Roll Call for Fans Never giving a Penny to ENIC again

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

So pretty much no more football for you ever, obviously this is your last post on a website that advertises Spurs merchandise via Google ads, in fact the entire internet is pretty much off limit for you as google ads are everywhere - are you a man of your word? or are you as ever full of hot air?

The only way you can be evenly remotely true to your word is close your account and go .... actions speak louder than meaningless false promises.
Nah, he was ok doing that… zero shekels leaving his pocket

"comparative succes"

Fucking hell.

They wiped the floor with us, including stealing our captain, winning doubles and taking the title at our ground.

When the hell did these people start following Spurs?
That’s what he said… irrelevant if he started supporting from this morning. Best laugh I had was introducing a bloke at work to a scouser. “ this is Daniel, he supports citeh… started following them about six months ago “

Do you have to be so antagonistic each time you post? Do you actually listen to what people say or are you just looking to put down anyone that takes a stand against the ownership (not spurs) For a Spurs fan to take a step back after near 40 years of supporting is extremely hard, why the animosity towards that? It would be easier to also stick our heads in the sand and pretend that things will be better next 20 years, the reality learning from history we will continue as the nearly men setting record profits, moving further up the club rich list and finding new property or non footballing ventures to invest the football income on.
Also I advise you to take time out to listen on THST podcast on what Levy said about fans regarding non consultation on the ESL but if you prefer not to I would summarize it for you, he thinks fans are dumbasses, let’s not prove him right. Tottenham ownership is a microcosm of society, the wealthy few dividing and conquering, we as fans have much more in common and these chancers don’t deserve your unwavering support, at the very least they should be held accountable for their many failures and questionable motives.

People who say what?

That they're not happy our club, who haven't won the title for 60 years, have just had it's best decade in our history? The most top six finishes in ten years that we've ever had .... isn't that just a bit entitled?

That have gone from near bankruptcy in the 90's to one of the best run clubs in the world?

That now have one of the best stadiums in the world?

That reached its first ever C? Final?

That will have spent more on new players in the last three years than any other three years in our history?

Are those the thing you're so unhappy about?

Or is the reality that you'd rather be a money-laundering classless club run by oligarchs and despots - who cares as long as you win a few trophies? Is that really what you think all decent Spurs fans want?

I'd take another 60 years of trying to do things the right way rather than sell our soul to the highest bidder - but maybe that's just me.

I bet we never finished above Woolwich in the league in the 90’s.
Yes, we did. Twice. In 92/93, we finished 8th compared to their 10th and beat them home and away (although that achievement is somewhat diminished by them winning both domestic cups and knocking us out in the FA Cup semi-final). We also finished 7th compared to their 12th in 94/95 which was in no small part down to them being without a manager for the last third of the season.

People who say what?

That they're not happy our club, who haven't won the title for 60 years, have just had it's best decade in our history? The most top six finishes in ten years that we've ever had .... isn't that just a bit entitled?

That have gone from near bankruptcy in the 90's to one of the best run clubs in the world?

That now have one of the best stadiums in the world?

That reached its first ever C? Final?

That will have spent more on new players in the last three years than any other three years in our history?

Are those the thing you're so unhappy about?

Or is the reality that you'd rather be a money-laundering classless club run by oligarchs and despots - who cares as long as you win a few trophies? Is that really what you think all decent Spurs fans want?

I'd take another 60 years of trying to do things the right way rather than sell our soul to the highest bidder - but maybe that's just me.
Sounds like you have discovered eternal youth if you are planning on another 60 years

Why do you think Uncle Joe lives in the Bahamas rather than Cuba?

For the tidy streets and timely public transport?

OMFG

I have to confess that we bought food and drink in the stadium at the Man City game :oops:, too damn convenient.
:levywhoa:
Embarrassed Shame GIF

How does the under cover attempt to leave English football and join the European money league correlate with your idea of selling our soul and doing things the right way?

If Spurs were owned by the Kroenkes and the club was being run this way, I think there would be widespread uproar at the treatment of the club.

One of the most liked coaches in decades not backed in 2 transfer windows = uproar

Prioritisation of an NFL focused stadium over football squad = uproar

A minuscule net spend this summer (if any?) = uproar

Highest season ticket prices in league = uproar

Imagine if it was a corporation other than Levy and ENIC doing this. Some fans treat ENIC like a long term relationship where one partner let's the other get away with murder because they've been half decent in previous years.

If Spurs were owned by the Kroenkes and the club was being run this way, I think there would be widespread uproar at the treatment of the club.

One of the most liked coaches in decades not backed in 2 transfer windows = uproar

Prioritisation of an NFL focused stadium over football squad = uproar

A minuscule net spend this summer (if any?) = uproar

Highest season ticket prices in league = uproar

Imagine if it was a corporation other than Levy and ENIC doing this. Some fans treat ENIC like a long term relationship where one partner let's the other get away with murder because they've been half decent in previous years.
wait till you see braithwaite unveiled and gary cahill

Could be, but as above I think relocations may be a bigger reason.

Southstand behind the goal, Row 20, we stood the whole game and plenty of rows behind as well. I dont think that was the case before, with people moaning about others standing in front of them.. So, maybe the moaners have buggered off somewhere else.

The stewards not being over zealous probably helps alot as well.

Early days though, lets see how it goes.
Yeah hopefully the grumblers have all relocated

pretty thick getting a ticket in there unless you don’t mind standing

Back
Top Bottom