Roberto Soldado

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I still don't understand that bit of ITK which said, "If Soldado trains on Saturday the things change and we may forfeit the first refusal agreement we have in place with Valencia".

Who: Journo
Where: SC
When: 27 July

i have been sceptical about tottenhams interest in Soldado but i've been told in the last hour that fee has now been agreed with Valencia for the striker. there is genuine interest in the madrid left back but he has lots of offers and tottenham are reluctant to deal with madrid for obvious reasons. tottenham are definitly after a left back. Luke Shaw was mention by the powers above but AVB has muted the idea. and i would not expect the spending to stop there.

Same Luke Shaw that signed a new 5 year deal with Southampton 2 weeks ago? The powers above must be fucking braindead then.

Who: Journo
Where: SC
When: 27 July

i have been sceptical about tottenhams interest in Soldado but i've been told in the last hour that fee has now been agreed with Valencia for the striker. there is genuine interest in the madrid left back but he has lots of offers and tottenham are reluctant to deal with madrid for obvious reasons. tottenham are definitly after a left back. Luke Shaw was mention by the powers above but AVB has muted the idea. and i would not expect the spending to stop there.

This guy and Roger Morgan are alright, aren't they? Both journos. Morgan works for The Daily Heil?

Same Luke Shaw that signed a new 5 year deal with Southampton 2 weeks ago? The powers above must be fucking braindead then.
Considering Shaws age and fresh breakthrough as a PL starter I suppose he got a new contract which more accurately reflects his status in the squad. Wouldn't neccesarily mean he's unavailable.

Can someone explain to me what is the fucking point in contracts when signing one that says you will stay at the club for five years, actually means "I am for sale as of now but you have to pay more".

Can someone explain to me what is the fucking point in contracts when signing one that says you will stay at the club for five years, actually means "I am for sale as of now but you have to pay more".
You answered your own question. The new contract secures the club a higher fee if the player is sold. In addition the player is kept happy if the salary matches his value in the market.

Back
Top Bottom