RIP Darren (THST)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Darren Alexander, the Joint Chairman of the THST, has passed away this afternoon (source: THST twitter).

Whatever your thoughts of the trust, Darren did so much good work for the club and it's such sad news that he's gone.

Oh wow, he has posted on this board a lot too. Tragic news.

Rest in peace, Darren.

Worked hard and listened to us younger fans when everyone else didn't give a shit. Big loss for Tottenham.

Nice little statement from the club: http://www.tottenhamhotspur.com/news/darren-alexander-070314/

"Darren, who attended his first Spurs game back in the 1970's, was a long-standing member of the Trust, being appointed a Board Member in 2004 and later going on to be named THST Joint-Chairman in 2013.

A season ticket holder since 1989, Darren was an extremely passionate member of the Club's fanbase and a regular attendee of both home and away games, as well as on our European travels.

Our heartfelt condolences go out to all his family and friends."

Fucking hell, that was unexpected. Didn't deserve all the shit he got from people. RIP.

Maybe a bit early, is there any chance of all of us being able to attend his funeral? I'd certainly like to pay my respects.

I am completely shocked by this, I've spoken to Darren on numerous occasions and was only exchanging emails with him earlier this week. He did a monumental job representing Spurs fans and is going to be a massive loss.

Does anyone one know what happened to him?

Spurs have lost quite possibly their most dedicated supporter.

RIP mate.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom