Rudiger claims he heard monkey chants

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I don’t read the Mail, so I’m not up to date. Has he written anything about the Chelsea/Son/arrests etc of does that not fit his narrative?
No just that Rudigers claim was corroborated by a Spurs fan and that victims of racism should not be blamed but supported. But the blog post is even better it points out that bad faith actors have made out Rudiger has"form" because the inquiry surrounding him in Itay found nothing whilst failing to mention he did not report that incident.

My comment was directed as to the reasons why I think the thread should be locked as opposed to the issue itself irrespective as long as it remains open it’s obvious all including those like me that think it should be locked are able to comment

There was 1 man in the stadium making monkey gestures for sure.

Untitled.png

Making this gesture suggested to me he saw this aimed at him - and reported such to the world.
From what I have seen, it doesn't appear anyone performed this action towards him or anyone.

When I saw him do this live, my heart sank. I was confident there would be images discovered and arrests made related to this action coming from a section of home support.

I'm not sure why he didn't approach the referee and tell him, 'I believe there's racist abuse coming from that section of the crowd' ... whats with the actions?!

My comment was directed as to the reasons why I think the thread should be locked as opposed to the issue itself irrespective as long as it remains open it’s obvious all including those like me that think it should be locked are able to comment

I think such a serious matter needs to be discussed and scrutinised. The main problem here is that his claims haven't been proven. Had there been hard evidence and an arrest made, the rhetoric in this thread I'm confident would be condemning the individual(s) involved - and you probably wouldn't be calling for it to be locked.

You're not taking some kind of moral high ground by telling people what you don't think they should discuss.

Of course it’s going to be discussed it was a big headliner, it was published over every newspaper, it was on every news platform, do you seriously think it’s not going to be discussed on a public forum, which at the end of the day is where all relevant issues are discussed?
Write to sky, write to the BBC plus every newspaper and tell them it shouldn’t be discussed.

With all due respect, your suggestion is ludicrous..

Untitled.png

Making this gesture suggested to me he saw this aimed at him - and reported such to the world.
From what I have seen, it doesn't appear anyone performed this action towards him or anyone.

When I saw him do this live, my heart sank. I was confident there would be images discovered and arrests made related to this action coming from a section of home support.

I'm not sure why he didn't approach the referee and tell him, 'I believe there's racist abuse coming from that section of the crowd' ... whats with the actions?!

This is the problem with photos though, they're only a snapshot in time. The video this was taken from shows him getting someone's attention (possibly on the bench) and cupping his ear immediately before doing this gesture I assume to signify to them that he heard monkey noises. I think this action has exaggerated the complaint.
He followed the correct protocol on the field by reporting it to his captain who then reported if to the ref, but was this action really needed? Could he not have just run over to the bench instead?

Untitled.png

Apparently the procedure is to mention it to your captain first which he did

I am tired of people in the modern era thinking that just because someone is part of a historically oppressed group means they must always be telling the truth when they make claims, this #believe trial by social media bullshit is a stain on the current era, how about #waitforevidence instead?

Newsflash, humans lie, doesn't matter what colour they are or what gender they are, yes, I know, shocking right? Hard to believe for some I know.

No evidence currently suggests anybody was racist towards him, now that doesn't mean he is lying, he might have simply just been mistaken, it happens.

However, the rush to condemn the club and supporters for being racist before anything was proven is a serious problem and it's something people should remember going forward when claims like this are made.

The media don't give a fuck about racism either, they act like they do but they really don't, it's just another part of the drama for them, sells stories.

I am tired of people in the modern era thinking that just because someone is part of a historically oppressed group means they must always be telling the truth when they make claims, this #believe trial by social media bullshit is a stain on the current era, how about #waitforevidence instead?

Newsflash, humans lie, doesn't matter what colour they are or what gender they are, yes, I know, shocking right? Hard to believe for some I know.

No evidence currently suggests anybody was racist towards him, now that doesn't mean he is lying, he might have simply just been mistaken, it happens.

However, the rush to condemn the club and supporters for being racist before anything was proven is a serious problem and it's something people should remember going forward when claims like this are made.

The media don't give a fuck about racism either, they act like they do but they really don't, it's just another part of the drama for them, sells stories.

That is spot on.. By doing this you are in fact discriminating and in fact making the issue worse.
People are over protective of the problems which is not helping.. Treat everyone the same and there is your issue resolved.

This isn't going away. We are guilty,even if we are not.
The media are judge, jury, executioner.
Fuck the British media.

Yet the fact that a Chelsea fan was ejected for racism in the very same game, and another at the Chelsea Brighton game a couple of weeks later, has been forgotten and brushed under the carpet..

Anyone else find it funny that no one seems to care or comment on the ACTUAL cases of racism but spend hours creating an issue that didn’t happen?

No agenda whatsoever.

Last edited:
This isn't going away. We are guilty,even if we are not.
The media are judge, jury, executioner.
Fuck the British media.
Yes and how much though nobody has said is it to do with us and “Y” issue? And us embracing it! That annoyed a lot of people media and especially other teams fans who are openly RACIST & ANTI- SEMETIC
hate us for it.

In truth this thread should be locked till such time as the final findings are published.

Far too many are second guessing matters and none of us, including the THST are privy to what has or hasn’t been turned up . What does concern is the use of the word “ inconclusive “ in the original statement.

Some of the comments on here were a gift for the likes of Holt and there really shouldn’t be any surprise when his article or indeed others that will follow , which they will, are published. It was pretty obvious Holt would site examples of what goes on it Italy as opposed to the the line Rudiger has got history.

What is inevitable is that the whole debate about the use of they Y word is going to be reopened and no matter how stronglySpurs supporters feel about it the current climate in English football views such words in a different way.
The point is that it is time for some "final findings" to be published. What are they waiting for?

Imagine preaching to people that not accepting 2 people’s word against 60k and a whole world of cameras and watching public is not the way to deal with racism but actually witnessing racist behaviour and not reporting it is the way to deal with it.

Seems to me there is only one who has done damage and let down the kick it out campaign .
as i pointed out to an individual on this thread..if you witness and do nothing, you are a part of the problem.

Not bigging myself up, I saw it once at WHL, back when i was a season ticket holder in the Sugar Years. someone making Monkey noises at El Hadj Diouf when he played for the dippers.. reported it at half time, guy was chucked out.
Only time I ever saw it at a home game

Back
Top Bottom