Rodrigo Bentancur

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

So impressed with him yesterday.. Can't get too carried away yet but looks like he has got that bit of technical ability we are desperately missing..

Obviously doesn't mind getting stuck in either. Looking forward to seeing more of him!

Hey, Uruguayan here AMA, hope you guys are less entitled then the Juve fans, Bentancur is not only a great player, hes never Injured, hes a team first type of guy, low profile family guy, a true proffessional.

I havent been following the PL much lately, but now that my boy is here, ill watch every game.
That’s fucked that then

Yeh Bentancur looks bloody good, you let him go and also dropped the ball on Romero. Obviously we are happy to take them.
Bentancur was harmed by Sarri with his fucking game. Then with Pirlo things did not improve because there was always this stupid restart from the bottom. Bentancur made a serious mistake against Porto in CL. However, we are talking about an excellent player who is 24 years old and has a great international experience. Romero was a Juventus mistake: he was bought by Genoa and left on loan then given to Atalanta with the right to redeem at a lower cost. Eventually Atalanta redeemed him at a low price and then sold it to you at a high price. Bentancur and Kulusevski are excellent (and young) players: their departure is due to a need to change.

Very composed under pressure at the edge of our own box. Seemed to be strong winning the ball back. He didn’t try any particularly difficult passes, but always seemed to calmly pick out the right option. Looks real promising IMO.

Loved how tight he seemed able to get to Bissouma, without fouling.

Hey, Uruguayan here AMA, hope you guys are less entitled then the Juve fans, Bentancur is not only a great player, hes never Injured, hes a team first type of guy, low profile family guy, a true proffessional.

I havent been following the PL much lately, but now that my boy is here, ill watch every game.

Really enjoyed reading your post pal.
Welcome Aboard Hasan Minhaj GIF by Patriot Act

Early days, Bentancur clearly looks a upgrade on our midfield. A starter for me, when he settles down.

Hojbjerg not been great this season but of late since turn of the year, I think Hobjerg has upped his game - I can see Conte pairing Bentancur with Hojbjerg - 2 functional players who will be the engine room for others. As much as I want to see more of Skipp, I think he might be the one to mostly miss out action due to Bentancur arrival.

Winks will be used if we play 3 man midfield or whenever we need that extra bit of creativity
It's just great now that we can rotate a 2 of Bentancur/Skipp/PEH with not much drop off in quality rather than relying on wasters like Gio, Dele and Ndombele.

As I previously said have seen a fair bit of Bentancur and he will be our stand out midfielder going forward. Very composed and tactically astute midfielder

Only a brief cameo, but looks like he could become a real force in central midfield - and a bigger influence than Ndombele and Lo Celso combined, so Bentacur looks a big upgrade for the squad.

Decent competition in CM now with Bentacur joining Skipp, Hojbjerg and Winks.

Obviously still can’t make an assessment, but I feel there is less pressure on him than Kulu. A bit more experience and less spotlight doing the dirty work in midfield. I think it’s a good Scott Parker type signing.

Back
Top Bottom