Roberto Soldado

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I'd like to see them both playing in a 4-4-2 or a 4-4-1-1 whatever. Neither Kane or Soldado are suited to playing as a lone striker. I've got more strikers in my fridge than Tottenham, to be honest.

Lol, Joe.

I agree... they're both better with someone else, for sure. Problem is, do we have a LW to pull it off? Some folks want to see Eriksen there, but eh.. idunno. He's a bit weak defensively. Chadli is back which should help tons, but he's always seemed like more of a striker than an out and out winger to me.

We have such a hodge podge of players right now, Poch must be getting headaches with all the pidgeon-holing he's been having to do this term.

Lol, Joe.

I agree... they're both better with someone else, for sure. Problem is, do we have a LW to pull it off? Some folks want to see Eriksen there, but eh.. idunno. He's a bit weak defensively. Chadli is back which should help tons, but he's always seemed like more of a striker than an out and out winger to me.

We have such a hodge podge of players right now, Poch must be getting headaches with all the pidgeon-holing he's been having to do this term.
Don't make it any harder than it already is. :bmj:

He was carried against Everton was he? Oh Ffs I give up.

What reality are some people living in? He's been here a year and a half and you give me one game?

Okay, look at it from this perspective. I start Lamela on the right, Eriksen on the left and Kane up front. Do I play Chadli, our top scorer behind Kane, or do I play Soldado with 1 goal? It's decisions like this, against tough opposition, that get Soldado dropped. He's not better than Kane and other players offer a bigger goal threat.

You can fap over his "link up play" all you like, but the truth of it is you need goals to win a game.

You said he is carried. I said he has never been given a run of games & that strikers thrive on confidence. Are you Gibbsy in disguise?

Running in circles. He is carried because he isn't a goal threat, which makes our attacks blunt. Chadli is a goal threat. You then get to the point where you have to drop Eriksen, Kane or Chadli to fit him in, all of whom are on good form or can be dangerous.

If you give Soldado a run of games you're leaving one of those out.

Running in circles. He is carried because he isn't a goal threat, which makes our attacks blunt. Chadli is a goal threat. You then get to the point where you have to drop Eriksen, Kane or Chadli to fit him in, all of whom are on good form or can be dangerous.

If you give Soldado a run of games you're leaving one of those out.
Running round in circles indeed. Leave it there cos I can't be arsed arguing the toss on this. I will support Soldado & any other player who gives a shit for the club. he has been disappointing but will I give up on him? Not while he plays in our colours & gives it his best.

I'm well aware of what prolific means. I find the importance of Kane's goals, though (barely) fewer in number, to be greater than the pens Soldado put away in a year almost every supporter would like to forget. They mean far more to both the club and supporters than anything Soldado has done.

Somehow you're claiming that Soldado is more successful than Kane based on getting a greater number of chances to put them away one on one with a keeper from 12 yards out and it's absolutely laughable. Kane has clearly shown more talent and drive since being involved. Soldado has been nothing short of an absolute bust. Scoring a few penalties under AVB won't ever change the fact that he really, really hasn't looked good under any manager.

You're just arguing numbers that don't tell the full story, like always.

You say you know what prolific means, but bleat on about how Kane is more talented and how you think he's amazing and soldado is not. Absolutely sod all to do with the point I made that you mocked.

You're either arguing a point that wasn't made, or you really don't understand the concept of prolificacy.

oh yeah the one against the worst team in Russia.

A hat trick against vastly inferior competition < scoring goals from open play in the league-- something he couldn't do under AVB or Timmy.

Again, you're arguing against your own tripe though some sort of pathological denial here.

You said

"Soldado's ultra super omega amazing fantastic penalties didn't do shit in regards to providing any kind of stability for the team and they didn't do shit for his confidence"

He was scoring in open play for AVB after his penalties in the league, so I couldn't care less who they are against, he was scoring more goals in open play around the time he was scoring penalties. We were also better in the league under AVB in terms of position and points, so arguing that the goals provided no stability or confidence is stupid as it has absolutely no foundation at all.

Of course you probably realise that, hence the need to exaggerate a point with swear words.

Again, you're arguing against your own tripe though some sort of pathological denial here.

You said

"Soldado's ultra super omega amazing fantastic penalties didn't do shit in regards to providing any kind of stability for the team and they didn't do shit for his confidence"

He was scoring in open play for AVB after his penalties in the league, so I couldn't care less who they are against, he was scoring more goals in open play around the time he was scoring penalties. We were also better in the league under AVB in terms of position and points, so arguing that the goals provided no stability or confidence is stupid as it has absolutely no foundation at all.

Of course you probably realise that, hence the need to exaggerate a point with swear words.

Two years and he hasn't done jack shit, CJ... that's all that needs to be said. You're arguing for a reality that simply doesn't exist. If AVB was so successful, why was he fired? (Because his season and his brand of football were, ultimately, unsuccessful). Again, you're just arguing numbers without context. LIKE ALWAYS. And it's meaningless. The fact of the matter is, Soldado isn't good enough. No amount of hat tricks against bum fuck Anzhi Makcmoakockokakla in the europa league group stage is going to change that.... they DIDN'T change that. It happened. It's fact. League goals from open play, something he has completely failed to do since his transfer, will... but he's never looked like putting those in consistently.

pathological denial-- Yes... a great way to describe how you feel about Soldado.

hahah... because I use swearwords? Okay, Maud. It's funny when people think they gain some kind of agency for pointing out that someone curses.

I probably should rise to your post, but I'll say my piece..

Two years and he hasn't done jack shit, CJ... that's all that needs to be said. You're arguing for a reality that simply doesn't exist.

it's not even been close to 2 years

If AVB was so successful, why was he fired? (Because his season and his brand of football were, ultimately, unsuccessful). Again, you're just arguing numbers without context. LIKE ALWAYS. And it's meaningless.

I didn't say AVB was successful, I said Soldado was more profilic under him than any other striker we've got now. The numbers have context, it doesn't look good if you can't see that talking about Soldado's goals in Soldado's thread in relation to how Soldado allegedy didn't score said goals after scoring penalties....

The fact of the matter is, Soldado isn't good enough. No amount of hat tricks against bum fuck Anzhi Makcmoakockokakla in the europa league group stage is going to change that.... they DIDN'T change that.

Sherwood came in just a game or two later, incidentally that's when the lack of goals started for Soldado.

It happened. It's fact. League goals from open play, something he has completely failed to do since his transfer, will... but he's never looked like putting those in consistently.

I don't give a shit whether they're from penalties, free kick or outer space. As long as they count, that's all that matters. The points he gained for us through the goals everyone dismisses were massively important to our season, just as much as Adebayor's.

Okay, Maud. It's funny when people think they gain some kind of agency for pointing out that someone curses.

How about bold font?

I probably should rise to your post, but I'll say my piece..

it's not even been close to 2 years

I didn't say AVB was successful, I said Soldado was more profilic under him than any other striker we've got now. The numbers have context, it doesn't look good if you can't see that talking about Soldado's goals in Soldado's thread in relation to how Soldado allegedy didn't score said goals after scoring penalties....

Sherwood came in just a game or two later, incidentally that's when the lack of goals started for Soldado.

I don't give a shit whether they're from penalties, free kick or outer space. As long as they count, that's all that matters. The points he gained for us through the goals everyone dismisses were massively important to our season, just as much as Adebayor's.

How about bold font?

People dismiss them because, believe it or not, there's a human side to football that exists outside of jerking off to numbers. It hurts to watch Soldado miss chance after chance after chance after chance. No one (outside of you I guess) wants to watch that wasteful shit anymore. You can continue to argue that scoring a few penalties under AVB means something, but the past is the past and they very clearly didn't mean shit-- Spurs are still in the same hole they were last season. Nothing has changed. Again, in your parlance, seems to me like you're in some kind of pathological denial about Soldado's contributions to the club-- which have been next to nothing.

Now run along, I'm sure there's someone cursing somewhere else on this forum that you need to give a stern reprimanding to.

People dismiss them because, believe it or not, there's a human side to football that exists outside of jerking off to numbers. It hurts to watch Soldado miss chance after chance after chance after chance. No one (outside of you I guess) wants to watch that wasteful shit anymore.

You'll find you're in the minority here - we have a few people who actually watch sports in real life on here, not just on a stream.

To judge what? Soldado missing a sitter if Im in the stadium is the same outcome as him missing one if Im watching on tv.

I think you've lost the plot today mate.

Lol. There's no "sitters" and if you were there in the stands you'd see just how the TV misrepresents the football that actually happens on the pic. There's no slow motion, no time to think, no high up angles making the pitch look massive. It's fast paced with congested areas of the pitch and split second decisions.

Back
Top Bottom