Roberto Soldado

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I like everybody who wears the glorios lilywhite shirt, thus meaning i might be annoyed hes not what weve expected, but hes still our player.

:vdvshh:

I know it keeps being said but you just feel he needs a goal to kick start his career here, I think Adebayor having a purple patch alleviates some of the pressure on Soldado.

You're quite right - his career prior to this and excellent scoring record of almost 90 goals in the last 3 seasons never happened, I guess. I haven't laid 'praise' on him, btw - only commended his good link-up play and made reference to previous precedents

That is only 'evidence' he's in poor form right now and no conclusive factual evidence he'll never improve on that

Yes, and Vidic used to be the most feared defender in the premier league... your point is???

Again, I hope Soldado gets out of this rut just as much as you, but all I'm asking for are decent examples of him being a match winner for us and you can't do it. In fact, you haven't once been able to stick to one reason or one argument as to why you continue to praise an under performing striker instead of an over exemplary first time manager at a top 5 club in a top 3 league.

Oh, ok.. so where is your proof Soldado will start scoring bags and bags of goals for us? Soldado isn't strong, he's not fast; as a lone striker, he has no hold up play so he needs a partner. He just doesn't look suited to the premier league. The only damn thing I have liked about his play in the past few months is the elbow he threw last night... where is that passion and ruthlessness when he's in front of goal? That kind of fire and toughness is what he needs to be reflecting when he's taking on center backs, not chasing a ball out of bounds.

OH, AND BTW, PAL:

com·mend
verb\kə-ˈmend\
: to praise (someone or something) in a serious and often public way

in your parlance, jog on

I think Soldado will have a class season next year, as well as Lamela. They've been slated this season so far, harsh on Lamela as he's been injured but they've both proven how good they are. You don't become an awful player over night. Soldado has showed glimpses of what he can do, he just needs that one match to get him going. Lamela needs a run of games when fit to get him into the stride of the EPL.

We definitely need another striker in for next season, but someone who has EPL experience, ain't gonna come cheap, but it'll be worth it in the long run.

Hernandez: proven goal scorer, an I think if you offered him first team football every week he'd jump at it. Not to sort of player to run at defences but would score 20+ a season with the service we can provide.

Balotelli - unbelievable talent, sometimes goes missing and temper can get the better of him (Adebayor like) but can win you games. I think he'll cost too much, and would want more than we can offer!

Morata - Short of it. Not what we need. No experience and not proven scoring goals.

Dzeko - class, but sometimes looks lazy and not bothered. If he played weekly that may be different. Could easily score 20+ a year but would cost a lot!

Others I'd like.. Jackson Martinez, Remy or Benteke.. All have pro's and cons but gotta take a gamble in football.

Top player. Did everything right the other night except score. Always liked him, always will support him. This season isn't a right off for him. I feel he's getting better. I also feel a high tempo game would suit him. Its time to come good. Benfica will be interesting?

In a season so drab and dull Bobby's goal today is probably one of few moments I will take and remember in years to come. Realise it seems silly in a 1 0 win against a side 19th in the league but the roar from the crowd when he scored was memorable. We have been so lifeless as a team and as fans at home this season but for that moment it was exciting being at the lane. Thanks Bobby :soldadolol:

BhwGkU_IQAAFboZ.jpg

MOTD2 - puntwits - x players of two teams above us. Talking a laungage, that appears to be bollocks about Soldado and Ade and the way they play. Talk about looking to put the Preasure on. As Ive said before, if we get a sniff at 4th sport, the big 5 close rank. In this cars the Scum and the red gits.. I think the Scum are worried?

MOTD2 - puntwits - x players of two teams above us. Talking a laungage, that appears to be bollocks about Soldado and Ade and the way they play. Talk about looking to put the Preasure on. As Ive said before, if we get a sniff at 4th sport, the big 5 close rank. In this cars the Scum and the red gits.. I think the Scum are worried?
I'm sorry, what?

Really !love this wee fella. Always try his heart out and you know he's got what, it takes. Hope we keep him. If he hit a streak he'd be frightening

Back
Top Bottom