Roberto Soldado

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

counted_cross_stitch_pattern_zebra_head_black_wh.jpg

That'll do, thanks

You do realise that you could quite easily attribute our status in the top echelon of English football to us having players like Ginola grace the side?

You are so dense. You can't even grasp my argument. You don't even get it that I think players like Ginola are essential.

Eriksen = my Ginola.

You don't make Ginola track back or give him water carrying duties. But you also don't surround him with wet paper bags like Townsend, Defoe, soldado, Rose, naughton and Siggie to compound issues.

And you mentioned Woolwich and George Graham? In your unorigional/predictable 'just a gooner' windup you would be more accurate with Wenger era with lumps like Petit and Viera or Gilberto. At least get your eye rollingly unorigional putdowns right.

The reason Soldado IMO is useless is because he does not bring enough to the game in general to justify his lack of goals.

This is kind of off topic, but I sort of feel with one of the best goal keepers in the world we should be building a rock solid defence around him, I wouldn't mind becoming a defensive / negative team for a season, while certain players bed in and we get over some of the pastings from last season.

Yep.

Also IMO eriksen, Lamela, Ade and Kane are still plenty entertaining. Just because Ade and Kane can help us out in 50/50s, hold up the ball and make it stick along in the final third along with defending set pieces, corners and make us better attacking them does not mean they are boring.

You don't make Ginola track back or give him water carrying duties. But you also don't surround him with wet paper bags like Townsend, Defoe, soldado, Rose, naughton and Siggie to compound issues [...] The reason Soldado IMO is useless is because he does not bring enough to the game in general to justify his lack of goals.
Good points, however like others I am still hopeful that Soldado will come good. I think that the popular notion of Soldado sitting around up top not doing anything is mistaken; in his run of bad goal-scoring form he's become much more active in emulating Ade by coming deep to receive the ball, or pulling out to the wing, possibly even to the detriment of his goal-scoring chances, but then with the inability of our midfielders (apart from Eriksen) to advance the ball and provide creative attacking threat, I don't think he's had much choice but to come deep.

Pooch faces a true test in unlocking the potential of players like Lamela and Soldado.

I'm going to start doing this every time you talk about tiny dancers.

You have to realize a lot of the stick I get from people like CJJ is just froth from lost arguments regarding the problem players like Townsend, Rose, Lennon etc along with sour grapes regarding AVB.

The tiny dancers ref = Defoe, Townsend, rose, Lennon, soldado.

The dust had settled. Was I wrong? Prem Goals combined last season they probably matched one top four strikers output.

I was actually wrong about Soldado. Before the season kicked off I had faith in him. It took until winter to get me to admit he was not suited for the prem.

This. We were tied in the league for lowest number of through-balls in the league last year, the year before entirely dependent on Bale. We've hardly been the embodiment of Spursy "swashbuckling" play the last two seasons.

And AVB got the most prem points we have had with 72 points.

He just got the tiny dancer curse that stopped him from getting over the hump.

Pooch faces a true test in unlocking the potential of players like Lamela and Soldado.

Yep. But how many times do you roll the dice? I don't think we have the luxury of risking 3 players to come good. (Kane, Soldado and Lamela).

Ade, Eriksen and Kane already looked line having a good click at the end of the season despite Gonzo midfields.

Back
Top Bottom