Rudiger claims he heard monkey chants

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Cue ten pages of “see, told you he was a cheating cunt”.

Or we could assume positive intent and understand he may have misheard something. That would give us the highest of high ground.

Yeah I think its been obvious from day one he misheard something. There's no way he could of heard a single voice shouting something racist with the noise that was going on, no chants were sung else they'd of been picked up immediately and nobody made any gestures.

In the current climate, not help by the media whipping things up, I'm erring on forgiving the player for being mistaken. There should be an apology though to the fans, especially the media who were desperate to tar us with the racism brush as soon as they could.

What a lying cunt

Maybe, maybe not - we'll never know.

All we know for sure is that he was wrong and this story should never have got the coverage it did without proper investigation.

There is an interesting question over how we should react when he's next at the stadium. I suspect he'll be given (non-racist) hell, but that's probably not going to do anyone any favours.

He showed gestures to ref.

Than every game someone could claim monkey chants by hearing "booo"
Do you not think this has been covered off already? He gestured to the ref to show what he heard. Like telling someone to fuck if and giving them the finger also.

And yes, you’re correct. It’s massively easy to mishear a boo and think monkey noise. Probably easier if you have been involved in racism incidents before.

Back
Top Bottom