Rudiger claims he heard monkey chants

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Nothing stopping the person who thought he heard something going to the police station themselves to give a statement?

I don't think the guy who says he heard the monkey noises ever said they were specifically aimed at Rudiger. Holt just makes it up as he goes along. Somewhere else in the chain he claims the banana was thrown at Aubameyang in his desperation to show Spurs fans are racist. He should be reporting on lost cats for the local free sheet.
A banana that had obviously been eaten beforehand (whereas we usually see whole bananas tossed in a racist fashion) and said banana skin was clearly thrown at another Woolwich player because they were celebrating like twats in front of the Spurs away fans.

I don't condone throwing stuff at all, but that one was another incident blown up massively where it's pretty obvious that racism wasn't a factor.

It’s also been forgotten that this incident made the PFA ask for a government enquiry before anything we proven.

And the government sensibly said let’s wait and see.

Wonder what the PFA will say now.......... would have thought Rudiger would have made a statement to the police and pointed out exactly where he heard this noise coming from. Maybe they will come out all guns blazing defending the player.

Like to see that statement. Clearly hearing a couple of voices amongst what 2000?+ in that area of the ground.
Must have hearing like Clark Kent.

I don’t think this is going away anyway.

PTo those who
He's a cunt.

Anyway this probably isn't true. I know Spurs emailed supporters in the section where the incident was thought to have occurred asking if they saw/heard anything. And both the club and police have concluded there was no evidence of racism.

Ok. Nothing to bite on. It was an honest question. I just dont know how we know for a fact that what he tweeted wasn’t true. But no requirement for you to respond.
You asked if Holt's tweets were factually incorrect which of course they are.

You're now talking about John Hall's tweets, that he heard something and stood up to racism... 24 hours later....🤔

You asked if Holt's tweets were factually incorrect which of course they are.

You're now talking about John Hall's tweets, that he heard something and stood up to racism... 24 hours later....🤔
Didn’t mention John Hall. Was wondering which bits of Holts tweets were incorrect. Unsure how anyone could know.

Holt’s tweets are completely at odds with his status as a serious journalist. These are not the comments of a journalist, they are the comments of a juvenile CFC fan.

I’m shocked at his stance on this. The man is a cunt.

Every right to be booed as he tried to get our player sent off and succeeded.

In this case I'd rather see our fans take the moral high ground and I sincerely hope they do. Leave it be, it seems unnecessary for the supporters to muddy the clubs name by needlessly getting involved in something that brings bad blood with it. It seems done with, let's let it slide

Last edited:
Holt said there were fans who heard the racism. No.. there weren't.

Fans as in more than one lying wanker.
But you don’t KNOW there wasn’t beyond all doubt do you? You just believe there wasn’t. Couldn’t it be possible that there were fans that called the club that weren’t called back? Don’t you think a journalist may have access to information like that that we don’t?

Maybe it is bollocks, but like the original incident, we don’t know if it is or not.

Back
Top Bottom