RIP Darren (THST)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I am completely shocked by this, I've spoken to Darren on numerous occasions and was only exchanging emails with him earlier this week. He did a monumental job representing Spurs fans and is going to be a massive loss.

Does anyone one know what happened to him?

Spurs have lost quite possibly their most dedicated supporter.

RIP mate.

Suspected heart mate.

Flav Flav after the tribute to Tom I think it is only fair that there be a similar tribute at Woolwich game for Darren.

I'm presuming not, but I do not suppose there is enough time to get the message out to the Spurs fans (like myself), going to the match tomorrow to do something as a mark of respect.

He was 50 years old I think, a round of applause in the 50th minute?

It's probably too short notice I know, and not the same as doing it at the Lane in front of our own fans.

I completely agree - HOWEVER, we need to be careful so it doesnt lose its effect.
It needs to not be tokenism. Which it isnt in this case, but you know what im trying to get at...

As with the tommy thing...if you feel you should pay tribute, do so.

One thing I have heard is that his family want a massive send off, so even if you knew him loosely you will be welcome at his funeral and if you can make it, pay your last respects.

As with the tommy thing...if you feel you should pay tribute, do so.

One thing I have heard is that his family want a massive send off, so even if you knew him loosely you will be welcome at his funeral and if you can make it, pay your last respects.

Believe me, i was there for tom's send off. I clapped him in the 23'rd. i think i even caught flavs eye when he was holding up the banner... it was good and emotional..

I will do the same for darren.

I completely agree - HOWEVER, we need to be careful so it doesnt lose its effect.
It needs to not be tokenism. Which it isnt in this case, but you know what im trying to get at...

I totally agree with you mate but I think, considering what Darren did for supporters of this club or even tried to do for supporters of this club, he warrants as big a send off as we can possibly give him. People who love the club like Darren did are few and far between these days.

Understand your concerns though.

I would be surprised if there wasn't something spontaneous tomorrow.

He was pretty much one of the most well known Spurs fans there are, a cunts cunt.

I hope it is something really inappropriate, which was pretty much his MO

I'm presuming not, but I do not suppose there is enough time to get the message out to the Spurs fans (like myself), going to the match tomorrow to do something as a mark of respect.

He was 50 years old I think, a round of applause in the 50th minute?

It's probably too short notice I know, and not the same as doing it at the Lane in front of our own fans.
I think he was only 42.

Someone best check with the club. Would be good to do something at the Benfica game next week

Hi all Darren Alexander(42 years) was my brother in law. He passed away at around 13:00 on Friday 7th March at the Princess Royal Hospital. The had been suffering from lymphodema for some time and it is suspected that he suffered a pulmonary embolism. His family are overwhelmed by the comments people have been making. We will try and keep you informed of arrangements as they are made.

Hi all Darren Alexander(42 years) was my brother in law. He passed away at around 13:00 on Friday 7th March at the Princess Royal Hospital. The had been suffering from lymphodema for some time and it is suspected that he suffered a pulmonary embolism. His family are overwhelmed by the comments people have been making. We will try and keep you informed of arrangements as they are made.

Sincerest condolences mate.

Back
Top Bottom