Roberto Soldado

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Well be fair, he couldn't hit a horses arse with a banjo at the moment, I'll take an assist.

In all seriousness though, despite his atrocious form he's still managed to get 4 goals and 4 assists in all comps and plays his heart out. I think he's at the end of the road and We need another option, but I'll not take the piss out of him compared to some of the complete messes we've had up front for us in recent times.

Fair enough. Yeah he's likable, but he's when you are actually worse than Rasiak, for 400 times the price, I just dont get the sympathy.

Fair enough. Yeah he's likable, but he's when you are actually worse than Rasiak, for 400 times the price, I just dont get the sympathy.
Rasiak was a Championship level player who thought he was a superstar (and said so). Soldado was a CL level player who has completely lost it but is still trying his heart out for the team every week. I don't know about anyone else but seeing his own disappointment every week it'd be like kicking a dog to slate him, the poor cunt knows how bad he's playing.

As for Rasiak, that prick never scored a goal for us and was truly an awful player.

Rasiak was a Championship level player who thought he was a superstar (and said so). Soldado was a CL level player who has completely lost it but is still trying his heart out for the team every week. I don't know about anyone else but seeing his own disappointment every week it'd be like kicking a dog to slate him, the poor cunt knows how bad he's playing.

As for Rasiak, that prick never scored a goal for us and was truly an awful player.

Like I said, fair enough...there are plenty who play their hearts out but are not good enough, but not every player gets eternal sympathy because they look sad.

Defoe, Gomes, Parker, Dawson etc all done a million times more for this club than Soldado has or ever will, but non were afforded such a relentless outpouring of optimism followed by hope, followed by desperation followed by excuse after excuse after excuse, followed by breaking hearts and tear jerking.

He's not a kitten that got beaten by a teenage gang. The only thing truely suffering is THFC.

I get people want him to score. I think we all do. Just that some know he wont be that striker, and saw it over a year ago so they are immune to their disappointment by now. I expect misses like yesterday.

I will never get the group hug mentality that surrounds him though. He's shit. Thats all there is.

I've never spoken out about any of those players mate. Not even Gomes as I think he had proper issues.

Ade on the other hand is just about he laziest fucker I've ever seem in a Spurs shirt. Good player when you can finally get him back from his extended holidays...

Or 2yrds out.......

FA-oversized-goals.png

........if the goal was this big
He hit the bar.....

There's a difference between discussing whether someone better should be brought in,
or whether it's worth keeping on supporting the guy while he's here.

For as long as we've got him, I'll be rooting for him to come good, and making that known to him. That used to be why we were called supporters...

Would you rather we jeered and booed him instead ??

There's a difference between discussing whether someone better should be brought in,

For as long as we've got him, I'll be rooting for him to come good, and making that known to him. That used to be why we were called supporters...

No one jeers and boos him - he gets big support at the ground. People can discuss what they like on here can't they? I've supported him by the way, but you've got to see the funny side.

Do you feel the same way about Ade?

this soldado argument is so old -- been the same since the first month he's been here. surprising so many people on here just don't want to admit it was a failed transfer. i propose we all just recognize it and get the hell over it, as he'll ;likely be gone in the summer to provide us with enough wage wiggle room to buy a striker that can actually score goals.

Be careful you don't end up wrong on the Internet - no worse fate

Rather celebrate his misses on here - much easier

:soldadolol:

Im fuming at every miss and how shit he is personally.
I can't help but agree with both sides of the argument. I do appreciate Soldado as a "character" or whatever you wanna call it and I do think he is a decent footballer overall. But I can't keep on making excuses for his complete inability to score goals - which is why we bought him in the first place! It's getting painfully obvious that he'll never "click" in Spurs.

Back
Top Bottom