creative mid, and LCB and Spence finalized and it's been a great summer. 8/10.

Sign a world class right back ala perisic and it becomes 10/10.

Be nice to give son the odd game off

Not a coincidence that his dry patches come after a heavy schedule, bloke plays every game
Amazes me that people don’t understand this. There will be plenty of games next season for everyone. Better to rotate than run players into the ground and lose them during key parts of the season.

Amazes me that people don’t understand this. There will be plenty of games next season for everyone. Better to rotate than run players into the ground and lose them during key parts of the season.

Kane especially getting a break here and there will be massive. Nobody can deny that in some game he looks like he's blowing out of his arse after half an hour as we've run him into the ground. Harry is one of them players that is truly world-class when at 100% but really looks off it when he's operating at just 70-80%.

just having someone who can be compeditive as a sub for Kane is something, at least Conte is not taking Son off every match to give someone gametime

Said last season he should be a player we target so I'm pleased we got him in. In today's market, 60 million is a decent price considering he's 25 (not yet reached his peak) and is also a proven Premier League player. You would like to think that with much more talented players around him here than at Everton he will go up a level yet.

If he produces what he's capable of I wouldn't swap Kane, Son, Richarlison and Kulusevski for any other forward line in Europe.

Well its what Conte prefers thats important. Sorry lad!
I reckon this is a great signing, going to take some pressure off Kane that's for sure, freshen him up a bit!

Richarlison never gave up, despite playing with a load of drips, he always found good space but was often frustrated at the lack of skill or vision from his teammates.
In a sid ewith quality all over the pitch he will flourish and he is itching to unleash all that talent he has.

Back
Top Bottom