Rudiger claims he heard monkey chants

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Chelsea getting on their high horse about racism is an irony that threatens to overdose me on irony.

tenor.gif

Not surprised to see the unfounded allegations have no backing. I’m almost certain this is a misunderstanding, Rudiger has misunderstood a chant (or bog standard booing?) as a racist act - knowing his character he seems like an emotional and generally sensitive chap. It could’ve been a heat of the moment thing from him but at this point he should come out and apologise because he’s done a massive disservice to the fans and the club if his accusations are proven wrong. I’ve personally never experienced any racism at the stadium.

That’s twice now for Rüdiger. The fable of The Boy Who Cried Wolf springs to mind.

Wow what a prick.

If the Met Police had released the statement and taken it out of the clubs hands that would have killed this story dead. That’s the problem here, Spurs look like they self investigated and self policed and that’s factually wrong. Our club’s PR department are ridiculous at times.

only in the past few minute has the word Police been added to the BBC lead headline

as for Oliver Holt. Whatever. Prick

Oliver Holt broke into my house and stole my bike.

Also, an unverified mate of mine can definitely definitely promise that he saw a mop-haired cunt fitting his description riding my bike down the street while singing Bat Out of Hell.

But for some reason, the police and insurance company are insisting my door wasn't forced open and I never in fact had a bike to begin with.

What has society come to?

On another note, this "Guilty until proven innocent and then guilty even if proven innocent" culture really needs to stop, it's likely we'll forever be tarred now as racist fans thanks to this lying POS.

The sooner people stop using Twitter, the better.
It's a virtue signalling, trash talking clusterfuck of a communication medium that gives a global voice to all manner of manipulative asshats.
Lives have been ruined by it. It feeds the mob and trial by moral outrage/Twitter storms with no validation of facts are common place. Theres no innocence until proven guilty with this awful awful thing.
And theres no undoing the damage of trial by Twitter. The thousands, millions of outraged people that can hop on the bandwagon to give their insightful nugget of abuse disappear like a fart in the wind if the accused successfully disproves the thing they were accused of.

One thing I know with an absolute certainty...... If it had been me that had heard or seen this racial incident.... I would have reported it to the club and left it at that. Between myself and the club. Nobody else needs to know.

I don't think the guy who says he heard the monkey noises ever said they were specifically aimed at Rudiger. Holt just makes it up as he goes along. Somewhere else in the chain he claims the banana was thrown at Aubameyang in his desperation to show Spurs fans are racist. He should be reporting on lost cats for the local free sheet.

The sooner people stop using Twitter, the better.
It's a virtue signalling, trash talking clusterfuck of a communication medium that gives a global voice to all manner of manipulative asshats.
Lives have been ruined by it. It feeds the mob and trial by moral outrage/Twitter storms with no validation of facts are common place. Theres no innocence until proven guilty with this awful awful thing.
And theres no undoing the damage of trial by Twitter. The thousands, millions of outraged people that can hop on the bandwagon to give their insightful nugget of abuse disappear like a fart in the wind if the accused successfully disproves the thing they were accused of.

One thing I know with an absolute certainty...... If it had been me that had heard or seen this racial incident.... I would have reported it to the club and left it at that. Between myself and the club. Nobody else needs to know.
I would have reported it too, at the time though and probably have given the person being a racist my opinion!

I would not have left it 24 hours.

I would have reported it too, at the time though and probably have given the person being a racist my opinion!

I would not have left it 24 hours.
Yeah me too. My point was I wouldn't have then gone on twitter to advertise it to the world.
Asking for trouble even when doing the right thing

Hopefully not.

Rudiger did the right thing, whether he heard correctly or not.

It's the FA handling and the media guillotine, that is the real issue here.

Point in case: Oliver Holt.
Exactly this. Said then saying it now due process must be served before all the experts people with axes to grind(on all sides) got yapping.That didn't happen but the name calling mud slinging and defamation of our club and the player couldn't start soon enough for some. Its 100% emblematic of what's worse about the modern world.

Back
Top Bottom