RIP Darren (THST)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Hi all Darren Alexander(42 years) was my brother in law. He passed away at around 13:00 on Friday 7th March at the Princess Royal Hospital. The had been suffering from lymphodema for some time and it is suspected that he suffered a pulmonary embolism. His family are overwhelmed by the comments people have been making. We will try and keep you informed of arrangements as they are made.

Condolences to the whole family, he will be missed.

Just got on here, got a call from a mate about midday.

Was sat behind him for the Cardiff game and knew him through 2 mutual friends. As has been said, regardless of your opinion of him and how he went about things, he tried.

Bloody hell, 42!
Regardless of certain individuals personal views, he was one of our own.
He was Spurs.

RIP Darren, condolences to your family.

One thing I would say, is that even thou I didn't agree with the way he went about things, there is no doubt in my mind that his heart was in the right place.
Why do you even need to point out that you disagreed with him? Who cares what you thought? He tried to do something for the club and fans. Just like the TFC boys here do.

Whether you agree or not with the nature of the effort is irrelevant. It might be worth considering where your energies are best spent the next time you want to gloat about your grand life, "bury" someone on the internet or mock the efforts of others. In the unlikely event that your "circles" exist, maybe the most fitting tribute to people like Darren would be for you to put some of that energy and "circle" towards doing what you think it best for the club, instead of criticising others all the time? That would be an honest and fitting tribute.

He was a regular guy who loved his club, and did so without bullshit. He was an example to fans. Others should maybe take a leaf out of his book.

RIP.

We'll plan something for the Woolwich game. Any suggestions welcome.
Shame it won't be a first team game. I suspect more at a first team game would know and join in. I suppose with Benfica out of the question the chances of that before next are now pretty slim?

Why do you even need to point out that you disagreed with him? Who cares what you thought? He tried to do something for the club and fans. Just like the TFC boys here do.

Whether you agree or not with the nature of the effort is irrelevant. It might be worth considering where your energies are best spent the next time you want to gloat about your grand life, "bury" someone on the internet or mock the efforts of others. In the unlikely event that your "circles" exist, maybe the most fitting tribute to people like Darren would be for you to put some of that energy and "circle" towards doing what you think it best for the club, instead of criticising others all the time? That would be an honest and fitting tribute.

He was a regular guy who loved his club, and did so without bullshit. He was an example to fans. Others should maybe take a leaf out of his book.

RIP.

Were not doing this here.

Last edited:
I've just emailed the below to the club, regarding doing some kind of tribute to Darren at Thursday night's match against Benfica. I will post the positive (hopefully) reply I receive.

Dear THFC

I wanted to sincerely thank you for the article that was published on Friday last week, following the extremely sad death of Darren Alexander (THST - Joint Chairman).

http://www.tottenhamhotspur.com/news/darren-alexander-070314/

I write to ask, if some kind of tribute can be done prior to the match on Thursday night against Benfica, please? I had in mind something like a minutes applause before kick-off or something similar.

I fully understand that Darren was not a famous person or a former Spurs player, however amongst fans he was a legend, did a monumental amount of work for the THST, and will be greatly missed by all of us. Darren was also probably the most loyal and dedicated Spurs supporter, I had ever met.

It would be very fitting that the club that he gave everything to for a number of years, could do something to acknowledge his very sad passing. It would be greatly appreciated by all Spurs fans if something can be done, please.

Kind regards

David Winsley

Last edited:
This is the first chance I had had to post on this thread since Friday. I put this on Teh Trunks page last night, and I'm outrun it here now.

I didn't know Darren very well, and certainly not as well as I'd like, but I sat near him in block 32 back when I still had my ST a few years back. He was the life and soul of our block, he was Spurs through and through and it was always a pitty there weren't more like him at the time as well as now. Now he has passed, it is even more so.

Hi all Darren Alexander(42 years) was my brother in law. He passed away at around 13:00 on Friday 7th March at the Princess Royal Hospital. The had been suffering from lymphodema for some time and it is suspected that he suffered a pulmonary embolism. His family are overwhelmed by the comments people have been making. We will try and keep you informed of arrangements as they are made.

I have just signed up to add my condolences. I worked with Darren for a number of years and knew him as a dedicated Spurs supporter who once helped my dad a Blackburn supporter get a ticket at WHL and he looked after him well.
I hope he gets a fitting tribute.

R.I.P Darren

Back
Top Bottom