Rodrigo Bentancur

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Whoever comes into our midfield and looks half competent will always get OTT praise because it's been so fucking shit for ages we are literally starved of someone decent who can play there.
I get that

But comments like saying that our midfield is sorted for years to come with Skipp and Bentancur is just silly and sets false expectations

It was a decent 20 mins and fingers crossed both him and kulesevski are successes but i just think it’s a bit childish getting carried away from such a small sample size at this point

But ofcourse that means I am being negative

Such is the nature of this place

I get that

But comments like saying that our midfield is sorted for years to come with Skipp and Bentancur is just silly and sets false expectations

It was a decent 20 mins and fingers crossed both him and kulesevski are successes but i just think it’s a bit childish getting carried away from such a small sample size at this point

But ofcourse that means I am being negative

Such is the nature of this place

Football fans getting carried away, no way :eek:

Literally just realized right now it's Bentancur not Betancur
John C Reilly Seriously GIF

I literally just realized right now that it's Bentancur and not Betancur.

Conte clearly understands that ability is simply not enough in the EPL you need to be physical and resilient as well .... Bentancur and Kulu look to have that physical presence. It's pretty obvious that Conte is relishing the 'extra' challenge the EPL brings. Let's hope he's right, certainly on the brief outing yesterday Bentancur is going to get the attention of lightweight opposition ... Bissouma certainly now knows who he is.
I agree, I think for a coach like Conte, the physical part of the game is still pretty important. So yes, in that respect, Bryan is light. But look at guys like Mahrez or B Silva at City. They're midgets and as light as feathers. But because they're so clever and read the game so much quicker than their opponents, in the end it doesn't matter that they'll get pushed to the ground when challenged by a robust defender....cause that challenge won't even take place in the first instance.

Bryan has that type of football in him and I think he deserves a chance to show it off next season.

Bentancur was harmed by Sarri with his fucking game. Then with Pirlo things did not improve because there was always this stupid restart from the bottom. Bentancur made a serious mistake against Porto in CL. However, we are talking about an excellent player who is 24 years old and has a great international experience. Romero was a Juventus mistake: he was bought by Genoa and left on loan then given to Atalanta with the right to redeem at a lower cost. Eventually Atalanta redeemed him at a low price and then sold it to you at a high price. Bentancur and Kulusevski are excellent (and young) players: their departure is due to a need to change.
bentancur had the best season of his career with sarri.
romero was a top signing but chiellini and bonucci are the leaders of the squad, and there is also de ligt so he wouldn't have space to play
that's the story to be honest

Hey, Uruguayan here AMA, hope you guys are less entitled then the Juve fans, Bentancur is not only a great player, hes never Injured, hes a team first type of guy, low profile family guy, a true proffessional.

I havent been following the PL much lately, but now that my boy is here, ill watch every game.
I've been hoping a Uruguayan fan would talk about him. I wouldn't be surprised if all the Juve fans mugging the 2 we signed off weren't even Italians

bentancur had the best season of his career with sarri.
romero was a top signing but chiellini and bonucci are the leaders of the squad, and there is also de ligt so he wouldn't have space to play
that's the story to be honest
You're right about Sarri's season, I got confused with the fact of the COVID stop. However in my opinion it is an excellent prospect, with potential. I repeat: at 24 he already has a lot of experience and has been Uruguay’s national team for years.

On the defense the problem was on the fourth central defender: Rugani. He has a high salary and it was not possible to sell him.

One word to describe Bentancur........CLASS.
I don’t know about Kulusevski as he is just 21 and hasn’t played that much. If Conte wants him that will do for me.
Together with Son and especially Romero fit again we can certainly improve for the rest of the season.
Somehow we managed to get 36 pts after half a season, 19 games. Repeat that or better and we should be in CL.

Bentancur is not only a great player, hes never Injured, hes a team first type of guy, low profile family guy, a true proffessional.

I like what you wrote about him being low profile. It's a breath of fresh air in this squad. I don't need badge kissing instagram heros.

I'm hoping by next season Skipp and Bentacur can be the quiet professionals in the middle that other teams hate playing against.

I agree, I think for a coach like Conte, the physical part of the game is still pretty important. So yes, in that respect, Bryan is light. But look at guys like Mahrez or B Silva at City. They're midgets and as light as feathers. But because they're so clever and read the game so much quicker than their opponents, in the end it doesn't matter that they'll get pushed to the ground when challenged by a robust defender....cause that challenge won't even take place in the first instance.

Bryan has that type of football in him and I think he deserves a chance to show it off next season.
Completely agree but he seems to be an old fashioned left winger rather than a central player or wide right attacker

What stuck out to me is that every time he got the ball he was looking to advancing it quickly without taking too many touches.

Conte loves a ball winning midfielder who progresses the ball quickly. It's not always the heroic pass that leads to goal scoring opportunities, ball moves quicker than the man. Progress it quickly and give the attacking players the opportunity to exploit open space before the defense can recover.

Back
Top Bottom