Roberto Soldado

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

My eyes watered, as it was like watching a long series where the underdog finally gets the happy ending. At least it felt like it.

I blame Sherwood for a lot of Soldado's downfall. It felt like he didn't want him to succeed at the time, and seem to remember he dropped or subbed him everytime he got into any form.
Yep, scored against Cardiff, dropped for the next game. I think he was dropped after the Everton game?

So with all his money, and the input of his wife. With all the art in the world to chose from, the best the brain dead pair of vapid twats could come up with was a badly painted image of themselves?

I hate footballers, I really do.

Down to personal taste. I've done portraits for plenty of people who don't really like art, but want a picture of something or someone important to them.

It's all well and good suggesting they go for a bit of Edvard Munch, but it's just not everyone's thing. It can be person.

Wouldn't be the first or last time someone with money paid an 'artiste' for a shit picture of themselves, though.

Down to personal taste. I've done portraits for plenty of people who don't really like art, but want a picture of something or someone important to them.

It's all well and good suggesting they go for a bit of Edvard Munch, but it's just not everyone's thing. It can be person.

Wouldn't be the first or last time someone with money paid an 'artiste' for a shit picture of themselves, though.

Yes, Cromwell told his portrait painter to paint him 'warts and all' and so a phrase was born. Fair play to the old murderer I say.

Fair dos but it's nice to see a bit of TFC creativity . I'm sure no one would be harsh. What style do you paint?

Acrylic on canvas. I knackered up my wrist playing in goal when I was a bit younger (multiple fractures), so my hand tends to tremor unless supported, so I moved from oils to acrylics because they dry within 10 mins, meaning I can rest my hand on the paint without issue (oils take weeks to dry). If that makes sense.

As much as I would like to be able to paint in a more 'artistic' style (or so some would say), I ended up in the habit of more traditional portraits - probably because I studied Rembrandt and Singer Sargent in school. When you then move into acrylics, it's hard to get the same soft blends, so I just ended up in sort of my own thing. It's not something I do regularly, as I can tend to knuckle down into anything I do and spend all of my free time until its done (including jigsaw puzzles, which I'm banned from doing at home now by the mrs lol).

This was my Soldado, done when I had 2 days off around Christmas a couple of years ago. Others would take me 3 or 4 weeks, although I have taken 2 or 3 years to do some.

B5igMERIIAAbUFk.jpg

That's as far as I got with that one, a lot of mine tend to be black backgrounds with minimal detail outside of faces.

Edit: Based off this photo, which I think was against cardiff

Roberto-Soldado.jpg

Acrylic on canvas. I knackered up my wrist playing in goal when I was a bit younger (multiple fractures), so my hand tends to tremor unless supported, so I moved from oils to acrylics because they dry within 10 mins, meaning I can rest my hand on the paint without issue (oils take weeks to dry). If that makes sense.

As much as I would like to be able to paint in a more 'artistic' style (or so some would say), I ended up in the habit of more traditional portraits - probably because I studied Rembrandt and Singer Sargent in school. When you then move into acrylics, it's hard to get the same soft blends, so I just ended up in sort of my own thing. It's not something I do regularly, as I can tend to knuckle down into anything I do and spend all of my free time until its done (including jigsaw puzzles, which I'm banned from doing at home now by the mrs lol).

This was my Soldado, done when I had 2 days off around Christmas a couple of years ago. Others would take me 3 or 4 weeks, although I have taken 2 or 3 years to do some.

B5igMERIIAAbUFk.jpg

That's as far as I got with that one, a lot of mine tend to be black backgrounds with minimal detail outside of faces.

Roberto-Soldado.jpg
That's very nice, but it's totally spoiled by the fact that the line on the pitch is in the wrong fucking position...fucking mug...

That's very nice, but it's totally spoiled by the fact that the line on the pitch is in the wrong fucking position...fucking mug...

I wasn't really happy with that bit, but without the pitch he looked like a ballet dancer, and with the white line in the right place I recall that it just didn't look right.

It's not sealed, so may decided to add some background in the future if I get bored.

B5igMERIIAAbUFk.jpg

Roberto-Soldado.jpg
I think it's great, you should do more

I think it's great, you should do more

Like I said, the Soldado one especially is worthless.

Mrs doesn't want them on the walls, no one wants to buy them at cost (canvasses aren't cheap) so they just end up in the loft or garage, unfortunately.

Like I said, the Soldado one especially is worthless.

Mrs doesn't want them on the walls, no one wants to buy them at cost (canvasses aren't cheap) so they just end up in the loft or garage, unfortunately.

Maybe it's a bit like Dorian Grey but goals instead of age?

Can you do a Costa, Sanchez & Walnut one?

Back
Top Bottom