Romford at Home: The 'insert name here' derby

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

The fact that you have to write 'face value' next to £48.00 for a ticket v West Ham so people don't think you're ripping them off tells me everything I need to know about modern football.

It's more of a savage indictment of modern society.

Glad Gallas is not starting today. He has been poor in the last few games.

Now lets spank Wet Spam and get our season back on track!

Just what we needed before half-time. West Ham can't sit back and park the bus quite as much, they'll be searching for the equalizer. If the game becomes more open then it should favor Spurs' quality.

AVB just needs to keep the boys playing attacking football, don't protect a single goal lead.

We're at 84% passing on the half, which is met by what we see on the pitch, namely a whole lot of possession. The incomplete short passes are all well in Spammer territory (32/50 complete)

Caulker leading in passing (30/32), with Jan, Tom, Daws, and Clint behind. All of them have only 2 or 3 errant passes so far. Clint leads in the attacking third with 9/10 (well, Carroll does, but...). Bale is 6/9. Our crossing hasn't been super sharp, after all...

Um, what we see in those chalkboards is that Huddlestone is moving the ball around a lot, but mostly sideways, while not participating a lot in defense and taking speculative shots from very far out.

Sandro is passing less and shorter, but he's picking up fouls (white triangles), getting interceptions (green diamonds), putting up blocks (grey bar). Orange 0s are successful clearances (claret = failed). Orange carets are successful aerial duels. Sandro is getting well beaten there… Orange X is a successful tackle.

Let's see a Dempsey graphic please Éperons Éperons
ARST9.png

Yellow vector is the assist. Clint's winning nearly nothing in the air and has committed two as well as suffered one fouls.

What I was mostly focusing on was the couple of balls Sandro played forward that led to chances...whereas THudd to that point had not been so creative.
Yeah, sadly those chalkboards don't indicate "chances created" or whatever, which Opta does also track. So it's hard to see how valuable passes were (as not every pass forward is created equal), since other than assists, we don't know what the result of the next touch is...

But to me, Sandro was just getting into the mix more.

Great result today, delighted to get the three points. Very impressed with Lloris again and I think Dempsey finally put a shift in today, really happy to see him play well, hopefully that will be the start of whats to come. Bale and Defoe could have each had a hat trick.

Good to be back level with the scum and a good performance to go with the result which I hope we can take into the next game against Liverpool! COYS!

I was at the game today, but this line on the BBC match commentary is like music to my ears, and made it so much less nervous in the last 5 minutes.

"Tottenham have decided that attack is the best way of defending their 3-1 lead. Jermain Defoe and then Gareth Bale draw good saves from Jussi Jaaskelainen in the West Ham goal."

:vert: :kaboullol:

Back
Top Bottom